Starting 3 Dec and looking for some motivation...

• I am starting this Monday, 3 Dec...I did this program back in 2001 when I was 32 and it changed my life at the time. At 32 I was in the best shape of my life. All these years later things have changed and I need to get back to being happy and healthy again. I retired from the Air Force in 2008 and have really let myself go since then. Last month my wife of 23 years asked for a separation and now I am living with my 17 year old daughter and am ready to get myself back into feeling good again. I have more motivation now than ever and have planned out my first week of meals and exercises. The BFL website sure has came a long way since 2001, and I have no excuse for not completing this and getting myself where I want to be again. I have alot more time on my hands now and will be coming to this forum for the forseeable future...Thanks in advance for any responses and or support..

• Probably not going to be an immediate "partner" with you, but I am preparing to start BFL again. I too did this program to about week 7/8 a few years back and felt incredible. I am a little older, much more mature, and like you, I have more time on my hands to begin this process and make a run at it. I'm sorry to hear about your marriage. This would definitely be a great way to get your mind off of that, for at least a moment here and there, and take control over something YOU can control. I'll be hanging around the forums as well as plan to start in the first of January. Good luck!

• Thanks for the reply Hoosier...I take it you are from Indiana? I was born & raised in Bloomington/ Elettsville, left home to join the Air Force right out of high school...I live & work @ Offutt AFB, NE now...My side of the family all still live in Indiana and Im planning a trip home for Christmas..Hope things go well for both of us on this..Take Care & Good Luck to you as well!

• baker 589, I started BFL today. I was suppose to start the program in August, but my work schedule did not allow me to do it. I am pumped and excited to start this program and be fit, and feel great. I am from Panama City Beach, FL and have always said oh I will never look like some of these fit people at the beach. I know I can do it now and am ready. If there is anything I can do or help ya with let me know man. Doesn't seem like there are to many of us starting this right now. :)

• Welcome to the BFL Challenge site and forum . We're glad to have you back with us and you have my best wishes on your upcoming challenge and as I always say, like Bill Phillips...Keep MOving Forward!!!

• 10-4...born and raised in Terre Haute and still live there. We make many trips to Bloomington and really love part of the state! My wife and I are starting the eating and exercise tomorrow...thinking about an official "challenge" start in January.

• Good luck to you..I definately dont have the excuse of my work schedule not allowing me to do this, actually DoD Civilians are encougaraged to work out a minimum of three times per week ON DUTY time...I work at a fire station and have a very nice gym available to me at the station...The only thing that would keep me from completing this is me, and I am determined not to let that happen...Thanks for the reply and good luck to both of us..

• Small world..Huh? I sometimes go through Terre Haute via 46 to get to Spencer (which is where my parents live now)..Most of the time though I take the 231 exit in Crawfordsville...I am getting myself ready for Monday, going with my daughter to buy groceries tomorrow and the EAS shakes & bars.. Working on my ipod playlists for cardio and lifting...Good luck to you and the wife...I just cant wait to start feeling better all around..Take Care

• Awesome! We just got back home from finishing our week 1 veggies, yogurt, fruit and grain stock-up. We have plenty of fish and chicken in already and are looking forward to getting off to a good start tomorrow. We are going to start by modifying our plan and just complete 4 weeks to start with. Go get 'em!

• One week down: I'm down 5lbs and stuck to my calorie goals and most importantly my exercise goals every day. Feeling the best I've felt in a LOOOOOONG time. Hope all is well.

• Thats awesome!...I have been sticking with my plan as well...I have not stepped on a scale yet, but I know that I too feel the best I have felt in years...This past friday was payday so I went and stocked up on EAS Bars & shakes for the next two weeks...Thanks for the info and lets both keep up the good work...:)

• Good to hear, brother! I celebrated my birthday last Friday...34...so Friday was my day off. Enjoyed a little bit of cake and a full-on steak dinner, but all-in-all I didn't go overboard. Once I tasted the sweet stuff after having none of it for a solid week, it didn't take long for me to start feeling sick of it. Keep it up! (Ben, aka Hoosier)

• Hope you are still pluggin away with the BFL...This past Monday (Christmas Eve) was 3 weeks into it for me..I made it home to visit family & friends in Indiana from last Sat to Christams Day. I stayed with the program while I was there, went to the local YMCA in Spencer on Sat & Mon (Sun was my free day) to get my cardio & workouts in. Still feeling really good, and I can feel the weight starting to come off. My belt is on its last hole now and my pants are starting to feel a bit saggy..Thats a good thing..:)..Imade it out of IN before the big snow, my Mom & Dad said they got about 8-10" there in Spencer. Well, I hope you had a Merry Christmas & Wish you & your family a Happy New Year!..Take Care & Stay Safe..cb