January 7, 2013 Start Date

• I'm in too.  I want to actually see if these results are achievable.  All my life I've walked around with a fairly large belly.  I usually suck it in so its not as noticeable.  Now, I'm ready to see if I can get rid of it for good.

• delighted to find this forum, i am doing body for life for the 1st time. i have had the book for over 10 years but with a few pregnancies its only now that i'm finished having children i am now ready to start this and i'm hopeful that i can stick with it. have been practacing the weights the last few days so i have some idea what to do next week!

• Count me in!!

• Hi everyone,

I know we are officially starting January 7th but I am slowly making changes this week to prepare for Day 1 so it is not such a shock to the body and mind.

Just wanted to share I made the protein pancakes this morning for Meal 1.  Not bad....easy to make and filling.  I am off to do my 20 minute cardio on the elliptical.

Have done everything but taken my before and after pics...don't really want to see on paper what I already know!  

Hope everyone has a great day!

• Wish you all the best of luck!  I did BFL exactly 10 years ago and was the first runner up in my male age division.  As I look back on it now, it was one of the best experiences of my life hands down.  If you stick to the workouts and nutrition guidelines, you WILL transform your body.  BUT, you need to give it time to work.  I didn't see a big transformation the first month or so, but at about weeks 6-8 the fat seemed to come off very quickly. It was almost like the first month was burning the 'deep' fat and then gradually you start taking it off in areas where you can definitely see results.

I personally didn't follow the workout guidelines to a T.  I found that twice a day workouts worked best for me.  I did 20 minutes of high intensity cardio every morning and followed that up with a weight routine in the afternoons.  It just became routine and it worked.  I went from 184 lbs at about 20% body fat down to 168 and 9% body fat during the competition.  Chicken fajitas, cottage cheese and protein bars were my primary diet.

Being the first runner up got me lifetime discounts on products, and to this day I still use Myoplex shakes and bars.  I'm nowhere near the shape that I was when I wrapped up the competition, but I do still follow a lot of the principles learned in BFL, especially on the nutrition side.  

There will always be new fad workouts and products, but the nice thing about BFL is it teaches you that you don't need the fad workouts and products.  It's basic common-sense information on workouts and nutrition that work.  

BFL is one of my proudest accomplishments, and conversely, it is also one of my biggest regrets in that I regret not keeping on the program.  Life tends to get in the way of workouts as we all have discovered at one point or another.  The hardest part is disciplining yourself to get off your butt and be active.  It's not fun to push yourself doing cardio or go for that last 6 rep set on the weights.  But having been there and done that, it is SO worth it if you can complete the 12 week BFL program.  

You WILL see results and you WILL feel good about yourself.  And the nice part is, you can continue doing it until you reach the level you want to be at.  If you fall off the wagon, pick yourself up and get back on!  Don't kill yourself with guilt, just refocus and keep at it.  

I'm personally doing a little shorter journey, with a trip to the Caribbean mid-March as my inspiration.  That's about 10 weeks and my goal is to achieve a level of fitness as close to my progress 10 years ago as possible.  I'm 10 years older, and a heck of a lot wiser now than I was then.  But I know the progress that can be made in that short period of time.  And fondly remembering little things like my pants being too big, actually seeing ABS, and especially the comments of friends and family as the weight came off.  There is no better reward than having people ask you want you're doing to look so fit.  

We're all coming off the holiday binge, and there's no better time than right now to start.  For those of you who have started BFL before, but not finished for one reason or another, I encourage you to stick with it this time.  You WILL BE AMAZED!  

I am the world's biggest skeptic and when I did BFL 10 years ago, I just happened to come across the book at a bookstore and said to myself 'I can do this for 12 weeks'.  I figured if I couldn't watch what I stuck into my mouth for a measly 3 months, that was pretty damn pathetic.  And once I had signed up for the competition, my competitive nature kicked in and there was no way I was going to be outdone.  Well, one person outdid me, but about 290,000 others didn't!

So again, believe me when I tell you that if you do this, and do it right, you will achieve results that will impress.  You will drop waist sizes, dress sizes, get healthier, learn positive lifelong habits, and possibly even influence other people to get fit. So get ready to cut out the processed sugar and grains, each more veggies and lean proteins, and DO THIS THING!!  I wish you all the best of luck!

• I'm in too! I did the challenge back in 2007 and it's time to get back to it!

• I'm ready. I'm a bit unsure of the weight I should be working out with though.

• Nice post! I appreciate your honesty and motivation-which we ALL need from time to time.

I look forward to sharing and your additional posts!

• Great post. Gets me pumped. Its sweet to know all of this support is available.

• I just turned 50 a couple months back, so age is def. not a factor!

This is my 2nd time doing the challenge. I'm stoked!

• DL50, I'm getting pretty stoked about this too.

Laura, seems like this group is growing fast. This is awesome, hopefully there will be more than 3 left this time.

• Hi! This is my first time doing the challenge, I am starting on Monday Jan. 7th, would love to have some online support!

• La oss komme i gang!! Norwegian for: Let´s get started!!! Good Luck everybody, I am looking forward to start and share this experience with you: Body For Life:-)

• I'm in.

• I'm right there with you.  My first time too.