Any Brooklynites? (NY)

• I am looking for a support group in Brooklyn, NY.  Anyone?

Giving love to oneself one day at a time. 

Mone-nay

• Park slope here!

• Hi Minty,  I is great to know someone so close is doing this challenge.  I am in Crown Heights.  I had a great 1st day despite my food being not the best.  It will get better.

Mone-nay

• Hello neighbor! Eastern Parkway is a great thoroughfare to get in some great runs! The eating gets easier, it almost becomes second nature as your body will be craving healthy, nutritious foods. And, tomorrow is another day!

• Have you done this for a while? I gained so much weight and running is problematic to my knees.

Mone-nay

• In 2009 I did two 12 week challenges. It worked very well for me. Just recently, I started again and so far so good.

What are you doing for cardio? Running just seems to be the go to option for many, but there is so much else.

• I walk and jog.  I primarily walk and spin.  

Mone-nay

• Spinning is great! I try to catch a spinning class at my gym on Saturdays every now and then. I find that changing up cardio benefits me mentally and physically. Do you workout at home or at a gym? I sometimes jog in prospect park too!

• I work out at a gym primarily.  Home bores me.

Mone-nay

• I am struggling with recovery of my muscles.  They are so sore

Mone-nay

• How did you do Minty? This week was pretty good for me. Feel great.

Mone-nay

• How did week two do for you Minty.  Approaching week 3 and doing well.  I am enjoying it.

Mone-nay

• Things are good here Mone! I haven't seen a change in the scale but my clothes are certainly fitting better! Tomorrow completes my fourth week, and I must say, it's a different experience from a couple of years ago (slower progress) but I AM enjoying this "challenge".

How are you Mone? How are you dealing with cardio after leg day? Ugh! Still very tough for me!

• Hi Minty,

So far  have been combining my cardio and weight days. I few it as a warm up.  After the 9mph (I did for only 20 sec), i had to do legs.  My legs seem warmed up.  It was hard to get to 6.  however i super set my 1st 3 sets and I may not change the weight.  It is extremely hard to do.  I do that so fatigue doesn't set in.  I did this before and was successful.  My workouts are not to the T, however I am making sure I do them.  Due to hectic schedule, I do not make the gym daily.  This is my 3rd week.  I started over and felt like since Nov 15, I have grown tremendously.  I couldn't run, my knees used to hurt wen I did, so far I lost 11 pounds, progress is slow, just a number of changes.  Yes my clothes does not fit the same.  I am about to take picture #2 in a few weeks.  That is the only thing I keep up since November.  I cut back on the heavy starches because my body cannot handle it.  Those HIITS are helping my stomach go down in a BIG way.  I want more.  When I combine workouts, I sweat so much yesterday my eyes were blood shot red with all the salt in it.  That never happened before.  I had to run and rinse it out.  I couldn't stop sweating when doing my weight routine.  So So far so good.  I cannot believe that I'm doing ok.

I also frequent gyms late at night as someone suggested on this site.  I like the nysc in queens (Cooper) and the Bronx due to size.  I need space.  When I am in those areas, I plan to get there.  I hate the 9th ave nysc for parking.  I love the gym but grew tired of tickets and rushing for the meter.  Sundays are the only days I can go to that one.

Overall, I hope to see more change and keep it up.

Simone

Mone-nay

• Oh I find having rest days is something my body needs for whatever reason.

Mone-nay