Anyone Want to Start 10/29/12??

• Having trouble posting pics! Will try again tonight. I DID take my before pics, however. Anyone else? What is your workout  today?? I am doing an UBWO (upper body workout); heading to the gym now :)

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall

• Hi kaite!  Sorry it took me so long to reply... it was a very busy weekend!  How was your workout this morning?  I have a slight problem, I have to work out at home and I only have two sets of weights: 5lbs and 10lbs. I am pretty used to the 5, but the 10 will be too difficult right now.  So I am having a hard time working up to my high point.  Is it OK, If I kind of go backwards and do the 6 reps first, then 8 then 10, then 12 leading to the 24 consecutive?  Also, s chewing gum allowed?  I'm kind of addicted....

• I am not on facebook, but thank you for pointing out the "nutritiion" tab.  I missed that somehow!  Thanks!  you really are a good support system buddy!  

• I have posted my pics, but they are on my Challange registration.  I am also having trouble uploading photos.  When you figure it out, let me know, I need to do that.  Loooking at the pictures and reading the stories is my favorite part of this plan!!!

• I'm in!!! Just got the book and am excited to get going :)

• Yay!  Thanks Katiebug for getting this group going.  I received a Body for Life e-mail and it lead me to this person's blog with recipes  www.emilyalvers.com/healthy_recipes.html  Some good stuff there.  My daughter made me some protein breakfast muffins (from the BFL site) which helped out tremendously this morning because I was so rushed to get somewhere very early in San Francisco.  I am getting ready to go to the gym now.  But so far, a great day eating according to the plan. :)  We should all "friend" each other here if possibly.  I am open to whoever wants to do that here or on Facebook.  

• Welcome, starjan and south35th! We just started today, so y'all are right in time ;) Merianne, yes, you do two consecutive sets of 12 (24 total, if you can make it) using the weight you would use on your 3rd set (the one that has reps to 8), but the second set of 12, (the very last set) you do a different exercise focusing on the same muscle group. I like using pushups as an option for upper body. The goal is to hit your "10," but you won't be able to do it every time!

• UBWO (Upper Body Workout) today was great; couldn't use quite as much weight as I was doing before the surgery. Only hit "10" on my chest. That will change soon! Made quiche for dinner and I think I ate a little too much. Going to cut the serving size down by 1/3 next time. Also made a protein-pudding "pie" to have before bed. If it's good I will share the recipe :)

HIIT (cardio) tomorrow early! Keep us updated on your progress please, it is encouraging! Share workouts, meals and recipes if you wish!

-katiebug

• HOW TO POST PICS:

Click on your profile and then click the "files" tab. A "browse button should show up and you can attach your pics that way. That's what I had to do. So, if you want to see my before pics click on my profile. I pasted them on a Microsoft Word document so you will have to have Word 2007 or newer to see them. :) Happy lifting!

• I started today, I know why Tuesday right? Lol! Cuz it's an even number ;)

• Hey all! Hope everyone had a great day yesterday.  I completed the UBWO at an empty gym yesterday (Hurricane Sandy) and it went pretty well, hit 10 on almost all my exercises.  But I was a little optimistic when planning amount of weight for some sets, had to tone it down a bit. :)  Very sore this morning but it feels pretty good.  I'd love that recipe for the protein pudding pie, I was struggling to find some protein for my sixth meal last night.  Have a great day!

• I am starting tomorrow 31st October!!!

• Welcome, mjsings, bigdog and Nicole! We started Monday, but you are welcome to join or group!

HIIT today went well. Ran on my home treadmill. Got up to 8 mph, but hoping to get to 10 mph to hit my 10 in a couple of months :) How about everyone else?

I rented the Eating-for-Life book from the library, and it is fabulous!! IT has hundreds of wonderful, simple recipes. Check it out if you get a chance. The original Body-for-Life book will do as well :)

• Hey everyone!  I was determined to get out and run this morning, til I noticed a sheet of icy snow on the ground.  I stayed in and did my HIIT inside.  Kaite, I agree, the Eating-for-Life book is absolutly AMAZING!!  I got mune off of Amazon for under $3.  Love it!!!  starjan, thanks for the link!  it was very cool!  mjsings... you are too funny!  I think I am gonna like having you on our team!  I am gonna go friend request all of you wonderful people!  

I hope you all have a VERY sucessfull day today!!!

• I signed up for two 5Ks and there is a really cool app called Personal Running Trainer.  You run a guided run 3 times per week and he gets you up to running the 5K in about 8 weeks.  Since you only run 3 times per week I am using this as my "cardio" days.  It is about 20 minutes of walk/run and a 5 minute warm up with a 5 minute cool down, so it takes 30 minutes, but what I really love about it is that you use your own music for your playlist.  My first run is  a Christmas run taking place 12/23, and then I am running the Tinkerbell 5K in Disneyland in January 2013.  

Also, Merianne is right, you can get Eating For Life super cheap used and it has amazing recipes.  A lot of them are super easy too.