Anyone starting September 24th?

• Friday already. Its alarming how fast these weeks have flown by. Now I am thinking I "only" have 3 weeks left in this challange! I had a good day yesterday. Went out with some friends but stayed on track. However, I am tired this morning! I had to force myself out of bed. I will take a nap today. UBWO this morning and I think I am going to do a HIIT session on the bike too. So I need to get to the gym early. Hope all is well with you ladies.

VAL

• Starting week 9!!! I am going to do a little extra cardio today. Feeling really sluggish this morning and think that would really help. I ran outside yesterday. I wore an orange vest like always. I got back and was reminded by my husband that it was opening day of deer hunting. Yikes! I usually don't run outside on opening hunting days. I had did a free evening yesterday so today has to be clean eats. I have been telling myself that "just for today I have to eat right and exercise" and it has been helping.

Sure do miss your posts Claire!! How is it going for you? Hope all is well.

AJ, I hope all is well with you to in Missouri!

Ladies lets wrap this challange up together!!

VAL

• Hi Girls,

sorry I havent been posting. Im struggling. Work is full on (freelancing is all on or all off)and, I don't know why, but I'm sliding backwards. With all that momentum, too. I just dont know why. i feel as if Ive been hijacked by my old self. I've done a few workouts but not all of them. I feel like I've lost my faith. Maybe this is an attempt at self-sabotage. I just dont know. I made a plan for making up workouts and getting back on track but so far, I haven't been following through. I'm not sleeping well, stressed out, and tired. I KNOW that I had been progressing. Maybe I just needed to give myself a break and I'll be OK and back on track even stronger. Anyway, Sorry to be such a downer. I am VERY PROUD of you both. You girls rock. I will try to pick up the pieces here.

hugs,

C

• Happy Monday, I had an okay weekend. Did an extra cardio yesterday because I was feeling so sluggish. It did the trick and I felt better afterwards. I have a huge week. I have to prepare Thanksgiving dinner for 39 people! I am feeling somewhat overwhelmed right now. It will be better after I start getting everything checked off my list. It will be a true test of my will power getting it all done and staying true to BFL! I am starting my week with a LBWO this morning.

Claire, Hang in there! I know how you are feeling. Make sure to check in here whether you are doing well or not. It will help you get back on track. We all go through times like that I think, any way I do! Just keep doing your workouts as best as you can and each day try clean eating as well as you can. I believe you momentum will come back and you will be so happy to not have gave up entirely. Only 3 weeks to go!!!! I am rooting for you!

VAL

• I am sitting here at the computer trying to convince myself to run. I want to run outside cause I really do prefer outdoors but its cold this morning! I know I will generate body heat though. I woke this morning to sore buttocks. My LBWO yesterday did the trick. I also ate clean yesterday. I am starting to notice some upper abs showing through!! I am so pumped. I have to start food prep already today for Thanksgiving. I make the turkey gravy and potatoes 2 days before turkey day. Then tomorrow is the buns and stuffing and table set up. It will get done, I am feeling better now that I am started on the actual work rather than just thinking of what needs to be done!!

Claire and AJ really, really, missing you!!! :(   I really enjoy doing BFL with you!

Well I AM going to run now. Cold or no I am going to do it.

VAL

• Had a really nice run yesterday morning in the dark. I was so glad I did it. I worked all day yesterday on my feet, by the time I went to bed my legs were aching! I have another day like yesterday today. I have company coming in the afternoon. They will be staying the weekend at my house. It seems this week I will be feeling good if I can keep my calories in the "don't gain weight range" rather than a caloric deficit. For example I am making homemade pizza tonight for my brother who is from WA.

Oh well I am not stressed about it. I will hit it hard on Sunday again!!

I am heading to the gym now for an UBWO. My butt is still sore from Mondays LBWO. I really concentrated on slowing down  on the lowering portion of my stepups, that must have made all the difference. Such a little change but makes such a big difference. I am noticing alot more definition in my arms! I love it.

VAL

• Happy Thanksgiving! I am up at my usual time and heading out for a run outdoors again! I am going to offset some of the calories I know I will consume today. Already looking forward to getting back to clean eating!

VAL

• Hi Val,

What can I say? You rock the house! I'm reAlly proud of you. Way to follow through! I hope your Thanksgiving was a good one. Wow, 39 people--that is HUGE! I don't know how you do it! I had a very quiet day. I stayed home this year because I couldn't find any place to put Baby. She is the dog I am trying to find a new home for. All the kennels were full and the girl I have that comes to my house was out of town. That, and I have a deadline on Monday to finish the first draft of an 80  page magazine and donor report.  I have been way off track and feel as if I've undone much of my hard work. Stressed to the max over this project. BUT, I am determined to set things straight and get back on the bandwagon tomorrow.  Taking stock, I am stronger than I was this summer. I have completed many more workouts in these past weeks than I have been able to do in the last 4 years. And I have the support of you two awesome girls. And, after Monday, Hopefully, the pressure will slack somewhat and my schedule will be a bit more normal. The gym will be closed the rest of the weekend, but I can workout in my basement and it is supposed to be nice tomorrow, so I plan on taking a good, long walk. I had planned on doing that today but I was chained to my desk all day! Tomorrow I will get back on track. Thanks for being here for me, and keep up the great work.

