Anyone interested in Starting November 5, (Monday) 2012....

• Hi JanZim,

Treadmill for me tomorrow!  I am going to try and not eat for an hour after I work out like the BFL book suggests. When I did this program 10 years ago (Hard to believe it has been that long) I would wait an hour to eat and I think it really made a difference. It is hard to do, because I love a cup of coffee first thing.  

Thanks for the ideas for balancing. I will definitely try them. I have a Bosu Ball and a tape that I can also use.  

I am going to spend some time tomorrow planning my menu for the week. I would like to get into the habit of preparing everything on Sunday so it is ready for the week! I have not been doing so well with my recipe board. Too many hockey games to attend on weekends!

I hope you have a successful workout tomorrow and that you are back on track with your eating!

Stay Strong!

• Hi Sparkle,

How is the menu planning going?  

I've been back into the routine of exercising again.  I'm not sure what happened last week, but I'm glad that's over!  Laziness I guess.  It feels great again to get back at it.

We did yoga as a family tonight.  I kept it short, maybe 20 min or so.  Not everyone was a willing participant at first, but by the end it was better.  We won't be able to do this every night, but it worked tonight since there was no hockey, or volleyball.  I would like to do this a couple of times a week with them.  It's so good to work on flexibility.  My kids are not very flexible, and I wonder at what age does that change.  As babies, they could suck on their toes!!  Now they can't reach them!  We definitely need to keep working at it.  It will help prevent injuries also with their sports.

My eating has been better, not perfect, but better.  

How is the balancing moves going for you?  Have you taken any more classes?

Good luck to you with your workouts this week.

• Hi JanZim,

Glad to hear you are back with your exercising!  I am better, but not where I want to be yet with my exercising! Still plugging along! That is fantastic that your entire family did yoga with you! A new yoga place opened and they are offering a week of free yoga classes.  I am going to try a few.  I think my balance is slowly improving. I am able to hold poses longer. I am better on the right side - probably because I am right handed.  

I started eating steel cut oatmeal again. It is amazing how it keeps me full! I bought a lot of fruit and plan to do some juicing this week! I also bought 2 medium turkey breasts that I am going to cook and slice and freeze.  That way I will have a stash of lean protein.  I should do the same with chicken.

Traveling for hockey really takes a toll on me. I just spent 5 hours with hockey today.  I have to take my son to St. Louis for playoffs next weekend. I am getting tired of hockey - it is such a long season!

Well, it has been 12 weeks since we started BFL and I am sorry to say, my physique hasn't changed much! I am going to keep going and hope to have a big change by the time baseball season starts.

There is no hockey tomorrow and it is Super Bowl Sunday!  I will have plenty of time to do some BFL planning!  I am also going to spend some time cleaning out my closet.  I am so frustrated when I go in there trying to figure out what clothes fit. It is now or never!

Good luck with eating and workouts!

Talk Soon! 

• Hi Sparkle,

Well, after 12 weeks, my body did not go through the transformation that I was hoping it would.  I can use the excuse that I've been dealing with a terminally ill family member, but truthfully, that's just an excuse.  I may have not had the time to get in all my workouts, but at least I could have maintained the eating part a lot better.  Sigh... well let's just move on and keep trying.  The next few weeks are just going to get worse with my family member.  Very sad.  

I have found that exercise is a much needed form of stress relief for me, thank goodness I guess.  However, what I put in my mouth is something of a different story.  I have to get myself in the right frame of mind.  Maybe I need to re-read some transformation stories again.  That always helps.  

So...here I go again.  With what lies ahead in the next few weeks, I will try to stick to the plan as best I can.  Exercise helps me so much with the stress, so if nothing else, at least I can do that.  I have to remind myself that bathing suit season is coming soon. Yikes!!  That's motivation for me!

Good luck this week.  Enjoy the yoga sessions:)

Talk to you later.

• Oh Dear JanZim,  I am so sorry hear you are losing your loved one!  It is so hard!  Don't beat yourself up over what you should be doing with BFL. At least you are exercising and eating better. Most people in your position would scrap the whole thing and just give up!  You can only do what you are doing under the circumstances. This is very taxing for you mentally. If you can, keep up the exercise.

