Anyone interested in Starting November 5, (Monday) 2012....

• Hi Sparkle,

Wow, that's the greatest compliment a husband can give!!  That's so great.  You've motivated me to get-up and get-going.  Spring is just around the corner like you said (contrary to what it looks like here,lol), and when I started this back in November, I had visions of myself looking svelt in a bathing suit this summer.  It's not too late, but I better stop procrastinating or it will be!

I hope karensgreatbody will join us also.

And look at you, for someone who didn't like to exercise, you're just rolling along and participating in all kinds of new classes!  I'm so jealous.  We don't have those opportunities here.  There isn't even a gym/fitness facility here.  The closest one is 1/2 hour away.  I'll just have to use my Insanity dvds, treadmill and weights.  But that works for me, as long as I use them:)

Take care and enjoy the Abs Assault class tonight!

• Hi JanZim,

My abs were certainly assaulted!  We did tons of crunches! What I like about this instructor, George Hood, is that he explains exactly what is happening with the body with each move.  It is amazing how much stronger I am in such a short time! I was never able to hold a plank for very long and now I can hold it longer.  We had to do planks on a stability ball today.  I hope to keep up with the exercise part of BFL, because I just hate the thought of starting over.  I can't believe that I am actually enjoying this! I am sleeping better too! I realized that I was just going through the motions with exercise and now I am very conscious about every move.

Do you have a Bosu Ball?  It is used so much at the club and really has huge benefits. My balance has improved so much from using it.  If you get started now, you will definitely be ready for swimsuit season!  Just bite the bullet and force yourself. You will feel so much better!

It's great to be talking with you again! Have a great day!

• Hi Sparkle,

Well, I did an Insanity workout tonight.  You're right, I do feel so much better, mind and body. It's a start.  I'm hoping it won't take as long to see results this time...there's gotta be some muscle left in there somewhere!:)

I'm pretty sure I am going to be sore tomorrow, a gentle reminder to keep going and push myself.  

Is your son still playing hockey or is it all finished now?  We are away this weekend with my daughter's volleyball.  One more week of winter hockey, then the spring hockey starts.  That goes until June.  And volleyball goes until the end of May.  

Anyways, have a good workout tomorrow!

• Hi JanZim,

Glad to hear you are back to working out!  I bet you feel great!  Just keep thinking about wearing a swimsuit this summer!

We just finished hockey and my son doesn't play spring. He plays baseball and indoor practices have already started.

I have been doing great with my workouts, however, I tend to not workout over the weekend.  I need to change that, even if I just go for a power walk.  I cannot believe how free I feel with having 2 boys away at college.  I still have my little guy at home - but it is so easy with 1. Like all of us moms - I always put my family first. That is why I am so behind on my exercise regime.

As you know from past communications, I am very much into health and healthy eating. I will continue to pass along any tips I come across.  I read every health and fitness magazine I can get my hands on.   I am really diligent with my yearly exams too. My doctor was offering a lipid panel where they draw 4 vials of blood which they test and give an in depth report on various levels like cholesterol, thyroid . . . And various other information. I decided to take the test, because many times when levels are off - it is hard to lose weight. I have not been having any problems, but I want to find out for sure.

I will share my results when I get them back.

You are going to laugh, but I actually keep notes of things I want to tell you!  I am going to try a recipe using kale. If it turns out, I will send it to you!  

I hope your eating is going well!  Have a great workout! I am heading to yoga class now!

• Hi Sparkle.

Since I last talked to you, I have been to 2 exercise classes that are offered in a neighbouring town.  A school teacher is putting it on.  She's not a fitness instructor, but she follows a program and makes it a lot of fun.  It kind of reminds me a bit of Insanity, but not quite as intense.  It's good, and much more fun to do with others.

It's been so cold here, -26 in the mornings. Unusual for this time of year.  I can't wait until this snow melts.  I'm anxious to start running/walking in the warm sunshine, but the way it's going here, I may be waiting until July!! Crazy weather!

I have not tried kale yet, but someone told me about a recipe using it as a baked chip. I think you sprinkle it with a bit of oil and spices and then put it in the oven and bake it and eat it as a chip.  I was told it was very tasty and you can make it as spicy as you want.

I just bought a book yesterday that has 15 min workouts.  I haven't tried any of them yet, but thought that it would be something that was useful with my schedule right now.  If I have more than 15 min then I'll just combine a few of them together, or do more sets.  I'll let you know how I like it.

Enjoy your workout today.

• Hi JanZim,

That's great that you found a group to exercise with!  I really think it helps to exercise with others now and then. You kind of form a bond!  I look forward to seeing all my workout friends! It has been cold in Chicago too, but not as cold as where you are!  Hard to believe tomorrow is the first day of spring!

