Help needed is Chipotle a good eating out choice?

• had to eat out last nite, chose Chipotle bowl   - got only one scoop of brown rice looked to be about a half cup, grilled chicken, black beans, fresh salsa and lettuce   - do you think that is an ok choice for dinner ?

• Sounds like a good choice to me, might try it myself if the family wants to go there

• When eating out just remember portion size.  Usually what they give you in restaurants is way more than a portion.

From the Chipotle site here is what you ate

Cilantro-Lime Rice 3 oz. 130 calories

Chicken 4 oz. 190 calories

Black Beans 4 oz. 120 calories

Fresh Tomato Salsa 3.5 oz. 20calories

So looks to be about 460 calories.  Definitely not horrible for fast food.

Brian

www.starttransforming.com

• Was it delicious?

All I know about chipotle is what I learned from South Park...

• The sodium is sky high!!  I guess as an every once in awhile choice, it would be ok, but too often will probably set you back.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• I get the Chicken Salad(no rice), fajita veggies, black beans(sometimes), salsa, pico, and add Guacamole. It is one of my few places I go in a pinch and alot better choice than other fast meal options. Like BDMom said the sodium can be high and so is the price for the amount of food, relatively.

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• thank you everyone!  i will try and keep the visits to a minimum due to  the sodium , love being able to talk to all you guys really helps to stay motivated and make good choices !!

• chipotle is awesome, i think my burrito is normally 1100 cals lol