I bought a Kathy Smith kettle bell tape today. It is a whole body work out with 2 different kettle bells. I am looking forward to trying it out tomorrow. I just got back from a great yoga class and I feel great.  We did a lot of stretching and held poses for quite a while. I am really focusing on my posture. Sometimes I don't look as good as I could because I tend to slouch. I want to change that.

I am always telling you about Dr. Oz and let me know if you are sick of hearing about him. His show was very interesting today. It was all about losing weight  and heart health. Check out his website for all the information. It was very helpful! He is devoting this whole week to losing weight. Tomorrow he is focusing on my problem, belly fat!

I wish you luck this week! We are plugging along together! 

• Hi Sparkle,

Thanks for the kind words of advice.  It is a trying time, and I will do the best that I can.

No, I'm not sick of hearing about Dr. Oz.  I don't get a chance to watch him during the day, so I love to hear about his tips.  I am interested in what he has to say about belly fat.  I looked on his website and saw what his show was about yesterday.  I've made notes on the "fat melters".  I want to try the 3 supplements that they suggested as soon as I can!  He had some interesting tips.  

Did you have a chance to try the Kathy Smith tape yet?  I'm happy to hear that you are enjoying yoga.  We haven't had a chance to do yoga as a family this week yet.  Hopefully soon though.

We'll just keep on "plugging along" on the BFL journey.  Who said it would be easy anyway? :)

May you have great workouts and healthy food this week!

• Hi JanZim,

I am so glad you were able to check out Dr. Oz's website! Yes, he has had some great tips this week! I try to watch him every day. I will continue to share any relevant information with you as I learn from Dr. Oz. Today's tip which is very important  - is - we should be eating raw nuts, not roasted nuts. The high heat levels needed to roast the nuts change them and they are fattening. Raw nuts are not fattening. I think you have to acquire a taste for raw nuts. I think I will give them a try.  

I did use the Kathy Smith kettle bells tape. It was very good! I plan to do the lower body workout tomorrow.  I have been exercising every day - twice a day!  I know what you are thinking . . . I go from inconsistent to overkill. I am working out in my basement in the morning and then going to a class at the Sports Club in the evening. I am hoping to have dropped some weight by Spring.  That is keeping on track.  

I have to go to St. Louis this weekend for hockey. It is only a 4 hour ride, but you know how hard it is to do anything around hockey games. I will try my best and maybe the hotel will have a treadmill.

Have a great weekend and I will connect again on Sunday! 

• Hi Sparkle,

How was your weekend?  Mine was crazy!  Hockey Friday night, hotel that night, hockey in am, then drive 1 1/2 hours so my daughter could switch sports and play v-ball Sat and Sun.  2 nights in 2 different hotels, bad food, no exercise and lots of sitting.  Looking forward to this week to detox my body.  It feels gross!!!

Anyways, just checking in to see how your weekend went.  Hope it was better than mine.  

And good luck this week!

• Hi JanZim,

What a terrible weekend we had in St. Louis!  We lost every game! We have turned into the Bad News Bears! I ate pretty well, but had no exercise! I can sure identify with what you went through this weekend! It sounds crazy!

I went to a cardio sculpt class today that was very good! I ate well too! I am going to lunch with my friend tomorrow - so I hope I can find something healthy to eat on the menu!

Hope you are having a good week!

• Hi Sparkle,

I hope you didn't think I had abandoned you forever!  I had an extremely stressful last 2 weeks.  My ill family member passed away last week.  The week leading up to it was spent with her also.  I've been away for 2 weeks, but home now.  Looking forward to getting back to a normal life...whatever that is now.

I hope you have continued along with your exercise and eating regime.

Anyways, I just wanted to check in with you.  It's been awhile!

Take care.

• Are you still there Sparkle??

You probably thought I abandoned ship!  I posted 2 days ago also.  I'm back now.  I haven't started the exercise routine yet.  Still trying to catch up at home here.  

Anyway, I'd love to hear how things are going for you.

Later...

• Sparkle?  I'm here.  Let me know how it's going.

