Still look like a big Pear

• Hello Everyone!

I am in Week 4, and have lost 10 lbs. so far!! I am so excited, except I can't see where the 10 lbs. came from LOL My body still looks like a giant pear (I have a lot of hip fat). Going to try and hang in there and finish this challenge, but I am ready to see something. Also, does anyone know how 2 c-sections will effect my outcome?

Thanks so much!!

--Emily

• The thing you want to leave first will be the last one to go!  Congrats on your progress so far, stay the course!  Most women are disappointed that the progress isn't greater at 4 weeks so you are not alone.  The greatest changes start happening around weeks 6-8 so be patient with it and keep pushing the rock up the mountain.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Scorpiomom: ..........."Going to try and hang in there and finish this challenge"...............

What happens if you dont hang in there and finish 12 weeks. What results will you see then?

I'm just sayin.

C-sections, strong legs, wide shoulders, big hips - BFL works for all body types and the fat will come off last where you want it to come off first. Murphys Law (bugger) Keep at it like the rest of us - BFL works.

Well said Champster - I like that.

ROCK THE DANCE FLOOR!

• Thanks Legs and Champster! I know I can rock this challenge, and change my life for the better. Now if only I could fast forward to week 8 and 9 :)

• Nah...if you fast forward you miss all the good lessons you are going to learn about your levels of tenacity and desire.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Don't worry scorpiomom, I am at the beggining of week five and I haven't seen a lot of  physical results, about 6# lost and collectively about 3 inches, but I am much stronger and it takes a lot more for me to hit my 10s when I'm doing cardio. I'm determined to finish the challenge because I wouldn't want to quit right before my turn around point. I've been following the forum for a while and this is the first time I've noticed someone mention the first you want to leave will be the last to go!!!! I've been trying to mentally will my gut to get smaller and hasn't worked yet. No inches lost there!

Tisha :-) “Running won't kill you, you'll pass out first!"

• I hear ya Tisha! I'm on C2W5 and I'm still waiting for the butt and gut to go! lol! :) All in good time...

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Stick with it scorpiomom!! I too tend to be bottom heavy and will always get leaner on top first. The junk in the trunk and the hips just seem to not want to let go of it!!! It will come off though, just takes a little more time. Way to go on the 10lbs!!!!!!!!!

The only thing that can stop me. . . . . . . . . . is ME!!!!         JEN

• You may still think you look like a big pear, but others might think you look like a skinny pear!

Just think, in a few weeks, you'll be just the core!!!

Don't give up!!

Stacy Lynn

• I am on week 1 day 3 of the challenge and just had a C section 7 weeks ago. I'm going to take it easy but I know anyone can do it now! Keep up the good work and my C section only prevents me in the lunges because my stitches start to hurt so I take it down a notch

• I have also had 2 c sections. 2 different cuts.. I have lost it but did low fat and gained it back but I have seen it will shrink... your body type is your body type... if someone tends to lean pear they will stay pearish but not as bulby....haha...i think sleek curvy is more accurate than pear haha... good luck!!!!

LIFE IS ONLY 10% WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU AND 90% HOW YOU REACT TO IT

• You know what? Your original supposition that your "body type is your body type" is accurate, but you took it too far, and I am thinking that the "pear you" is a discouragement to you, right? Well, the truth is, Body for Life is sooo hard to do and takes so long to see major results because it really WILL change your shape. In fact, in the book, bill uses the pear shape as an example that those who do low carb or low fat dieting with endless cardio, without changing their exercise habits, WILL just end up as a slightly smaller pear, but those who truly do the resistance training exercises as recommended and with significant intensity levels WILL see their body shapes changing. You can go back and scroll through all the champions' photos and see some real confirmations of that fact!! So, it's not smaller pear versur bigger pear, it's you against the pear! And YOU can win! But it takes time, effort and sacrifice. Are you up for it??

In my own world, I was once a pear shape guy. I had a chest measurement that was smaller than my waist and way smaller than my hips! I hated it, but like you I thought that was what I was stuck with. You can check out my champions' photos from 2006 and see that the pear is gone! It took a couple of years of pressing up iron and avoiding eating fatty and sugary foods, but the pear is long gone.  Mike Harris

• No- 2 C-sections shouldn't effect your results.

You my look like a big pear- but it's a 10 lb. skinnier big oear.

Don't worry where the 10 lbs came off of- chances are they came off everywhere- you'll make yourself crazy trying to add up the different areas.

Just be happy it came off.

Stacy Lynn

• I was a pear (always have been really...big behind...even when I was very thin, it's not so apparent in photos) and I think MichelleT was too.  Keep working, your body will shape up. :-)

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!