Foods

• I will soon be starting my transformation with this program, but I would like to get some input on how people are eating during this program.  I've looked through the food list    (some of which I eat now), and have browsed the recipes, but I personally like counting calories.  I've determined my BMR and will base consumption for weight loss on that.  Is anyone else counting calories, or just eating off the list and following the meal plans?  Also, how much protein should be consumed per day with these intense workouts?  What are some general guidelines to follow?  I can do the 6 meals per day, but need more detailed info.  Thanks.

• If you have access to the book, I'd recommend reading it.  So many people fail at this program because they start it but don't really understand WHY they are doing what they are doing.  You can probably find a copy at the library, or for cheap on Amazon.  It is a great resource and details the plan very specifically.  It's also very motivational!!!

With that being said, you should be eating 5-6 meals a day with equal amounts of protein/carbs. What's great about this plan, is that you don't have to count calories, etc....you can just use the hand/palm method for determining most foods.

When do you plan to start your transformation?  Good luck to you!!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Thanks for all the info.  I plan on starting the 1st or 2nd week of January.

• The brilliant part about this program is the simplicity, you don't need to count every gram of fat or ounce of energy, just use a bit of common sense about the type of food you eat, and keep portion sizes down.

I made a curry the other day it had chicken for protein, plenty of veges in it to keep my vitamins up, and a fist size portion of rice to go with it, feels and tastes great!