Partners wanted. starting 10/15/12. support group.

• Like to put together a support group.   I really want to do this.  Anyone in denver, littleton, highlands ranch area?    Lets chat and do this!

• I am in the Nashville area and will be starting a challenge on Monday the 15th.  This is my second challenge, the first one was years ago. It works and you will feel so good about yourself.  Would love your company as we go thru the next 12 weeks.

• awesome,  thank you for the response.  Bought all my food and supplements.   Plan to do upper tomorrow morning.  

• I'm in Virginia Beach - starting again today. I did 10 (of 12) weeks from May to mid-July and lost @ 19 pounds (205 to 186).  I've since put TEN of those lost pounds back where they DO NOT belong.  Want to complete the whole 12 weeks this time, and make it a plan for my life.  Goal for these 12 weeks (yes, including T'giving, Christmas, New Year's, Anniversary and all) is 175.....I hope to check in on a regular basis..

• I hope you all had a great first day! My starting weight is 193 (ouch.....I said that out loud!) My goals are to be healthy, lower my blood pressure and ultimately have an end of challenge weight of 165. I plan on weighing every Sunday morning. We can do this!! I am so ready to feel better about myself and be healthier too!

• I started today as well. I feel like I've been eating all day. But my upper body is feeling the workout this morning. Feeling good. Have a good week guys.

-Savorlife, don't feel bad. I'm starting at 270. Ugh.

I once had faith in the surgery, I now have faith in me.

• I started today 10/17...I actually did this in 2000, went from 210 to 140 in 12 weeks, it was amazing..well the weight started coming back slowly at first then in the last few years..it is really coming back. I was 30 then, now 43..I know for a fact I will not be able to lose that much weight again..I am older, got arthritis, I had a physical job back then, and more time and money, now I am just looking for support so I do not beat on myself too much. Its those negative self talks that are my downfall. I too have no gym membership now, but I am going to do my best with handweights and cardio dvd's.

• Welcome Draken. I started on Monday. Welcome back to the challenge. You are an inspiration to me and what's possible in changing my lifestyle. Age is nothing here. Focus on your goals and making them positive. Leave no room for error. One of my affirmations: "In 12 weeks I will feel beautiful." I started with I want but after the first couple days, I know I can do this. I will change my life. I will be healthy. I will be beautiful. I'm so happy for you. Let's do this.

• Thanks! Made it through day one, made those pumpkin muffins, not so good. (FYI)  Having my morning cup of joe to get energy to work out...Psychcjs I am sure you will lose the weight you want..Just look forward to FREE day, I have pizza on my menu for that day!!!

• Popcorn is on my list for Sunday. Yay! My arms are still hurting. I woke up this morning and wanted to punch my legs in their face. How dare they not remember all those years of volleyball? How dare they? Anyway, 3 down, 3 to go. Have a good day.

• Hi Everyone and my buddy Psychcjs!  I started on the 15th also, and yesterday I woke up with a sore throat and migraine.  I babysat for a friend whose daughter was just diagnosed with strep, so now I have to go to the doctor tomorrow.  I'm trying SO hard not to be angry, but I'm losing that battle.  I've been pissed off all morning that I feel so crappy.  I chased my toddler son around the mall yesterday for an hour but didn't go to the gym because I don't want to feel worse and more sick.  I am sticking with the eating plan but no more workouts until I feel better.  I have to rest as much as possible so I can be okay to take care of my kids.  

• 44, I'm so sorry you're feeling ill. When my son brings home his little gifts from school, the whole house goes on quarantine. Those buggers hit adults so much harder. I think sticking to the eating plan is the best thing at this point. You don't want to pass out with a 20lb weight in your hand. A couple days won't hurt as long as your metabolism stays going. I hope you feel better soon.

Have a good day guys. 3 down, 3 to go until the end of week 1.

• Good to see everyone here!  For some reason - I can't help it - I have to weigh every day... works for me, I guess.  Hey Draken - I discovered that if I follow the plan, some of my old aches and pains diminish - I was incredulous.  I sit at a computer all day & have little time to do much else - but the program fits my schedule and I HAVE TO WORK IT.  Hey 44 - sick or not, do SOMEthing - stretch at least. Whatever you do don't quit.  Exercise - even a little - helps everything.  No kicking yourself, no anger.  You're here for a reason and a purpose.  Oh - as far as gyms go - not sure who has what in their area, but Planet Fitness is a steal.  Thank you all for being here - I am sure it will help me stay motivated.  Down just under 3 pounds since Monday... and yes I's sore but it feels great!!

• Thanks for the support!  I went to the doctor and got some antibiotics so I'm feeling a little better.  I've been doing a lot of cleaning around the house and sweating a lot just doing that.  I am not going to do a free day this week because I don't even think I'd even enjoy it the way I'm feeling.  I'd rather just save it up for next week.  I think I'll still weigh myself tomorrow and Sunday to check things out and hopefully I've lost at least a little bit.  Good for you, chippers32, on your 3 pound loss already!!  You must be so thrilled!  I have the urge to weigh every day, too, but I'm afraid of being disappointed so I'm waiting until tomorrow or Sunday.

• Okay, great news!  I weighed on Sunday and I was down 2.6 pounds for the first week!  I tried to do too much on Saturday and felt worse on Sunday with my cold so I'm just going to take it easy and stick with the eating plan but no exercise.  I didn't do a free day this week and really didn't even feel tempted to since I knew I wouldn't really enjoy it with a cold anyway.  I can't wait until my free day this weekend when I'll hopefully be feeling better and really ready to indulge.  How was your free day, Psychcjs?  Did you plan it out and eat things you had been craving during the week or was it just a whatever happens, happens kind of day?