I have purposely not been logging into My Fitness Pal.  Instead I have been recording my food intake on old fashioned paper.  I find it easier to keep a binder with with a page for each day. It is easy for me to look back and get ideas on what to eat.  BFL doesn't count calories and My Fitness Pal does. What method are you using?

I went to cardio sculpt class tonight.  She really worked us! We used the Bosu ball, 3 different sets of weights and the band. We had to hold the plank for 1 minute while alternating lifting our legs. She made us do the plank 5 different times.  My  legs feel like rubber!

The book you bought sounds great!  It's nice to change things up a bit.  Let me know how it goes!

The scale doesn't really show much weight loss for me, but the girl who teaches cardio sculpt said that happens because fat is turning into muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. Muscle makes you look thinner than fat. She said the scale will start to show results.  Many BFL people say the scales starts to change around week 8.  We will see!

Tomorrow I am going to Lucky Legs class at the club.  That world record guy I told you about is teaching!  I probably won't be able to walk after that class!

You haven't mentioned anything about eating!  How are you doing with that?

I hope you have a great day!  

• Hi Sparkle,

Ha ha, you called me on it.  The reason I haven't mentioned anything about my eating is because it's been terrible and I didn't want to admit it. All I want to eat these days is chocolate and bread.  Comfort food?  I know what to eat and know how much better I feel when I do it, but somehow I am still making bad choices.  I was using myfitnesspal before xmas and even when I was in the hospital with my family member.  I liked to use it.  It made me accountable to what I was eating.  

This week is kind of crazy.  I need to find some "me" time and organize my food plan.  Things go so much smoother when I'm organized.  Hopefully I can do that this week.

I have been looking at some other posts on here.  There are some really amazing transformations.  Quite inspirational.  It helps to see others and makes me think that if they could do it, I can too.

I always look forward to any tips you share with me.  Lately, I've been eating the greek yogurt with frozen berries for breakfast.  Maybe I should be having some egg whites with it for more protein?  The BFL eating plan is so simple.  I don't know why I tend to make it complicated??

Hope the Lucky Legs class was good.  Are your legs sore?

Have a great day!

• Hi JanZim,

I just finished a 90 minute workout with George Hood!  45 minutes on legs and 45 minutes on abs. It was a great class because he explains why we are doing certain moves. For instance, he had us stand along the wall facing the ballet bar.  While holding onto the ballet bar we had to do 25 squats with toes pointed forward, 25 squats with toes pointed in and 25 squats with toes pointed out. He made us do 3 set of those squats. He explained that by moving the feet we were calling on different muscles in the leg and that is what gives us definition. It was a great workout!  I belly fat is shrinking and I lost 2 pounds. I am so happy!  I actually look forward to going to the classes!

Yes, I think if you plan out your eating you can make it work. When I don't plan my meals I reach for something easy and it is never a good choice!  I am glad you are doing the frozen berries and yogurt. Sprinkling cinnamon on the yogurt is good too!  Do you like sauerkraut? People either hate it or love it. It is very good for your digestive system (according to Dr. Oz) and a great food choice.  It is low in calories and stops cravings.

Yes, I have seen some of the posts and they are impressive!  You and I will be there soon! Work on your eating and I will continue to send any tips you might find helpful. How much weight do you need to lose?  Ideally, I would love to lose 15 or so pounds!  

I found another great magazine called - Oxygen.  Have you ever seen. It?  It has a lot of great articles!

Have a great day!  

• Hi All...

Hi JANZIM, Doing ok.....I had a restart, as of Feb 27, 2013....thus I'm only on WEEK #4, rather behind everybody else I'm afraid.  Feeling good nontheless'.  My body feels stronger, although my total weight(on my scale) has yet to budge...not even a pound...gerrrr.   I'm mostly sore all the time, and a good day is when I can make it up the stairs without too much pain...lol.  But believe it or not I'm getting used to the soreness, and I have to admit that I've only just begun to like my routine. Not happy about the way my legs are looking flabby now either.  I'm hoping the new muscle I'm building may take care of some of that..  

Can't believe how large this forum has grown, while I was away.....so great to read all the successes everyone is having...

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK...

hugs from 2nd day of spring here in Canada...and it's snowing! Again! lol :)

karensgreatbody

• Hi karensgreatbody!!  Your back!!  Sparkle and I would love for you to join us again.  Great job starting again!!

I have had a little set back, but am just starting to get back at it.  I'm sure you read our last posts on here and have seen that Sparkle is seeing some fantastic results, isn't that right Sparkle?  You are an inspiration to me!!

