Day 3

• So here we are in Day 3. We started the challenge and doing GREAT. We're eating right and working out and we love it. We happen to have gym passes but live in an apartment with a beautiful gym and we use that. It makes working out so much easier when it is SO convenient. It's great to be doing the challenge with someone, especially my husband. We are able to push each other and encourage each other. I'm good on eating right and he's good on the work out part. So he pushes me to get to my 10! And he just eats what I put in front of him.

After much controversy, which ended up being a little dis-heartening . We have decided to use the Eating for Life book as a jumping off point to create our meals. We are being careful to not choose the recipes that are complex or vary to far from the authorized food list. We are watching our portions with it. But, even if it's not "challenge approved" we are cutting our calories by at least 1,000 , decreasing fat by at least 50 grams, decreasing carbs by 230 grams, and sugars down by 140 grams.

We didn't take our measurements yet, we want to do that tonight. Any suggestions on to where we need to measure?

We also need to take our picture tonight, we haven't done that either. But we took our weight, and we didn't like the numbers so in a few weeks hopeful that number is greatly improved.

So wish us luck!

<3 Jacque Dee

• I measured my biceps, rib cage, belly (starting at the navel), hips  and upper thighs.

I also weighed myself but try to only weigh myself 1 time a week as the numbers aren't accurate in considering muscle gain and fat loss.

I would pesonally advise to sticking only to the authorized food list in the book. I know the foods can seem boring after a while, but use your creativity to spice it up!

If you stray too much from that list, you risk losing the results you want to see and set back on the weight loss.

I'm glad you both are in this together! It goes by pretty quick! It seems like just yesterday I started and here I am already in the middle of week 6!!

Good luck!!

Stacy Lynn