Anyone Want to Start 10/29/12??

• I'm with you on that Halloween Merianne!  Made sure I bought gross candy to give out, but there were some delicious looking candy bars in there, I told the kids to take BIG handfuls!

• Tell, me.... what is GROSS candy?  :)

Hows your workouts going?  I know it is only day 5, but man.... I feel GOOD!!!!!!!  If this keeps up I will have NO problem doing this program!  Do you get to go to a gym or stay at home?  I get to saty at home, which is good for me cuz I don't like anyone watching me.  I just about bit my husbands head off this morning when he tried to come in the bedroom to get some clothes or something.  I said "DON'T LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!"  Not yet anyway.  When I am ripped I won't care who looks.  right now I am just throwing blubber around.  :P

• WTG, Merianne! Fight fast food! You might have been able to get a grilled chicken salad with lowfat Italian dressing and apples from there. I don't know if they serve that any more. Another tip: if your family ever goes to Taco Bell, you can order things "fresco style" which means no cheese and more veggies (tomatoes, lettuce and onions). Just a thought.

Also, there should not be a point where you are that hungry,  because you will set yourself up for failure. It happens, yes, because you can't control everything that happens, but keep a protein bar on hand just in case. It's a bad idea to wait longer than 3 hours before your next meal. Believe me, I've messed up the diet plenty of times waiting too long to eat.

I found three boxes of Myoplex bars on sale for $30! Score! I snatched that right up. I keep those in my purse now, so I have an emergency meal if needed.

I remember the last time I did the challenge, I got REALLY hungry between weeks 5 and 6, and then the last two weeks. I curbed my appetite with veggies, raw and/or lightly steamed, which you have no limit on. It helped a lot. Also, Eating-for-Life says you are supposed to really enjoy at least one meal a day, and this will keep you on track. I really enjoy my dinners and "desserts." I usually have a modified version of what my family is eating.

Just some suggestions that helped me through the last challenge. :)

When is y'all's free day?? I think I am going to use mine tomorrow because I will be at a get-together in the evening, even though I prefer Sundays as my free day usually.

WEEK 1, ALMOST OVER!!

-katiebug

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall

• Gross candy is all that cheap stuff that you buy in bult and has names and ingredients you have never heard of.  I ate some on Saturday and...basically spent the next hour picking it out of my teeth.  Skittles on the other hand...mmm skittles.

I think the best part of my workout week WAS all the pizza and chips I had on my free day on Sat.  It actually felt like a massive treat, as normally I would have been eating chips all week.

Luckily in my apartment complex there is a small gym, so only ever about 2 or 3 other people in there at a time, if any.  

• Katie, it's funny you should mention not being THAT hungry... I was THAT hungry, but I totally forgot all the snacks I had paked away for just such a situation in my trunk!  I'm a dork.  

My free day is Tuesday nites right now.  I have a parenting class I teach every Tuesday nite and they provide the dinner.  It is exactly after work, so I don't have time to grab something, so I just use it as my free meal.  It's usually not too bad of a meal, but this week we had Pancakes.  I had such a tummy ache afterwards!  I only had two, and they weren't that big!  I am starting to not really like the free day.  :(  

Today for me is one of those days... where you dont really feel like you are acomplishing anything.  I just kind of feel like I am  - well, there.  I did my workout and I have been eating right.... I guess I just need a boost.  Or a nap.  Yeah a nap sounds gud.

Mr Cynical, count your blessing for that vacant gym.  Working with what you have at home surrounded by two little kids is NOT cool!  And now I want some skittles!  :)

I got my started pack yestaerday, which I am very excited about becasue I wanted to make a pumpkin pie, but needed some vanilla protien powder...now I have it!  I will let you know how it was tomorrow!

Keep on keepin on!

• Anyone still here? I think my BFL-friendly foods need an overhaul. Someone pointed out to me that some of my carb intake is not really healthy, and I realized that I am in the "diet" mindset where if it's lowfat, it's ok. WRONG! The point is to eat whole, nutritious foods that my body can use as fuel.

To make a long story short, I am going to be using the nutrition advice from the BFL book and this web site ONLY...the Eating for Life book, I have discovered, is for long-term maintenance and not for the 12-week overhaul program. So, we are still pretty early on (week 3, right??!) so I will rethink my protein/carb intake.

Hope everyone else is doing well. HIIT in the morning!! yippee! :)

-katiebug

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall

• Tofu is good, right?  I made this www.kalynskitchen.com/.../spicy-sriracha-tofu-peanut-butter.html and it was amazing.  I'm not even Vegan!

• HI BFLer's,

Is there anyone left in this group?  We have two more weeks.  Happy New Year.  We made it thus far.  I started over a number of times and realized that failing during the 1 weeks is part of my original process.  Hang in there all.

Giving love to oneself one day at a time. 

Mone-nay

• Anyone finishing strong this week?

Mone-nay

• WHAT is everyone doing after the challenge is over/  I plan t start challenge2.  I feel so accomplished and ready.

Mone-nay