Anyone interested in Starting November 5, (Monday) 2012....

• Started week 2 today with my UBWO.  Thoroughly enjoyed my free day on yesterday.  Even had egg nog....yum.  Back to the plan this morning!~  Have a great week!!

• HI Karen, I put on weight too, but I have lost some cm off my waist which is far more important for me! :)

• Feeling much better and was able to do my workout this morning with no problem!!  Thanks so much!!

• Rainy day blues.  Got on the treadmill, lasted two minutes, got off.  Legs tired, back hurt, just not ready to run this early a.m.!  So sit now in work, figuring a good time later in the day to try again.  Can't miss my cardio.

Hope everyone has a great day!  

• Good morning!  Very nice LBWO last night, looking forward to cardio tonight after work.  I am trying to stop by the gym on the way home to do my workouts, because once I get in the house I seem to get trapped in the gravity well and can't get back out!

Scale is still moving in the right direction, but I am still really p****d off about where I started - should never have gotten that bad!

• Congrats to those of you who are seeing the scale move down.  This morning I wanted to trash mine!  I am a bit frustrated, well actually no, I am VERY frustrated with what my scale had to say.  I know things don't happen overnight, but in a week I expect to see some change.  Am I being too impatient??  However, my clothes seem to fit a little looser, but I'm scared to take my measurements in case I don't like what it says either! lol.  Patience does not come easily to me.

But, I'll just keep on doing my workouts in the hope that soon I will see results.  I definately feel better, and after the free day, I realized that I didn't feel so good with some of my food choices.  So that's a positve to keep eating healthy!

Good luck everyone with the workouts and healthy eating this week!

• Oh, I am sure I will hit the point where the scale is not my friend.  I had actually been trying to lose this weight literally for months and months, and nothing that I had done before was working.  I lost about 40 pounds 7 years ago, and have maintained with fluctuations that whole time - I would gain 10 pounds or even 20, then get mad, go back on the diet that I used to lose it the first time, and go back to around my goal weight.  

But since the first part of this year I have been unable to lose weight at all  - I got pretty sendentary after a minor fall running with the dogs left me with bruised ribs and I could barely move, plus this fall I had a terrible bout of asthma and they put me on steroids - whatever the excuses, I worked and worked the diet and could not lose an ounce (in fact, my weight crept up to almost where I was before I lost the weight in the first place, ugh).

It was not my commitment or effort that was to blame (unlike some times in the past) - my body simply would not give up the weight, no matter what I was doing.  I figured that I needed to really work the exercise in order to finally get healthy again, not just a little or just aerobic, but serious weight training like I did in my 20's.  So I pulled up the BFL site, looked at it for the 100th or so time, and finally decided to really do it this time (even took before pics - yikes!)

So I am sure that soon enough I will be back to the point where I will have to get my satisfaction from how I am starting to look and feel and how my clothes fit, instead of what the scale says. I am guessing I was holding onto a ton of water from the steroids and sedentary lifestyle, and that is a lot of what has come off in the past week.

Be patient!  And then feel free to gloat when the scale DOES show you what you want to see!!!!

• I'm also a 42 yr. old mom. It's been hard with a little one to chase, tired is a state of being. I've never done this before so I hope to do well and stay motivated.

• I was wondering . . . do all of you work out in the morning on an empty stomach and then wait an hour after your workout to eat? I am doing great with the eating part, but I don't have the exercise part down yet. Do you follow the workout schedule in the BFL book?

• I would love to be able to work out in the morning but my schedule just won't allow it.  I have to get up, walk and feed our dogs, get myself ready, drive my son to school then it's an hour commute to work.  I am already getting up at 5 to get all that done!  I'd have to get up at 4 to make a morning workout happen, and then I'd be dead by 8 at night!

SO, working on the theory that actually getting the workout in is moe important than stressing over the perfect time of day, I am stopping by the gym on the way home after work, before dinner.  I wish I could do a morning workout, but it won't happen unless and until my work situation changes.

As for the workout schedule, I am trying to stick straight to it as written this week and going forward.  I may have to shake up some days if I work late or have an evening commitment so I can't go to the gym after work one night (like tomorrow, for example) but the routine is really good as written and I want to stick to it as closely as possible.

• I do my workouts in the morning, as that's the only  time that works best for me.  I wake up around 6:00am, and follow the BFL workout for that day.  I do all my workouts at home.  We have a treadmill that I use for the cardio and an elliptical ( but I don't like to use it so much).  We do have a weight bench and lots of free weights, which I like, but I do find it hard to do my lower body without some of the leg machines.  

As for the eating, it's pretty close to an hour after that I have my breakfast.

Of all the workouts, the upper body is my favorite to do, and the cardio is my absolute LEAST favorite.  I have tried upping my cardio to 30 or sometimes 40 min., just to get this chub to come off.  I follow the 20 min BFL cardio, then either walk with an incline or run at a slower pace with no incline for an additional 10 or 20 min.  My idea behind this is to get my body into my "fat-burning zone", if there is such a thing.!?!

I really like how this program is laid out.  The only thing that I do differently is add abs after each cardio, so that I'm doing them 3x a week instead of once or twice.  I feel that I need to work them at least 3x/week.  Otherwise, I stick pretty close to the book.

• I've thought about doing that, too - abs after cardio.  Although right now my cardio is the rowing machine, which tends to work my abs pretty well anyway.

• Thanks for the feedback. I will follow the BFL exercise suggestions as best I can and make changes when needed. I did this program when I was 43 years old and had great success. For some reason I keep thinking it won't be as successful this time at 52 years old - just because I am older. I hope I am wrong!  Congrats! It sounds like things are going well for all of you!  Love the words of encouragement!

• Hey everyone.  What's been happening with all of you?  How has your week been?  Hope all is well with each of you.  I had a touch of the stomack flu this week, but good to go now.  Only missed one workout because of it, and chose the cardio. lol!

I hope everyone is still motivated to keep going.  Here's to week 3!!

• Hello?  Anybody still out there?  

Anybody feeling the motivation starting to slip away?  I usually do my workouts in the early am, but somehow talked myself out of it this morning.  So now I am looking on here for some inspiration/motivation.  I won't let this day go by without my WO, but it's cardio, and I'm stalling. lol.  It's 6:30pm where I am, so I still have time.  But I better get to it as my husband and kids will be back from hockey practice soon, and I know if I haven't done it by then, I won't get it done!

Would love to hear how it's going from the rest of you!