Anyone starting September 24th?

• POWERTOCHANGE, thanks for the encouraging words!  So far feeling better, not perfection, but doing and feeling better.... ran on the treadmill today.  Another highly motivational "trick" I use is to listen to Anthony Robbins' tapes from time to time.  By the time I finish, I am mentally AND physically all revved up!  

Now tonight is Friday night and weekend nights are certainly a challenge for me.  Also a single mom, my kids are now older and I go out to eat, etc., have to rein it in.  Love to cook, so perhaps I can switch to one night out and one night in, cooking a FABULOUS and healthy meal, I don't always have time during the work week.

Good luck to all!  Pam

• FREE DAY!!! End of week one already. I am excited to start week two! Hope everyone had a successful week and is excited to power on! Have a happy day everyone. Val

• Hi Val and Pam,

Yeah!!! One week under the belt! Feels great. This week I will focus on better eating and no wine!! Enjoy your day off.

Really looking forward to week 2. Thanks for being here.

claire

• Good Morning Everyone!

It's going to be a beautiful day here in the Ozarks.  I am gearing up to go out and ride my bike and though I'd stop by and see how everyone was doing.  

Antlers - Did you do it?  Did you officially enter the challenge?  Filling out the paperwork does do something to your head, kinds makes it real.  You are one week closer to snowboarding!  Yay!

Willtown - I like the Anthony Robbins idea.  Maybe I need to change out my Bill Phillips tapes in my car for Anthony Robbins.  How is it progressing for you?

SLM - How are things in Nebraska?  I know it is easy to feel overwhelmed by the program, but the most important thing is just to start and keep going.  Be persistent  Every day you can learn something new and tweak your program a little.  That is progress.  Once you start seeing some progress it will motivate you to make other changes.  Baby steps. The weight bench and dumbells are awesome.  I did that for a long time and still do some.  As I needed heavier weights I went to the used equipment store and bought another set of used dumbells.  They weren't too expensive and I felt like it was an investment in me and my health.  (I'm not a gym rat, I work out in my garage so nobody hears me grunt, LOL.)  You will LOVE how weights change your body.  

Happymom6 - Wow, we could probably all learn some time management skills from you.  Any tips on fitting in your workout and eating clean?

Okay, about taking the photo.  I haven't done mine yet.  Think I have a dead battery in my camera and will work on that later today.  For all of those who have not done that, you might want to.  I KNOW I KNOW it hurts.  But it can be motivating as well.  You are taking time every day to purposely feed yourself nutritious food and move your body so you can look and feel amazing.  When you reach your goal you will want to look back at how far you have come.  I have a photo of myself from ten years ago in a bikini.  I was recently divorced, and about 40 lbs more than I weigh now.  I keep that photo in my BFL book because it is reminds me how unhappy I was with myself and how I never want to feel like that again.  I actually love that I have that photo now.  It motivates me.  It reminds me I have come a long way.  All of you can make this journey too and go as far as you want to take it.  It is within you.  Take steps today to be good to yourself.  

Okay, I'm off to ride.  Keep up the good work everybody.  Please keep us posted on your journey!  

Go Team!

AJ

• Oops forgot, here is the link to an article about nutrition and exercise.  It hit home with me, thought it might for you guys too.  I used t

www.livestrong.com/.../557773-the-forgotten-keys-to-fat-loss think I could "fudge" and eat anything I wanted because I worked out and then wondered why I wasn't getting results.  My new motto is "You can't out-train a poor diet".  

Have a great Body for Life Day everyone, you deserve it,

AJ

• Oh, forgot.  The article is not meant to make you think working out isn't important, it is, especially strength training to see those muscles change and grow and get your metabolism rocking.  It's more to get you thinking about how important your nutrition is.  And in my case how I don't reeeeaaaalllllly need that Snickers bar.  :0)

See ya,

AJ

• Aw AJ, Seriously, you all sound SO much busier than I am! I don't work outside my home right now and my kids are getting so big! I just get up early and exercise before anyone else is up and eat pretty much the same things everyday. I really don't vary my diet much. I have done BFL on and off since 2001. It is the program that always works for me. I ALWAYS come back to it when I need to lose weight and firm up again. Although I have to admit I have NEVER done a clean 12 weeks! I want that so bad! I am really hoping by reaching out to you all and staying connected to this community I will stay accountable and finish this time.

I just read that article and loved it. I am going to forward that link to a friend of mine who is injured and can"t exercise. She was bemoaning the fact how she can't lose weight right now cause she can't run.

Well I am off to the gym for a LBWO. I have to admit I am dreading it!

Val

• Got my LBWO in, enjoying a shake and wondering who is here for week 2?

Val

• Hi Val,

I'm still here.  Who else is here?  Come on, we can do it!

