Starting January 1st 2013....Anyone want to join me?

• Hey everyone I'd like to join the group as well. This will be my 5th challenge and I've found it really helps to join a group. I'm 42 years old live in Denver and looking forward to hearing about everyone's experiences.

• Hi ho gang!  I am Sally and I am starting on Monday Jan 7 and I would love to join you all.  I have been looking for a month for some inspiration. Today I was throwing out old files from 2008 and 2009 and ran across my first challenge - the only one I ever officially entered - and it totally inspired me!  I am so ready to get back in the BFL lifestyle.  I ordered the Book and theSuccess Journal today.  Hope I get them by next Monday!  I am 47 and live in the Chicagoland area.

Sally-for-Life!

• I'm in!  I am ready for a second round too.  I started the first 12 weeks last April and did pretty darn good and was able to maintain.  I had a harder time keeping on schedule during the past 3 months due to everyone's schedule, i.e., kids, sports etc.  So anyway, I got my calendar out and ready to get with it again!

~Nothing changes until SOMETHING changes~

• I know I am getting excited about the next 12 weeks because I was dreaming about it last night!  I hope all of you all are getting pumped up as well.

My home gym is complete and I am ready to get up at 5:00 tomorrow morning and do some weights on day 1.  I've got my workout plan put together for the whole week including what exercises I will do and the weights for those exercises.  I also made a list of the dinners I am going to eat all this week.  Tonight I will complete the list of what I will eat at each meal on each day and at what time I am going to eat for all of this week.

I have to get together with my wife on what is going to be for dinner each night.  She likes the meals from the Eating for Life cookbook (which I highly recommend to anyone doing Body For Life), but she isn't doing BFL and we don't want to have to cook two dinners for the family each night.  

Tonight I will also take my before photos (which I guess I need to pick up a newspaper today to confirm my start date).

For full disclosure I am overweight (5'8" and 170 lbs, 15% BF), but not by too much (for my height overweight is above 165 lbs), but enough to make me feel unhealthy.  My eating and exercise habits are such that if I continue with them I will just continue to gain weight.  I do want to use BFL so that I get toned and develop habits that I can use for the rest of my life.

That being said, my goals for this challenge are:

1.  I want a six pack!

2.  I want to get my BF under 10%.

3.  I want to have more energy.

4.  I want to memorize at least 6 of the Eating for Life recipes so I can cook good dinners for my family without much effort.

5.  I want to learn the 20 minute cardio workout by heart (no pun intended).

Well everybody, I hope you all have a wonderful New Years tonight, and I wish you all luck tomorrow starting the challenge!

Best,

TexasChris

• congrats here i go.

• Great post TexasChris.

How's everyone doing? I did my workout had my breakfast, protein shake (1/3 of it) and had lunch about to drink more water. Had only 2 bottles so far. Need more.

I'm getting anxious about the rest of the day. Gonna get the journal out to help me focus.

happy new year! Let's do this.

• I'm in too, starting tomorrow. I've thought about this for a long time but never actually committed to do it. Just turned 39 and need a major change in attitude, outlook and life in general. Looking forward to the support from this group - I know I'll need it!

• Hi gang,

I am starting tomorrow as well. Did it about 10 years ago, took me a few tries to complete all 12 weeks. but man does it feel good when you do! I am not out of shape, but want to be lean and strong. Good luck everyone

• Yes, TexasChris count me in!  I actually started on Sunday 30th but hope you don't mind me joining you.  Have started BFL before but not finished.  Have not joined a forum before but am finishing this time.

• Hey Guys! Im planning to start Jan 2. I'm 39 years old and I've attempted to complete the challenge a couple of times in the past but never have. This time I'm actually entering the challenge and getting on the forums for some support! I look forward to completing the journey with you gus and making some MUCH needed changes to my lifestyle!!

• OK, HERE WE  ALL GO !!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE A PERFECT FIRST DAY RIGHT ??? Chris you start a daily check in thread like the 31st'ers did....

• Hi everyone, I'm in and am surely the oldest at 60. I did BFL about 12 years ago with amazing results but couldn't maintain. This time I started right after thanksgiving for about 3 weeks and am picking up where I left off. I am looking forward to chatting with you all as we progress.  Thanks for starting this, Chris.

• Has anyone downloaded the BODY FOR LIFE APP....It' awesome I recommend it

• Happy New Year everyone! Here we go, hang on tight, stay focused and stay organized! The will to win is not as important as the will to prepare!

• I'm the old fart of the group now at 66! Ha!!

Seriously, I will start with my nephew on 1/14 and I did it in 2001 and won an honorable mention! Congratulations on your 2011 championship!

I am a nurse and see so much suffering because of poor lifestyle choices, in other words stubborn couch-potatoism!

I am off the couch and exercising now and happy to start again!

Good luck everyone!