Starting January 1st 2013....Anyone want to join me?

• Hi Sally and all others still pushing through!! I did my pics and measurements for week 4 this morning. 4 week totals are down 7.4 pounds and 6.25 inches. In the pics the biggest change I noticed was the amount of "cheek" hanging out of the back of the bathing suit was MUCH less. I also saw some definition in the thighs in the side pics.

For me, these next 4 weeks are always the toughest. Clothes feel good again, people are starting to tell you you look good, so I usually get lax when that happens. I love the workouts and am not having any trouble with the food, so I just have to stay tough mentally that where I'm at now isn't good enough. I really want to see the 12 week change.

I am thinking of booking a trip to Costa Rica at the end of this as my reward. It will be Easter break and much needed as I am a teacher of 8th graders..:)

The weekends are tough as I am dating someone and what do dates usually consist of? Yep, dining and drinking. Good news is he is a fitness fanatic and has helped immensely with this. My strategy the last few weekends has been instead of having a free day, I have 2 free meals, usually either Fri and Sat night or Sat and Sun. night. I don't have any desserts and I pretty much stay on plan, but I do allow myself a glass of wine and maybe some bread with dinner. So far that has worked with making me not feel like I can't join in the fun. Even survived a girls night out Thur at a Thai restaurant and stayed with the food plan.

Here's one of my favorite quotes . Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and stay strong!!!

• Rebecca27 Great Job!!!  I am SO tracking with you. I do the same dumb thing. I see my clothes fitting better and start the self sabatoge mode. But not this time!  We are going all the way!!!! I spent my evening watching the Hoosiers beat Michigan and so I didn't do my cardio - will have to do it in the morning.  I have so much energy right now but if I get on the treadmill now (its almost 11 pm) I will never sleep.

Water sloshing in the belly, Sally :)

Sally-for-Life!

• I am starting to see results!!  I need to take some new pictures to compare to my before pictures.  My stomach is much flatter than before.  I'm down seven pounds (173 to 166).  I also need to measure my body fat again.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.

Watch your words; they become actions.

Watch your actions; they become habits.

Watch your habits; they become character.

Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

TexasChris

• Hello all,  sorry for late response, I have the Flu.... I am not out of the game ... I am hanging   There..will report soon..

Jb....

• Way to go TexasChris!  I need to take pics too.  How did yours turn out?

JohnnyB!!! How aweful - hope you are feeling better now?  Its crazy good to see its not stopping you from your goal.  Just get lots of rest!

How is everybody else?

Its my weekly check in!  One more day to end Week 5 for me and I am amazed and can't wait to see what happens in the next 5 weeks!  I did all my measurements today. Started at 180.5 (I'm 5.8 tall) and now at 170.9 down 9.6 lbs. Lost 3 inches off my waist, 3.5 off my hips, 2.5 off my bust, 2 inches off each thigh and 1.5 off my calves.  My biceps have lost a total of 1/2 inch, they actually got bigger this week!  My shoulders have that nice little "cap" on them now, they are always the first place I show definition.  My middle is definitely smaller but still squishy. I can do many pushups from my knees, but  I recently made a goal to be able to do 10 real pushups.  When I started I couldn't even lower myself down to one (pathetic but true). But now I can do one and part of another. I am going to do this!  I still don't like the treadmill, but its getting easier. I watched a bunch of Angel City videos on Youtube when I did my last run, what a blast from the past!  It was actually the best cardio I did haha!

Sally-for-Life!

• Hey everybody!  I hope you guys aren't posting because you are so busy with body for life that you don't have the time.  

I'm still in the fight.  Last week was tough because I had a convention to attend here in town with lots of happy hours and parties.  I did slip a bit, but I'm back on track this week.  

Definately hitting some 10s on my cardio.  And I'm down to 163 lbs now from 173 orignially.  

• Hi all,

Sally, I found this on another thread yesterday and thought of you. Enjoy!

I thought I'd add these great posts from our late BFL Mike.....enjoy.

What the Heck Syndrome–Throwing It All Away! by: Michael Harris 2/19/2008

Today, we’re going to briefly deal with what I think is the most dangerous part of the first transformation, the middle weeks.

About weeks 5 to 8,( or Christmas) somewhere in there, you will encounter the "what the heck" syndrome. How you deal with it will determine the course and outcome of the rest of your challenge(holidays). Here’s how it works. You’ve seen good results to this point, maybe nothing spectacular, but your clothes fit looser, people have noticed, you feel stronger and lift more, and your diet has been pretty much by the book. You’re feeling confident and more. Then, here it comes: "Honey, you’re looking great, and that big wedding reception(staff/family dinner) is coming up next week. Would you do me a big favor and just try to eat and act normally while we’re there? You deserve a little break–you’ve worked so hard!" A smile, and a "pretty please" squeeze and he or she walks away.

You bite. At the wedding reception, it’s cake and ice cream, a few beers, a couple of handfuls of nuts, and so on. What the heck–you’ll burn it off in the early morning cardio. And you hit the cardio hard. But you hit free day which comes up very quickly even harder. Sleeping in after free day felt pretty good, and you’ll be back on that routine before they know it. This begins a spin from which some never recover.