Val - Like you I've done BFL off and on about ten years but never had a totally clean nutrition plan.  For some reason I'm extremely motivated this time and think I can do a lot better.  Perhaps I'm focusing on perfection too much and not enough on progress.  Anyway, this is the time for me!  Why don't you do it with me!!!  We can try to eat really clean.  I spent last evening prepping my food for the week.  I pretty much eat the same thing every day too because I already know the nutritional facts on them.  I'm going to need to mix things up though or I'll get bored and binge.  I'm really excited about the MyFitnessPal.com website.  I've been tracking my food religiously for the past 10 days and it's helping a lot.  Broke my plateau that I've been at about 1 1/2 year.   Just started tracking my workouts too.  I would warn you though not to totally rely on their listings to be totally correct on everything.  I have a food book that lists just about everything under the sun and I have found the web sites numbers to be quite a bit off on some things.  It should be pretty accurate for anything with a bar code though.  I try not to eat anything out of a box and stay with very simple foods so I double check their nutritional facts.  Some of the problem is that users can enter their own items and some of them are likely off.  

Good luck on your lower body workout!  You will be so glad when you are done. Yay!   :0)  It's leg day for me too.  It's a rough day but we will survive and thrive!!

AJ

PS - Hey, who is still playing???

• Hello everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend.  Still feeling motivated, focussing on progress not perfection, and pushing forward.  Doing well with the eating although I learned that I definitely need to plan ahead better for the weekend.  My "free" day was Friday since I was giving a bridal/bachlorette party for my bff I knew I would be eating unhealthy food and having a couple drinks.  Saturday I had good intentions but messed up a little.  I have a lot of stomach issues and was surprised at how horrible I felt after following the BFO eating plan and then splurging on Fri and Sat! That in itself is enough for me to want to continue my clean eating. :)  I'm still not on the exercise plan as I should be, but have been much more active lately - yardwork, walking dogs, playing with kids. Weather has been so beautiful here lately!  Still focussing on my goals and determined to stick it out.  I know ideally the best time of day to workout is morning - and that is about my only fee time - but it's tough getting up extra early.  Do all of you workout first thing in the morning?  I suppose any time of day is better than not doing it at all, right? LOL.  I have not taken my before pics.  I just can't bring myself to do it yet.  I'm afraid it will be too depressing and then I may throw in the towel all together. Have a great Monday!

• Slm, As the article AJ posted the link to says, diet is HUGE. Your doing great by just changing to a clean diet.  My sister-in-law started BFL doing a 20 minute walk for her cardio and lifting weights at home. She had great results! I do get up at 5:30 to workout but I am a total morning person and love the early hours of the day!

AJ, I have never tracked my food before. Honestly for me it makes it seem so hard. I did get that app on my phone but never did anything with it.  I really think we can do this together! The best I ever did was when my sister-in-law lived near me and we did it together. I love having someone I can talk BFL with. How do you feel today? My hammies are SORE! Not cringe as you sit on the toilet sore but I know I hit them hard.

Claire, Hope your monday was great too.

Cardio today. Going to ride the stationary bike. I injured some muscles in my leg 2 weeks ago. I was stepping down from the semi cab and missed the last step so basically took one giant step down from the cab. It felt like I strained all the muscles on the outside of my left leg so not running AGAIN. (I love to run:()

I am off to the gym. VAL

• Hi all,

I'm still in but had a big setback yesterday and running way late today so I'll have to catch up with you later and explain. I'm so glad you're all here. Will write more later.

Claire

• Hey AJ I forgot earlier but a big Congratulations on breaking your plateau!!!!

Val

• Thanks for the reminder about the article, happymom6!  I just finished reading it and it's encouraging to know I am taking the right steps. Have a great day!

• Hi Everybody!  Hope you are all hanging in there!  

Antlers aka Claire, we haven't heard from you.  I'm hoping everything is okay with you and we send you good wishes.

SLM - How are you hanging in there?  You asked when people worked out.  I wish I were a morning person, but I am not.  Tried for years to drag myself out of bed and work out but it didn't work for me and I just ended up depressed and upset with myself.  I have started working out practically the minute I get home from work.  I know I have about an hour if I hit it hard and then I need to get to making dinner for the kids.  Don't beat yourself up if you find early mornings are not for you.  You can find a time of day that works for you.  Maybe a lunch hour?  Or right after work for you too?

Willtown - how is the journey going for you?  Motivation still strong?  

Happymom6 aka Val - How are your hamstrings?  I can relate.   It is a good feeling to have that muscle soreness, in a sick sort of way.  LOL.  At least you can tell it's  progress!  Yay!  Are you able to run yet?  I wish I liked to run like you, but I could just never get into it.  I have, however, started biking this summer and absolutely love it.  So biking is my cardio.  It's going to be a tough week - two lower body workouts and three days biking.  It's going to be getting darker earlier as the days go by.  Not sure how I'm going to handle that.  Might have to hit the treadmill after all.  Or maybe a step aerobics video.  

What is everybody doing for cardio?  What if my legs are killing me and they need a day off but it's cardio day?  Rowing machine?  I don't have a gym membership.  Suppose I could go to the work gym but it's very inconvenient - at another building across town, etc.  Any ideas?

Keep up the good work everyone!  You CAN do it!

AJ