Starting Sept 30th 2012. CANNOT DO IT ALONE

• That is a good thing Cal!  My upper body is still sore from Monday's workout, but I know that means I did a good job. :)

I just quickly read through that section in my BFL book and I don't really see an explanation for why he has us do a different exercise for the same muscle group at the end (for the high point).  I thought I had read a reason for it the first time, but couldn't find it besides just saying to immediately select another exercise for the same muscle group for the last set of 12 reps.  Maybe someone else will come along that can give us the answer.

I had a setback today unfortunately.  My seasonal allergies were really kicking up yesterday and I decided to take some benadryl last night since my daytime pill didn't seem to work... well, I was so tired and groggy this morning that I slept in and didn't make it to my workout.  BUT, I stuck to my eating plan and have planned everything out for tomorrow. I plan to wake up on time and get my cardio in before work tomorrow.

I hope the rest of you are doing well!  We're almost halfway through the first week.  Anyone else looking forward to your cheat day?  I haven't had many cravings today, but Monday and Tuesday I had all kinds of things going through my mind lol.  

• I've read all Bill Phillips books and watched his Youtube videos, and I remember something about the second exercise for the same muscle group targets the muscle from a slightly different angle, and works the muscle a little differently than the one before it. I just can't remember which of his books it was in or it actually might have been one of his Youtube videos I watched.

Hope that helps :-)

• That is correct the second high point targets the same muscle at a different angle. Example- chest I done dumbbell bench press for the 5 sets and then did the Pec Deck machine for a set of 12. Legs- Done Leg Press for the 5 sets then did a set of 12 on leg extensions. Hope this helps.

• Thanks everyone, that does help.   I'm wondering if it has to do with the muscle memory too.  I'll add those sets into the routing.

Have a great day everyone, and keep on keeping on!

• Hello Team!  Day 3 was another good one for me.   I am soooo glad this Team is here because I was about to mind-lessly  reach and get something to eat......but you stopped me!  

Cal1.....your bike'ing is blowing me away.  Great idea and plan.  Keep up the great job.  

Hope everyone has a successful Day 4!

• WorldClass-- I agree with you so much about being glad the team is here. Its great having people to be doing the same thing.

• Thanks WorldClass!  

The biking is getting a little bit (just a little) easier (I no longer feel like I'm going to die in the beginning of the ride).  Hopefully in a couple of weeks, it'll be a lot easier and I can add more difficult rides in (small hills really suck right now :)

I've also added in a 20 minute brisk walk during lunch.  My goal is go shape/tone up and get to under 200lbs, so I know I have a big challenge ahead of me, and I know it's not going to happen overnight, but I want need to do it. 

Life is too short to let weight be an obstacle.

• Hi Everyone!  Day 4 went very well for me!  I actually woke up on time and made it through my cardio workout (and did much better than Tuesday).  Stayed true to my meal plan for the day and am feeling good about tomorrow.

How's everyone else doing?  We haven't heard from ray72kcc, ridgerunnermd, TheHeavy, Tajikistan, or MGuacamole in a few days.  Hope you're all doing well so far!  If you're struggling, post and get some support and encouragement.  I think it is helping me to know that there are others on this board going through the same thing and it's great to see everyone post updates.

Hope you all have a good day #5. :)

• I did a more aggressive upper body workout then Monday and I'm feeling it.  I'm glad the weekend is near, after I get my cardio in tomorrow (I'm thinking a good hike will probably to the trick) the rest of the weekend is mine :)

Keep going everyone, we're almost onto WEEK2!!

• Hello Team!  Day 4 was about an 80% on plan day for me.  However I am not discouraged because that's better than it would have been without BFL.  I will make tomorrow a hundred percenter.

I plan on going to kickboxing tomorrow morining to start the day off right!  

I hope Day 5 (Friday) is a successful day for YOU!

See you at the finish line (i.e. Day 90).

• Hope everyone has had a great first week! So how successful was the week? Any lbs lost?

• I'm very happy with how my first week went!  Today was actually a bit harder than I thought it would be, and that's probably because I didn't have the structure of work to keep me on time with my meals and workout.  But I didn't cheat and did even better on my cardio than the first two times this week. I will officially weigh myself in the morning, but I do think I've lost at least 1 lb because I stepped on the scale just a few minutes ago and was just barely above my starting (last Sunday a.m.) weight, which means it'll be lower in the morning since I recently ate and have been drinking water.

I hope everyone else had a great first week too!  We have one week under our belts and we can do the rest! :)

• I'm also happy with my first week, I worked hard, and I stuck with my diet (modified from the BFL book) and I lost 8lbs this week!  Incredible, but I need to loose 10x that to reach my personal goal of loosing 80 lbs :)

Yesterday I went on a 6 mile hike in a redwood forest for my cardio, it was so nice to get out and play in the woods.  

I did enjoy a very nice egg white omelet for breakfast this morning....love the free day, but I'm still sticking with healthy foods, proper portions and such as I don't want to chance undoing the previous hard work :)

Here's the recipe for the breakfast omelet I had and it was delicious:

1/2 cup egg whites

2 Jennie-O Lean Turkey Sausage links sliced (90 cals for two)

1/2 cup mushrooms

1/4 sliced green bell pepper

1/4 cup reduced fat Colby & Monterrey Jack Cheese

1 tsp olive oil for cooking

Pepper flakes for some heat :)

Cals = 360 (120 are from the Olive oil, so not sure if they count as most probably burned off in the cooking?)

Fat = 24.63

Carbs = 4.78

Protein = 29.21

Sugars = 1.98

Good luck to everyone on week2, Lower body workout at 6:30AM for me!!

• Great job on your 8 lb weight loss Cal!  That is fantastic!  I lost 2.2 lbs and was happy with that. :)

I've indulged in some bad treats today, but am already feeling the side effects and can't wait to go back to eating clean tomorrow.  I'm doing my LBWO tomorrow at 6:00 am and am looking forward to it! :)

Let's make this a great week 2!  

I have an out of town wedding to go to Wed, Thur, and Fri so I may not be able to stick exactly to my plan unfortunately.  I will be driving to the wedding so I'll get my Wed morning workout in and most of the meals, but I'm not sure what the dinner situation will be (it is a rehearsal dinner so I have to eat what they serve). Thursday I will try to get my cardio in that morning if possible, but not sure what the food plan is as that is the wedding day and I'm part of the bridal party.  I am bringing protein shakes and other healthy snacks for the drive there and back (and the actual wedding day when I can get to them).  I'm hoping the hotel will have a decent continental breakfast selection and that the dinners will have protein, complex carbs, and veggies.  I won't be eating any sweets or wedding cake - maybe they'll let me take a slice home for Sunday lol.  I do think I'll partake in some champagne or wine if offered though.  It's a wedding and I'll dance off the calories anyway ;)  I don't remember what they say about alcohol in the book; is it supposed to be off-limits until your cheat day?  I plan to do my Friday workout in the evening as I won't be able to do it before I leave (no gym in the hotel).  I'm still confident that I'll be able to stick to the nutrition plan 80% at least.  Even if it doesn't work out as I plan, I won't let it get me down and I'll get right back on track when I get home. :)

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to have healthy BFL meals while on a roadtrip/vacation?  Do you think I'll be ok sticking to protein shakes, sandwiches, cottage cheese with fruit and/or veggies, and whatever healthy foods I can find at the hotel?

• Sounds like everyone is doing good so far. I lost 5lbs the first week and am so looking forward to the second week.

LBWO done already today.

Laura.... I think if you can pack some protein shakes and some fruit you will do great. I think the key will be the protein shakes.