Well, this is just an example, and the what the heck syndrome can take many other forms. A very sad event that just begs you to eat and drink over it. A really joyous event that just has to be celebrated. So, what’s wrong with that? Can’t I enjoy life, you say?

WELL, my question to you is,

"What does risking all the work you’ve done so far, in exchange for some really unhealthy eating actually have to do with the enjoyment of life??

If this is how the rest of your life after your challenge is going to be, you don’t stand the proverbial snowball’s chance in Hell of keeping your weight off and staying conditioned.

The appropriate response to the "what the heck" opportunity is simple.

Act like you’re enjoying yourself, and you no doubt will. If you can’t handle the peer pressure, grab a glass of diet soda, put a few little food treats on a plate and walk around talking to folks. Mess up the treats, and then at the first opportunity put the plate down, or hand it to a waiter, and walk away. You’ll feel better, and really, no one who matters to you will ever notice the difference. You will, though, because you won’t be waking up the next morning feeling like a bird slept in your mouth!

Having fun and acting normal at foodfests, without becoming a victim of the gluttony, takes practice but can be done! If you don’t master this, even if your challenge goes smoothly, the rest of your life is going to be a bumpy road! When I was first learning how to be a recovering alcoholic, I worried to death about how to decline a drink when offered one. My sponsor told me to simply say, "No thanks, I’ve had plenty!" And it was certainly no lie either. It worked. The only people who still tried to push drinks on me were people who needed the program I had just been in. It’s no different with food.

The ones trying to get you to stuff yourself are doing it due to their own issues, not yours!

Eat, drink and be merry–on free days! On other days, be merry! Don’t let anyone steal the prize out from under your nose.

• I just did my 6 week stats and need to share as I know others successes have inspired me.

After 6 weeks I am down 10.6 pounds, 2.5 % bf and 8 inches, I couldn't be happier and need to concentrate now on not falling into the "what the heck" syndrome as I posted above.

I hope everyone else is still out there and enjoying their journey

Rebecca

• Rebecca - what GREAT timing. I just came in to confess to a couple slip ups this week.  The biggest one being that I finally had my coffee with cream and sugar on my free day last week and so then I had another one NOT on my free day. I had some icecream yesterday since we all went to Coldstone. Then there was that chocolate truffle.....SO, I really needed to hear this.  I had already decided that on Sunday I am going to act just like I did the first Sunday 6 weeks ago!  I am going to plan everything and do what I did the first week and do the last 6 weeks BETTER than the first! So I appreciate the post.  

I feel lighter and stronger. But I won't  weigh in and measure til Sunday. Will let you know then!  

Good Job Texas!  Sounds like week 6-7 is just as described as above!  I am not gonna live in the "what the heck" attitude - lets finish STRONG. Sunday will be a test - we're going to see our son down at Purdue and out to eat. Will have to get my mind set before going.

Drink your water!  :)

Sally

Sally-for-Life!

• I'm still in the fight.  Thank you Rebecca for sharing that great post.  It really is the truth.  Slip ups happen, but they don't have to stop you from finishing.  

They won't stop me from continuing to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Keep up the good work guys and gals.

• Hey everyone.  I'm only 8 weeks late finding this thread.  I started right along with you all, and I'm still on track!  Ups and downs throughout, but I haven't missed a workout or eaten a junk meal (except for free days).  My biggest goal was 84 straight days on the plan, and let the cards fall where they will.  4 more weeks to see the 12 week results!  

• I am still here!  Been so busy lately but getting in every workout!  I haven't lost more weight and only another 1/2 inch lost, but I can see my body changing, muscle is replacing fat.  Week 6 and 7 I started drinking coffee with cream and sugar again - my greatest weakness. I have been having it on and off on days this week.  After I just read the above post from jr ("haven't eaten a junk meal") I feel a renewed surge of wanting to finish strong. So from now on there will be NO sweet coffee except on my free day.  My foot has been bothering me when doing cardio, I hope I just need new shoes.  It seems to be okay when not exercising.  I tried some new ab exercises today.  The Plank, and the Sitting one with the medicine ball (side to side).  Crunches seem to bother my lower back so I was trying to find some different ones.  What kind of ab exercises do you all like to do?  Hows everybody doing?

Sally-for-Life!

• I had a GREAT run this morning.  As the gymnast Pink says "You gotta get up and try!" and if that quote doesn't work - try to imagine doing some of these amazing moves!  www.youtube.com/watch  its her performance at the AMA show!

Sally-for-Life!

• Sally... great to hear your progress!  Something you may like:  I mix 10-12 ounces of GOOD black coffee with ice and 2 scoops of EAS chocolate whey protein powder.  Makes a great little frozen coffee drink without all the sugar and fat!  I usually have this as my post-workout morning meal, and it satisfies my coffee craving.  

I've got a million ab exercises!  Try laying flat on your back (a gym mat is great), lift your legs 6 inches off the ground then pull your knees to your chest, making sure that you lift your hips off the ground, then extend out again, and repeat.  You will need your hands by your side or under your hips for stability.  I usually do about 12 reps, superset with 12 reps of crunches (legs extended), and 12 reps of side crunches (each side).  48 reps in all, try 2-3 sets.

Keep it up!

• How you holding up Chris?  3 more weeks!