C

• Claire, So good to hear from you! Wow your project sounds massive! I can understand stress and all the nasty things it does to a body. Glad you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. All a person can do is keep trying. I will stay here with you after our challange is over as I intend to keep going. I am SO glad Thanksgiving is over. My house is trashed and I have to spend the day cleaning but no more planning and stressing. It was a loud day and I didn't even really enjoy the food. Why is it that food never tastes that great to the cook? I still have guests staying over the weekend. I plan to try eating clean as well as I can today though. I always have a hard time eating well around my sister. Don't know why but thats the way it is.

Gotta go knock out my LBWO. Have a wonderful day.

VAL

• Hi Girls!

Wow, we made it through Thanksgiving.  I've been so busy doing BFL and trying to keep up with everything I haven't been online.  I did good on my workouts (Boyfriend is keeping me focused - what a great guy!  Making me get out there an JUST DO IT!  LOL)  Did good on eating up until Thanksgiving night.  I just added up the calories I ate in one meal, OMG.  Bout fell off the chair.  But, back on track today.  It's hard to scale back once you've let loose.  Anyhow, I know it will be better in a day or two of clean eating.  You two sound like you've been incredibly busy.  Don't forget to take some time for yourself.  Claire - I know when I am busy I do so much better (more focus) after I take just 20-30 minutes to work out.  You sure deserve a break.  And forget the past.  Just start new from today.  if you messed up in the past just resolve today to treat yourself right.  Focusing on the past only makes you feel guilty which doesn't do anybody any good, especially you.  You can do this!  Keep moving forward.   Val - bravo for running in the cold and dark.  A little scary about the opening day of hunting season though.  Yikes.  Hang tough around your sister.  I know I have people that it's hard to be "good" around and eat clean.  They are usually very social people and there is always food around.  But I think you can do this.  You are committed.

Keep moving forward ladies!

AJ

• SUNDAY! My life gets back to normal tonight. I have ate poorly since Thursday. I am so ready to get back on the wagon and do this right. I will too, I promise. I am actually really proud of myself to be here posting after such a bad weekend. I have made this far and I am not giving up although this challange has been far from stellar. I can't say that would have been my response two months ago. I believe I would have quit. So progress!! Aside from my eating my exercise IS stellar. I ran yesterday 2 miles no walking! I am foam rolling and really think that helps my IT and other issues. Weights have been excellent as well. I have noticed more definition in my arms and quads! My rear is looking better as well. It is so worth keeping on.

AJ good to hear from you! I really look forward to hearing from you and Claire. I really am impressed with you. You have done well, meeting your goals and then keeping on. That is what I want to do as well.

Claire, tomorrow is Monday! I hope your project is on target and you are feeling better. Keep in touch and don't let this little blip in your life stop you from going on. Don't look back just move on like AJ said. I know you can do this!

VAL

• Monday happy monday! I am so ready to get back on track today. UBWO this morning then a day of shopping with a friend sans kids! Yes that sounds like an excellent day. Going to eat CLEAN, squeaky clean.

VAL

• Hi Girls,

Just a note to tell you how GREAT you two are doing!  Keep it rolling!  Thanksgiving was difficult, but we are back on track.  You two are so persistent, it's fabulous.  I am convinced it is persistence in life that matters.  You don't have to know how to do everything perfect, we are all learning along the way.  But to come back day after day, even after stumbling, is what matters.  Keep up the good work, only three weeks left.  Wow, this has gone really fast.  You two are helping me stay on track, THANKS!

AJ

• Yum sleep! I slept in this morning till 7. It felt so good. It was too cold this morning for me to run outside so will run after kids get home from school. I am really looking forward to it. When I went to bed last night my legs and feet were sore from spending the day shopping. Going to stay home today and get the house in order and then relax! I think tonight our friends are coming over and we are going to plan our winter getaway. That is a huge motivator to stay on track I am telling you!! Just looked at my before pics and I know I have made some progress but still got some more work to do. AJ you help me stay on track too! I love how this community works.

Claire, How are you doing girl? Your project done and are you back to BFL? Hope all is well with you!

VAL

• Hi Girls,

I am staying on track with the workouts, but am struggling a bit with the nutrition.  When it gets dark late I crave carbs.  Val, I know what you mean when you say you are looking forward to your run.  I am missing biking.  Had to do the treadmill tonight as I watched the sun set out the window.  I would rather be outside but me on a bike at night is not a good thing.  I can't see anything in the dark anymore.  But for now the treadmill is a life saver.  My boyfriend sent me a couple pics of me he took this past weekend when I wasn't looking.  Wow, I could really see changes.  I haven't taken any photos since I started.  Those photos should keep me motivated to keep it rolling.  If we can do that much in just 8 or 9 weeks, what will 12 weeks look like?  That is an exciting thought.  And what about in 24 weeks.......hummm.  I need to come up with some different meals.  Maybe I'm getting bored with my simple meals.  What do you guys eat?  

Hey Claire, we miss you.  How's it going?

AJ