Starting 11/12/12 - Who Wants To Join In And Keep One Another On Track?

• I too started the program 11/12/12, but I found this "group" today.  So here I am, right along with the rest of you and I am happy to have found you all!  

That said, I weighed myself this morning (after following the program closely last week), and the scale didn't budge at all. But I did not let it discourage me, I blame it on Hashimoto's and hypothyroidism!  My body feels tighter and my work pants fit looser this morning!  I'm hoping to see a little weight loss next week.  

It was a great motivational boost to read through the postings, you guys are an inspiration!  Keep up the good work! Just keep your eye on the prize!

Good luck to all!

• hi minty! Dont pay attention to the scale because you are building muscle!

So...I kind of ate bad today had too many sweet potatoes cubes and a little too many carbs but oh well! gotta keep going

• Welcome to the group Minty!

As Mell said I would totally ignore that scale.  During the first few weeks you body is trying to adapt so the scale really can lie to you.  Plus, muscle weighs 5x as much as fat.  If your pants are fitting loser I would say you are well on your way to a successful transformation.

I finally got my workout in.  I had a really good 20 minutes on the elliptical.  I was drenched by the time I was done.

I ate really good today except for dinner.  I am at work so this is one of my two free meals for the week.

Mell, you asked about thanksgiving.  Well I am going to eat but im not going to stuff myself like I normally would.  I will try to load the plate up with greens and turkey and maybe even use a smaller plate.  You could always use it as your free day if you wanted.

Brian

starttransforming.com

• Lazz, great to have you join in. I also look forward to jurney together! One of the good thing about the sport is that it can make you feel good, right?

I feel sore in my lower body today, so I plan to have a tough cardio work out.

I don't have any plan on my thanksgiving yet and like to hear yours....

• Minty, I weighed the scale last night, and it gained a little. I feel my clothes are losing this morning. It's good to keep the eyes on the ultimate goal.  

I love to eat turkey on Thanksgiving. :-) I agree it's safe to eat with a smaller plate.

• ljyee it is best to weight first thing in the morning.  You will like the scale better that way :)

• Good morning all!

My biggest challenge is eating every 3 hours. At times I find I am not hungry. Should I eat even if I'm not hungry?  But when I skip a meal, I go from not being hungry to a ravenous creature!

What to do?

• Hi all!

A recent 6-week "Biggest Loser" contest at my job got me to revisit Body for Life. It started on 11/12/12, which brought me to your thread. I first found BFL about 5 years ago, but never made a real commitment to the program. I read the book, tried some of the recipes, and that was about it. Needless to say, it didn't last very long. I am planning on using my 6-week work challenge to get me organized and motivated to start an "official" 12- week BFL challenge on 1/1/13.

I am a 38 year old single mom and really need the additional support of  this group. My son is very active and athletic, and has approached me a few times with concerns about my shape and health. I usually dismiss it, but I can't anymore- I really need to do this! I have a bit to lose, so it is going to take me more than just one 12-week challenge, but I like the idea of it being broken down into a few 12-week blocks- just seems a lot more manageable.

I am having some difficulty with exercise. I don't have a gym membership, but I do have resistance bands, 10 lb dumbbells, and sneakers. :) Any advice or suggestions? I am feeling a little overwhelmed.

-Janel

I may not be there yet...but I'm closer than I was yesterday.

• Minty, I find a handful of almonds is always easy to get down and a piece of fruit.  I think it is important to keep eating to keep your energy levels up and to keep the protein there for muscle making!

Janel - are you in a place where you can easily go for a run/jog?  As that pretty much takes care of the cardio :)

• Thanks MrC, I have to pack easy, "on-the-go" types of food and less fussy foods ie; chicken and veggies.

Janel, YouTube has many videos on how to get a full body workout with resistance bands and a few dumbbells. Also body weight bearing exercises are great too!  Hope that advice helps! Good luck and welcome!

• I am able to get outside for the cardio (for now, as I'm in New England) and I never even thought of YouTube! I'm going to check it out right now. Thanks!

-Janel

I may not be there yet...but I'm closer than I was yesterday.

• Janel,

If you have a good set of resistance bands you can get a great workout.  Like Minty said youtube how to use them properly.  Also I purchased a knock off set of adjustable dumbbells on Amazon and they work really good.  You can also buy dumbbells by the pound at most walmarts for pretty cheap.  I think you will probably need a few different weights for doing legs as Im not sure  about leg workouts with resistance bands.

Minty,  

You may want to make sure your portion sizes are correct.  I am usually not "hungry" after three hours but I have no problem eating.  If I do miss a meal I am really hungry.  I am finding the hardest part of this for me so far is getting the nutrition right.  I think ill go back and read the eating for life book again.

I ate well today but did miss one meal.  I was sleeping and sleep is very important when exercising so I don't feel that bad about it.  I had a really good leg workout today.   Sure ill be sore in the morning.

Hope everyone else is doing well with their challenge.

Brian

http://www.starttransforming.com

• Hi Everyone,

I did a body for life program 10 years ago and it helped me get in decent shape. In the last few years, I gained a lot of weight after I got married. My wife and I have started this plan again on Nov 12 2012. All the best everyone. Hope to inspire each other for next 11 weeks. I would like to thank Bill Phillips GURU for this plan.

-Avi

• Brian,

I did the great cardio and feel sore on my both legs. My body feels very energetic with a little fatigue. I enjoyed my hard running. Although I didn't sleep so well, I will adjust my diet a little bit to increase some protein and nutrition.

Janel, nice to have you join in us. you made the right decision for yourself to start to do exercise.

Cheers!

• Avi, welcome you and your wife to join in our team. Cheers!