New here a few food questions

• I'm just starting and I think I understand the portion size and the balance of carbs and protein. Below is a couple questions and sample meals. Please let me know if meals look okay.

1. Sometimes I have to eat out for lunch during work day. I have had salmon on garden salad no bread and a little lite dressing
    2. Subway roast chicken sandwich, on wheat, no cheese, spinach tomato, pickles, pepper, mustard
    3. Breakfast, ¼ cantaloupe, fat free cottage cheese 1/3 cup, 2 egg beaters, 1 slice whole wheat toast (no butter)
    4. 3 egg beaters, 3 smoked ham deli meat (about 30cal), and 1 slice whole wheat toast.
    5. Snack ½ plain Greek yogurt with strawberries, banana, grapes and3 walnut halves
    6. Dinner 5oz salmon, 1/3 cup brown rice, steamed broccoli

Thanks in advance.

• They look great!!  I wish I was this organized, I'm very reliant on easy eats, protein bars, soup, etc.  Good for you for doing so well with your planning!  

• I'm thinking there's way too much bread.  There's just no way to make a Subway sandwich BFL approved, when you take a look at their nutritional value and remember that although Bill Phillips approved whole grain bread, that he said he was hesistant.  That would not then make for 3x in a day.  It's more a when you're stuck or 2x a week thing.  Can you have chicken and then an apple?  There's obviously many combinations of things.  I would suggest seriously cutting the bread and grain. 

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• @Jessica-

I am starting an official challenge December 10th and have done bfl in the past and saw amazing results.  BUT looking back, I do think I could have even seen more drastic results if I had cut the wheat, bread, grains, not cut carbs, but just cut out those foods.  What would you suggest for the carb portion?  

• Does your subway do wraps?  They are smaller, but still packed with veges

• Subs are my back up plan, by when I do I ask them to cut the bread and ask for twice the turkey meat.  That may be too much protein for you, but I shoot for 40g of protein.  Then I only use half the bread.

• If a sub becomes necessary, I too ask for double the meat, but that doesn't solve the carb protein.  A 6 in Subway sub is too much carb for anyone, even a large male. 

I would suggest quinoa, brown rice and steel cut oats if we're talking grain.  Usually I do more fruit and things of that nature.  You can do a salad with a chicken breast on top and then eat an apple as the carb portion. 

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!