3-4 days a week

• Does anyone combine the workouts?  My job is taxing with long hours.  Before I start, I want to know my workout times.  Is it acceptable to do cardio and weights in one day?  Morning evening or in one shot?

Simone

Giving love to oneself one day at a time. 

Mone-nay

• If you are hitting your 10's, then  I imagine you would burn out after a while. A full cardio session  and weight session on the same day could eventully turn you off to exercising altogether. I did it one day because I knew I couldn't workout the next day. But I have to say, I was totally spent.

• This is certainly not ideal, for reasons that Bill Phillips explains in his book.  But, it's better than not doing the workouts, in my opinion.  I work out at 10 - 11 pm, after a long day as well.  It used to be taxing, but once 70 - 80 lbs of fat burned away and I got in good shape, it was no longer taxing.  So you see, the program really works.

Once I discovered the joys of weight training, all other passions were transcended.

Jacium

• I think if you are only faced with a few days to workout you can make it work.  I think the ideal scenario would be to knock out your 20 minute HIIT first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and then hit the gym later in the day for your weight workout.  I have done it on many occasions, and am currently doing a program where I break up my cardio and weight sessions and think it works out well.  It would not be following BFL by the book, but if it makes it do-able for you, then I say go for it. The diet is 80% of the puzzle; if you have that down, the rest will take care of itself!! Good luck.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Great advise.  Thank you

Mone-nay

• Hi,

How long did it take to lose 80 pounds?  Its my turn.

Mone-nay

• Mone,

Target a weight loss of about 6 - 8 lbs per month.  Be patient.  I first cut my portions in half for thethree main daily meals, and filled in with healthier snacks (fresh fruit, high fiber bars).  This was before I knew about BFL.  I describe the approach in my Bio page.  It's important to understand the dynamics of the body, that things don't change very fast.  But, they do change, ever so gradually.  I had to be patient, keep believing, and not give up.  The body eventually responds.  The last 20 lbs was lost while doing BFL, which is critical to change the shape of the body.  Good luck with this....sorry for not responding sooner, but I've been out of the country for a while.

Jacium

Once I discovered the joys of weight training, all other passions were transcended.

Jacium