Starting Monday August 20th

• Hi Faith1010! Wow 190... Whats your height? I have six children and my baby is 5. I have gained 50lbs after having him. Im about 240-250 now when i go in Friday I will know exactly how much and fat percetage. I"m with Ufit and it only $10 per month.  Zumba is soo much fun! I havent been for the last 2 wks because of the challenge. Ive been reading the book and he advised to only do 20 min. of cardio.  So if it its not against the rules I will keep attending. I think i'll make my own book also. It cost $30 at barnes and noble.  

• @ mrsdetermined I am 5'5.  I usually weigh around 140-150 so 190 is ALOT for me and none of my clothes fit.  My sister passed away 2 years ago and it has been really difficult on my family especially because she had five boys.  I started to binge eat and thats how I gained all of this weight.  I am 32 and I should not be this overweight.  I dont want to be skinny because I love having curves I just want to reach a healthy weight.

I have a gym membership also but I am not sur if I am ready to go to the gym because I am overweight and very out of shape.  I have insanity and P90x so I can use those videos at home until I feel comfortable.

• No NO 190 is alot!! I'm sorry to here about you sister. Thats when I started gaining weight when my parents died. I would work, eat and sleep. Since then I have lost 2 brothers and 2 sisters. I sometimes feel like I died. I have lost soo much time being fat!! I'm 100 lb overweight. My goal is also 140-150. It will probbly take 2 challenges.

You are young (under 40)lol! You gotta do this NOW!

• Your sister would say "YOU CAN DO THIS"!!!  By Christmas you could put on that LITTLE RED DRESS!!

MustangLaura and Newbie we gotta stick together!  We all have had different challanges(LIFE) and we also have one Goal. Let's hold one another accountable. The Big Day is Monday.

• i wanna start i really thinking about it, ive done it before.

• @ mrsdetermined - I am sorry for your the loss of your parents and siblings.   Things must have been rough.  I can't even imagine.  Thank you for the push, my sister would have said that, she has always been proud of me for my accomplishments and now I let everything fall apart.  But starting Monday it will be time for a change.

An easy breakfast is quiche muffins - egg whites, veggie, protein and cheese scrambled and baked in a muffin tin.  I usually do this in the morning when I am getting ready for work.  I pop it in the oven while I am in the shower and they are ready by the time I am dressed.

• I plan on starting on Monday am getting my stuff all planned out and fixing to go shopping for my food for next week. I have done the 12 weeks before but almost ten years ago I had such great success and know it works. Although I am not doing the actual challenge just my own personal one. I have 100 + lbs to lose. I could use ppl starting at the same time to help keep me motivated cause I don't have a whole lot of home support.  Plus as of right now I am a stay at home mom not a lot of activities going on for me. I already started walking last week but I am ready to get this thing rolling. I miss having energy! :-) Good Luck everybody!!!

• No pain:  DO IT! lol  what better time then now. It's what I said to myself just last week.

• Hi there,

I am trying to establish a support group on Facebook called Body for Lifers!

I have just started the Body For Life program (8/15/12) and know I need an easily accessible support group. I would really like to have a forum where questions can be answered, encouragement given, progress celebrated and ideas generated. I know that over the next 12 weeks it will be easy to get stuck in a rut either with eating or training and having a group of fellow Body for Lifers will be invaluable!

Would you be willing to join?

Thanks,

Laura

• Wow...that sounds good! I will try that.  I'm going out this weekend and buy my shakes and food.

And thanks. My parents would be so upset if they saw me like this.  

Let's get our power back!! MONDAY!  A NEW START!

• Great idea!  I would definitely join the body for lifers support group on facebook.  I am ready for change but i also know that it wont be easy

;

• If you have a smart phone, check out this web site for some apps that help track food and exercise.  There is only one for

Android - I downloaded it (JEFIT) to my Kindle Fire (no smart phone) and it looks easy to use and the basic version is free.

• mashable.com/.../best-fitness-apps

• Hi, My name is Lisa and I'm a first timer.  I've decided to join today and start today because I don't want to put off starting my new life in my new body any longer.  I work 12 hour night shift so I'm expected the beginning to be a little rough.  I'm not sure when to eat and when to exercise.  Getting enough sleep is always a major problem for me.  I've own the Body for Life book and the journal for at least 2 years (I'm just now dusting them off.  lol).  I can use all of the support and motivation that the group can provide.  

I'm very sorry to hear of all of the deaths in your families.  I lost my mother and father at a very young age.  I only have 1 sister left.  My weight loss is unrelated.  

Thanks,

Lisa

• Hey guys, I am starting fresh today also!  If you have room, I would like to jump on y'all's band wagon!  LOL  I have completed 2 other challenges.  I lost some inches, but learned so much about nutrition and exercise along the way.  I started a challenge that I was scheduled to complete yesterday, but I allowed "life" to interrupt my workouts and I lost nothing.  I even lost a couple of pounds of muscle.  It's time to do this!  I need encouragement and accountability and love to chit chat and encourage others!  

Eat clean and rock hard!

Shannon