Sparkle, I am going to try those squats that you were telling me about.  It sounds like a good workout for the legs.

And yes, I have heard about the Oxygen magazine.  I used to subscribe to it, but now just buy them now and then.  It's a great magazine.  Actually, the book that I just bought is an Oxygen one, it's the 15 min workout.  It's good, and the thing that I really like about it is that it has special workouts for specific muscle groups, like shoulders, biceps, back, lower body, and abs. So I feel that I am getting a really good workout when I do it.  And it's only 15 min, which once I start, I almost always do more than the 15 min.  But the 15 min mindset is what gets me motivated to do it.

Anyways, better get ready for work.

Karensgreatbody, I'm from Canada also, and the first day of spring felt like the middle of winter.  It stormed here!!  Are we ever going to have spring????

Happy workouts Sparkle and karensgreatbody!!

• hey everybody......also i found this video on  a BFL youtube info....it goes tlike this

for a 20 minute cardio workout

2 min warmup @ 50%

1 min @ 60%

1 min @70%

1 min @80%

1 min @90%

Repeat this whole pattern 4 times, with the last one instead of hitting for 90% you hit the 100%

Then I spend about 5 minutes cooling down

I have to say I'm loving this......hope it helps somebody else.

Have a great night

Karen

P.S Common' spring!!!

• Glad you are back - Karensgreatbody!  It would be great for us all to connect again!  Thanks for the BFL YouTube workout!  I will check it out!  

How is it going JanZim?  I went to cardio kick class tonight and it was a great workout! What I like about going to these different classes is the fact that we do something different every class.  I forgot to tell you - after we did squats with our feet turned in and out we had to go through the entire circuit again with our feet turned in and out while on our toes. It was very hard. I need to take a day off from the weights and abs workouts. I am hoping to go outside tomorrow and take a power walk or run. I will be wearing a winter coat, but it will be nice to be outside.

I saw the advertisement for the 15 minute workouts in the Oxygen Magazine. They look like good, quick workouts.

Did you get a chance to organize your eating? Don't get overwhelmed! Start slow! Maybe just focus on breakfast and get that nailed down before you move on to lunch and dinner. I understand exactly what you are going through, because I went through the same thing with exercise. Take it slow and figure it out so it will become second nature. It took me a long time to find my exercise niche.

Have a great, successful day everyone!  

• Hi Sparkle and karensgreatbody,

Karensgreatbody, I will have to try that workout that you mentioned.  I haven't been using my treadmill much lately, but this gives me incentive.

Sparkle, I have not had a chance to sit down yet to organize my food.  I've just been trying to eat a protein and carb for meals as much as I can.  I've been so busy with work that I haven't had much chance to eat properly.  I'm away this weekend again.  But hopefully there will be better food choices!!

You had asked me before how much weight I wanted to lose, and it's about 10 - 15 lbs.  Too bad I have to re-lose(is that a word?) the first 5 lbs though.  Sigh....

Anyhow, have a great day girls!

• Good morning all,

Have just begun to thing about doing the 12 weeks again once this one has ended......thinking I may be off to a better start that way.

I'm just begining week #5.....wow, can hardly believe I've made it this far.  I'm feeling so much stronger, still no change on my bathroom scale!

Have a wonderful week

karh

• Hi JanZim and Karen,

I just finished a cardio sculpt class at the club. The good news is I can hold a plank longer than ever before and I have increased the weight of my dumbbells. I can't believe how I look forward to exercise class when not too long ago I hated the thought of exercise! Today is my birthday and I went to work out! That never would have happened a year ago!  My clothes are fitting so much better and the success I am experiencing keeps me going!  

I love quotes and I found this one to share: "if your mind can conceive it, then your body can achieve it." Just keep picturing yourself in those jeans or swimsuit! It's amazing how much our positive and negative thoughts control us!

JanZim, are you still working out with your fitness group? Were you able to try the leg workout with your toes pointed various ways? Don't forget to do it on your tiptoes! Just wondered how you felt after that?  I go to that leg class again tomorrow night with Mr. World Record. I will  pass along any work out tidbits I learn!

I have been picking up a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store for an easy dinner. It is perfect because it is all cooked and ready to eat! It is also a perfect source of protein when the rest of the family is eating pasta or something that is not BFL approved.

Karen - so many people say they don't really see any significant changes in their bodies until around week 8. I find it helpful to read the success stories. I find someone my age who lost the amount of weight I want to lose. It is interesting to read their journey. Stick with it! You are getting close to week 8!

Good luck to both of you this week! I enjoy communicating with you both!