Starting September 10

• Hope you all had a great first week!

I don't know about anyone else, but even after 4 days of clean eating, I felt awesome!  I have tendencies towards depression and this challenge has really helped with that in the past, so it is a huge motivator for me, as well as looking good of course :  ) - to feel good all the time, or 90% of the time as opposed to only 40-50% is something with which the BFL has proven to help.

Here's to the next, week #2!!!  Hit those 10s and save those treats for free day!!!  I hope to be able to check in daily for support.....it is important to keep me going....

• These are the dates, Jessica.  They are ok for the last challenge they way I read it!

Feb. 13th - May 7th, 2012

2012 Challenge Round 1

Apr. 9th - Jul. 2nd, 2012

2012 Challenge Round 2

Jun. 9th - Sep. 3rd, 2012

2012 Challenge Round 3  

Aug. 27th - Nov. 19th, 2012

2012 Challenge Round 4

• I was wondering if anyone used any supplements for muscle recovery?

• HI all, I am so happy with plan so far. I hope you all are too. This is my second challenge- I did one last year and felt great! I then, sadly, ate emotionally (like a cow) and put it back on. Go figure! If I eat well, I feel better and because I packed the weight on quickly, it comes off quickly too.

I plan on sticking this thing out with you all. One key that helped me meet my goals was to envision myself for what I know I am (it doesn't look or feel like the way I was before I decided to make a positive change).

This is sounding very negative, but know that I am so happy for everyone on this board who believes in themselves. If you have Netflix or have access to movies, I recommend watching the documentary "Happy". Fantastic.

• Brenda - Those dates reflect the last day you can enter the BFL Challenge for Round 4 as being August 27th and by what date you must finish the BFL Challenge, being November 19th.  If you started after August 27th, your entry will be for Round 1 of the 2013 Challenge.  That's not a bad thing.  What a great start to 2013, to already be fit or on your way.  

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Shellnikk! That is terrific.  It is all about improving ourselves from the inside out.  I see exciting times in your future.

• Hi, I started on the 10th also....first week was good...and so far today is going strong...can I join your group?

-Maria

• I had also thought I would be able to get everything in for December for the last round of this year-but I guess not.  So if our entry goes in for the first cycle of next year then do we still have do another 12 weeks for that cycle?  

Maria I'm glad your in the group-the more support the better!

• Thanks healthy03...Almost done with another day...one more meal to go...I fight the urge to step on the scale everyday...it  is a bad habit I'm trying to break.  Anyone having any problems?  How about meal ideas???

• healthy03

You certainly can do more rounds, but no, you are not required to do another 12 weeks in the prescribed 1st round of next year to have this entry count.  There is never a time where there isn't a BFL Challenge.  You must do 84 consecutive days and one Challenge cannot overlap another in days.  Can't finish one on November 10th, but have started one on November 5th, for instance.  Your entry will always just be put in the next round if you missed the cut off date from the last.  

I think you're saying that if you do this round and don't do one at all next year, does it still count? The answer is yes.  It would still count and for round 1 of next year.  You can then technically have 2 entries in round 1 of next year, but that's another topic.  :)

I hope this helped.  

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Health03 - the only supplements I use are protein bars (as long as they have at least 15g protein with less than 270 calories) and whey protein for shakes.  The bars are for when I have nothing else and am stuck somewhere without a healthy option and the whey protein I use for shakes, for a quick meal.  Sometimes I workout and am pretty hungry afterwards, but it isn't meal time with the family or I have to make dinner first, and so I will make a shake to tide me over.  I find if I don't have protein soon after my weight workouts or wait too long, my muslces dont' recover as quickly.  I am not an expert by any means, but pretty sure this is important.

Maria, welcome to the group.  I check in the forums as often as I can - it keeps me on track knowing that there are others just like me, struggling just like me, wanting to eat unclean foods etc. etc. and it motivates me to do my best when I can't find motivation myself.

I had Upper body today - hit 10s on every muscle except maybe my biceps.  Feel great and looking forward to cardio tomorrow.  I carry all my excess weight on the booty and I can feel it getting a little "bigger" but this happened to me last challenge, as my body adjusted to the carbs/water, and then it got firmer and firmer - so can't wait to get there again!  I did lower body 2 days ago and have been walking funny ever since - a sign of a good workout : )

I hope we all stick together for the full 12 weeks, and beyond!  

• Thanks Jessica and Shellnikk for the usefull info.   I am unfortunately sick today with a cold :(. I didn't exercise today and prob won't tomorrow.  I'm hoping this doesn't affect my entry since I'm still in the game by sticking to the diet at least-right?

Hope everyone else is doing good and powering through the days!!   Yours truly,  sick03 (healthy03 will hopefully return soon!!!!!)

• Don't beat yourself up.  you will likely only be sick this once during the whole 12 weeks, provided you get your rest!  I was sick the second week of both challenges, possibly b/c I overdid it, but this time also b/c it was back to school (germs!!!), and I missed a workout or two both times, but that was it for the whole 12 weeks.  And if you are still eating clean, even better!  It will also be motivation to get going again once you recover!  

Feel better : )

• I'm getting much better and hopefully tomorrow can get back into the swing of things.  I know life happens and we are bound to get hit by obstacles but we must stay strong minded!!! Hows everyone's second week going?

• It's been a while since I have checked in - I feel like I have not been sticking to the program as strictly as I should.  The past couple of workouts have been 8s (I was trying new cardio) and then with weights, I pulled my groin 2 LBWOs ago, so I was taking it easy.  It even hurt to do abs.  The old me would just give up at this point, but me new favorite word is "progress."

I was looking into figure competitions and what is involved, and if one doesn't have a lot of muscle, it takes YEARS to produce that muscle, and so I am looking at this BFL as a long term progress - I will eventually build the muscle I want to take on the shape I want, I love being strong and I love the way clean eating makes me feel.  I had wine over the weekend and I felt rotten the next day, not from a hangover (only had 1 1/2 glass) but just depressed or not as "clean" headed when I am eating clean.  Never thought I could give up alcohol, but knowing its effect on me I feel like I could.

I did some food prep over the weekend; vegetable lentil soup, whole wheat pasta, brown rice, roasted Sweet potato with a little bit of sesame oil and black sesame seeds -YUM, Greek Pork tenderloin (seasoned with Greek herbs and garlic), and today I am going to make Pasta sauce with turkey meat, and the kids almost prefer it to beef (also since I don't want to die from poisonous beef - lol)

I feel great, my clothes fit better, and I feel like my injury is close to gone, and so am ready to do this 100%

I hope you all have a great week full of workouts and clean eating!  I hope this forum is still going and that we can all motivate each other when needed!!!