Cannot stop eating

• Friends and Lifers,

I started Monday with the program and today, Day 3, has been a serious struggle with satisfying my hunger. I have been eating the correct portions of carbs, protein, and veggies as directed by Bill, but today I am having serious hunger pangs. This is more than the munchies. It's crippling hunger.  I'm taking vitamins as well, so I know I'm getting the nutrients I need. Anybody else know why this is suddenly an issue? Does it have anything to do with starting the program? Will my body adjust?

Thanks

Linsey

• Greetings LinseyDS,  Just curious about one thing ...are you drinking the 10 glasses of water recommended during the day while on the challenge.  I know that is difficult but it also does help with feeling more full after and between meals as well. Also double check your carb to make sure you are getting the recommended amount.  I do believe you will adjust eventually if you perservere in your efforts and follow the plan as directed.

• Hi Bill,

I didn't think about the water part. I am drinking more water than I used to, but definitely less than 10 glasses. As far as carbs go, I eat pretty much the same thing every day. I figured my portion size to be 1/2 cup. Maybe that's too small? I'm a 25 year old female, 5'10, 155ish pounds with normal sized hands... I don't know. The unbearable hunger has waned as the evening progresses, so it mostly occurs in the first half of the day. I think it might be due to my metabolism, which is naturally very fast (lucky me).

• I agree with Bill, you should up your water intake.  drink one glass (8oz) pf water and wait 20 min, if you can.  If you are still hungry maybe a snack will help.   I am just starting and this is a big fear of mine becasue I have a desk job.  Eating all day long has become a habit for me.  I just didn't eat the right kind of things.  I feel your pain!  Keep me posted on how you feel !  I do know it will pass.  I gave up all sweets for two weeks and I can quite honestly say I did not crave sweets after two weeks. It does pass!