January 7, 2013 Start Date

• Day 5 over for me. I missed UBWO today, but that's ok I am going to do it tomorrow. Eating on track!! I must say I am finding it quite easy with the eating and really enjoying my chicken salad lunches. I feel so much better already, no bloating.  My legs are still absolutely killing me from Wed LBWO, I can hardly walk. That's one of the reasons I missed UBWO today cos as soon as I got home I jumped in the spa for a few hours, thought that might help loosen up my muscles.

Tomorrow is my free eating day. I'm looking forward to it. I won't gorge, but I do know that I will have risotto for dinner and some choccy cake for dessert - yum!!

Keep going everyone, 1 week nearly down!!!!

• It's exciting to see how well everyone is doing, and that we're all pressing on in spite of our screaming muscles! Remember, they won't hurt so much as time goes on.

I have to agree with Stephan, it is crucial to plan ahead. I forgot my egg for breakfast in my fridge at home. Fortunately, I brought a couple of  AdvantEdge drinks to work and was able to fall back on that. Whew! I am sore as well, however, since I have knee and back issues, I decided not to start full bore and did as much as I could do without rendering myself unable to continue.

Feeling happy thanks to the good endorphins that result from working out and eating well. Thanks to everyone who logs in and reports progress/challenges, etc. You are an inspiration! Keep going, the first week is almost done! 12 weeks goes by fast, trust me!

Have a great day everyone!

• "Winning is not normal, and people who win do so by following an abnormal path. The discipline and dedication and sacrifices are incomprehensible to the thousands, standing outside looking in, who are capable of joining, yet unwilling to pay the price of admission"

• Good morning all!  Hope everyone is on track.  Like it says in the book "if you fail to plan, then you should  plan to fail!" Get your menu done for the week.  Make double batches of stuff like ground white turkey, which you can use in spaghetti, on wheat pizzas, topped on baked potatoes, etc.  Or keep bags of frozen shrimp on hand.  I toss them in skillet with Pam, garlic, lemon, and cumin, etc.  Very tasty!!! (I'm from Louisiana and if I can tolerate frozen shrimp, anyone can.  Lol.  They really are good.). I always use lots of spices like garlic, cumin, lemon to give it that jazz!  With a menu it's harder to get off track.  Good luck today, I know that we all have it in us to succeed.  It's a conscious choice whether we choose to do so.  Heads up!!!!

• Hi from Hong kong,

just wanted to check in with you all.... things are good-,have to say, for such short work outs, they are very effective!!

I'm running faster and lifting heavier weights than I've ever done before!! :)

In future, I plan to get to the Gym in the mornings before breakfast rather than the evening which is what I've been doing..

I struggle getting up so I've  found this youtube Nike advert "Rise and Shine". to help me and hope it helps you too!!

(bit cheesy, but as long as it works, who cares!!)

Laura, would you agree to asking everyone on this forum to check in on a Sunday to  hold us all accountable with each other on a weekly basis ?? so no woman or man is left behind!!

Enjoy tomorrows Cardio session!

Suze

• I had a great week with my eating and workouts. I have a question. Is everyone going to have free day or you all thinking of continuing eating clean. I really feel I need my free day- like as my own reward. Any thoughts on that?  Great job everyone!

• My LBW is done, I am spot on with the diet. I feel great

• @Creative Being I guage how my free day goes by going with what I feel. I have lived BFL for so many years that I usually never have an all out free day. I know eating garbage makes me feel awful so it will probably be a free meal for me or just some extras on a meal or 2, like adding cheese and sour cream and actually eating,a tortilla with my chicken in it.

I take my fee days on Saturday, I'm working so no free stuff for me until after 4. My firsy challenge, I over took advantage every free day! Now, I just don't have a need for it. I love the BFL foods way of life.

• My advice, take your free day but don't overdo it because you will feel rotten the next day. It's like punishment.  Lol

• Is it okay to request in?  I am doing my 3rd challenge.  Love the program and did my UBWO this morning.  My eating habits could be a little cleaner and need to work on my water intake.  I am starting this challenge with a boot on my foot and hopefully heals sooon.  Have a good weekend....Tonja

• Did my UBWO this morning - did better than Monday but still need to ramp it up. Did my Friday weigh-in/body fat analysis. Lost 2lbs. and dropped body fat %. Ok, but need to do better next week. Finally starting to feel like I'm getting back into the swing.

Eating right but the nightly beers need to go.

Welcome to @Tonja

@Creative Being: take the Free Day and splurge a little. Not only will it satisfy some cravings but physiologically it will tell your body everything is ok and that you are not in "starve mode" - thus it will keep your metabolism up burning fat.

Congratulation to everyone on Week 1.

Onto Week 2.

• Week one is almost in the bag! UBWO in about 20 minutes, free day tomorrow, and cardio on Sunday! Everything is going smoothly, eating and exercising are at 100% I'm already feeling SO much better!

Hope everyone else has had a great week!

• Day 5 and feeling a bit sore but noticing a loss for sure. Won't weigh in until Monday.

I was feeling really tired and sore today so it was a rest day for me. I will continue on tomorrow. I still ate clean.

I feel it is important to listen to my body, as I said before, I do not want to render myself incapable to continue due to injury.

I feel positive and happy. I haven't felt that way in a while! Yay me!

• Thanks for the positive energy and the feedback. :)

• Started on the 7th here.  Did the program way back in 1999 and had great results.  Doing this time with my son who is trying to drop 30 pounds so he can join the Air Force.  Great idea bringing a group together to provide support to each other.