Just started this challenge & feel I've already failed!

• hmm... the big one - FOOD.  I love all kinds and give in to too many.  I actually eat pretty well during work hours ... it's my days off or after work things go haywire.  I know I can't use time as an excuse ... the time I'm on the computer or watching TV I could be working out I know.  And when I actually DO get back to the gym, I stick with it pretty well.   I guess the big one is just my own personal feelings and discouragement.  I know I can't give up so easily as I have been and need to just keep trying!  Thank you so much!

• TO ALL:  I've tried posting my replies to each of you, but for some reason it doesn't seem to take or erases it.  Mahalo to all of you for such kind words and encouragement ... I didn't expect all this but so nice to hear I'm not alone and many  have gone thru the same struggles and feelings and have persevered :-)  Last week and this week has been pretty much bust ... but I will keep trying - as you've said, one day at a time!  Much aLoHa from Hawaii :-)

• I think that to make this challenge work, you have to be in the right place and believe in yourself. No one can do that for you and if you believe it you can achieve it!  

It is about letting go of the past and thinking of the future that you want and how to get closer to that goal with your actions today.

Have a great day!  :-)

• if you can stick to the plan, the book says it takes a few weeks to "retrain" your brain and body to the new habit of working out and eating right.  Once that happened for me, it was a lot easier!  I have been at it 10 1/2 weeks now, and the changes in my mind, body and soul are well worth the hard times at the beginning! Please stick this out, and keep trying.  one day at a time, and when you mess up, aknowledge it, then move forward. That is KEY.  If we all quit when we messed up, no one would finish!

• If you are TRULY struggling, use this time to change/improve one thing in you life at a time.  Perfect your breakfast - make it a healthy, tasty meal.  Once you are comfortable with that, work on finding a great midmorning snack, then learn how to make a fantastic, healthy lunch that works into your lifestyle, etc.  Keep doing this until you are eating 6 healthy meals a day.  Once you are comfortable with that, then start the challenge adding the exercise routine.  Having said that I still believe that this challenge is the best thing to happen to me in a long time - for 4 weeks I make myself focus on my meals (I utilize www.myfitnesspal.com to track my food and exercise diary).  And no matter how much I want to lie in bed in the morning, I make myself get up and get moving - and you know what?  I feel so much BETTER for it when I am done.  I REALLY believe you can do this, but as I said if the process seems too much for you, break it down into steps you can handle.

• Tarsains,  I have to agree with Shellbells.  Read the BFL book.  Nothing motivates like reading about those who were in the same position as us and have succeeded.  Also, TAKE THE PICTURE.  If you haven't taken your before picture, do so.  It will greatly motivate you.  Think through your program before you begin it.  Think of every possible way you can motivate yourself.  I used a camera to take pictures of champions on the inside cover of the book.  Downloaded it to my computer, printed them out and posted them all over the private areas of my home.  I journaled, read other books, used affirmations, numbered my calendar, found accountability partners, participated on the BFL forum, etc.  I didn't leave anything to chance.  I planned my motivation just as hard as I planned my exercises and meals.  I spent 30 days planning my program to make certain I had everything in place for a strong start.  I planned my first two week meals and went shopping to make sure I had everything.  I purchased a small cooler to make sure I had the right foods available during the day.  I put my exercise on my calendar.  If I worked out after work, I drank a cup of coffee an hour before I got off of work.  Plan it all out and while you are planning you'll start to get excited.  Read about the champions on the website, and you'll start to believe that you can do it.  I did all this and more to start my first program on Oct. 31, 2011.  Today I weighted myself and I've lost a total of 60 pounds.  I'm on my fourth program and I've made the life change.  I've been doing it so long, its the way I live my life now.  Not bad for guy that would eat an entire large pizza at one sitting.  Stay in touch and let us all know how it goes.

• It's true that a day at a time is the way to focus on the program but you must also plan to set youself up for success. Some things that will help you avoid failure. Take pictures and measurements. Post the pix where they are visable to you. Get rid of the junk food in your house. Plan your meals for a week and prep them on the weekend. use meal replacement shakes in a pinch.  If you don't feel like working out make a bargain with yourself to go and start the workout and see how you do.  When I want to miss if I go and start I always finish.  If you eat poorly for a meal or miss a workout forget about it and continue on the program the next day.

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO BE FIT AND HEALTHY YOU NEED TO PLAN AND COMMIT! WE CAN SUPPORT YOU BUT YOU MUST EXECUTE THE PLAN

• Im the first to admit that I dont have all of the answers but may I please make a suggestion to you?  I am starting my 5th week and I travel internationally for a living and twice a week I am up almost 24 hours at a time.  I make no excuses and when I feel like I might, I pick up my book.  I have a made a promise to myself that this challenge is not an option.  It is a beginning and a way of life.  What keeps me going and truly inspired is the man who invented this program and challange.  I have read the "Body for Life"  book that Bill Phillips wrote back in 1999 from cover to cover twice already in the last 4 weeks.  I always feel like he is talking directly to me!  Focus on part VI Staying on Course.  I believe that you will find just what you need to get over that hump by reading and living his words.....Good Luck:)

• My apologies!!!  I didnt read the prior post and I see that someone already suggested that to you.  I know you can do this and I hope you read the book and find the encouragement you need!

• My apologies!!!  I didnt read the prior post and I see that someone already suggested that to you.  I know you can do this and I hope you read the book and find the encouragement you need!

• Get rid of all the problem food in the house. If you have a spouse and/or kids and can't do that, make it hard to get to the unhealthy food (even if it's only a psychological delay like a small piece of tape closing the door that you have to pull back). Prepare the healthy meals ahead of time. Get out of the habit of looking in the fridge when you're bored.

• For some reason I can't seem to post my answers to everyone. OR if I have, i am not seeing it on these comment pages ... my apologies.  All of you have wonderful suggestions .... I want to thank everyone for the encouragement and kind words!  I know the bottom line it is up to ME ... and how much I want it and am willing to work for it.  My weight and food enticements have been a lifelong struggle and I wish I had done something about it when I was younger ... but I know now instead of thinking "it's too little too late", a bit part of changing is my attitude and adopting the motto "it's NEVER too late"!  Much aLoHa to all and yes, it's a day-by-day thing ... :-)

• It's never to late. I'm 61 and making nice progress on the program. As we get older it take longer to recover from exercise but the process still works. We all wonder how we let ourself's get in such bad shape.  No excuses just do it!

• I am 47 and my husband is 60.  We are both happy with our 6 weeks results.  It is more the feeling of not feeling sluggish than anything else.  It is never too late, it may take a little longer, but we (and you) are worth it.  (pssst - it has enhanced other areas of our relationship ;) )