• Oh JanZim, I am so glad you came back!  I thought you left me!  I am so sorry to hear about your loved one's passing!  That is so difficult on everyone! I hope you are getting along okay!

I have been plugging along with my eating and exercising.  I did my free week of hot yoga and really enjoyed it!  I plan to take an occasional class at that studio. I hate to pay for yoga classes when I can attend classes at my sports club that are included in my membership? I have embraced the exercise part of BFL. I have tried a variety of classes at my club and have been attending regularly.  It is fun to exercise with the same ladies. It makes me feel like we are in it together.  The same way I feel communicating with you!

I am getting spring fever!  I am really determined to change my body!  I tried some clothes on at the mall the other day and was so discouraged.  That experience, along with the hint of spring, really got me fired up!  I noticed I drink too much coffee and sometimes the caffeine makes me jittery.  I do love a cup of coffee in the morning, but I need to limit myself. I am drinking green tea as I write to you!

I can't wait to get outside to run! Pretty soon!  I am taking a cardio sculpt class tonight!  I will let you know how it goes!

I hope you are back on track with your fitness and eating!  

It's great talking with you again! 

• Hi Sparkle!!

I thought you had given up on me and left this site.  So happy to hear from you again.

That's awesome that you're enjoying exercising.  It is a lot more fun with others.  I have not started up yet.  I don't know what I'm waiting for...until I can't fit into my clothes???!!!  I'll tell you, it's almost getting there!!  The weight that I lost before xmas and in Jan....well, let's just say that I found it:(  I've been kind of down since my loved one's passing, and I know that exercising will help boost my mood, but I just haven't started yet.  Maybe now that I know you're still here it will get me motivated.  

Spring fever?  I wish it looked like spring here!  We are still buried in snow, and it's still snowing some days. (It was -20 this morning!!)   One positive sign that spring is near is that it stays daylight longer.

Anyways, it's good to be able to chat with you again.  The way my body looks now is disheartening.  I was really seeing some progress, especially in my arms and legs, and my belly area too.  I know it's possible to achieve that again and even more, as I was just beginning to see results.  I feel like I'm back to square 1.  I'll just have to suck it up and get back at it.  I know I'll feel better once I start.  I always do.

Hope you enjoy your class tonight.  Later girl...

• Hi JanZim,

OMG, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!  I went outside In the back yard to fill the bird feeders and my husband stuck his head out and said, "How much weight have you lost"?  I couldn't believe it!  He noticed!  He told me I looked really good!  Quite frankly, I don't feel like I have lost that much and the scale certainly doesn't indicate much of a change.  I do notice the belly fat starting to go down. I know things are changing on the inside of the body and it takes a while for the scale to reflect the changes.  

My cardio sculpt class was great last night - but it wasn't easy!  We used weights, a stepper, and a Bosu ball.  We do a combination of cardio, balance and weights. It is a great workout. Tonight I am going to Abs Assault.  The person teaching the class is George Hood. Check him out on the Internet.  He holds several world records - one where he held the plank position for an hour and twenty minutes.  He is the fitness director at my sports club. He is 54 and looks amazing!

JanZim, you had success last time you committed to the program. Maybe you can use that success as inspiration to start again!  I know the hardest part is getting started!  Spend some time alone and meditate and think about all the benefits you get from taking care of yourself and how good you will feel about yourself. You actually enjoy exercise once you get started. I had to teach myself to enjoy exercise. Is there a way you can exercise with a group or even a friend?  Maybe the park district or gym offers classes?  I have found that working out with others helps me stay motivated. I can also use my tapes when I can't make it to class.

How is the eating going?  My tip of the day: Freeze blueberries and blackberries and put them in a gallon size ziplock. Take a few out when you get a craving for a sweet tooth.  They are delicious and they stop the craving!  Best of all they are healthy!

I noticed Karensgreatbody is back. She started 3 weeks ago. I will write and see if she wants to connect with us again!

Keep going JanZim!  It is very hard for you right now because you are still grieving. Give yourself some time to sort things out. My newest advice to myself and others: Be Patient!

Have a great day! 