Newbie: pulled pec muscle, greek yogurt...

• I know, random stuff, right?! I did the 12 week challenge in 2001 and I'm back and excited about it. A couple of questions:

-I've had a pulled pectoral muscle for weeks. I have no idea how I hurt it. I've been icing it and trying not to use it much. Do I skip chest stuff all together??

-Greek yogurt wasn't very popular last time I did the challenge. I love it now! So, since the protein is higher, would plain/lowfat Greek yogurt be a protein?

Thanks!!

• HI Ash!

I am not a doctor, but I would say definitely lay off of chest exs. for a while if you have a pulled muscle. Rest and ice. You don't want to further injure yourself. You may want to talk to a dr. or a PT about it to get their recommendations, and when you can start training chest again.

As far as greek yogurt, yes, it can be counted as a protein. Plain, fat free greek yogurt is the best. The flavored types have too much sugar. I eat greek yogurt almost every day....it is a staple. Since the protein content is a bit higher than the carb content (I love Chobani Plain Non-Fat greek yogurt, which has 18g protein and 7g carbs), you can add some fresh fruit such as berries for extra carbs and a tbsp of almonds or walnuts for good fats and a little bit of added protein. This would make it a complete BFL approved meal/snack! Sometimes I also sweeten mine with a dash of stevia and also add cinammon and vanilla or almond extract.

Good luck with your challenge!

• Hi there,

I have created a support group on Facebook called Body for Lifers!

I have just started the Body For Life program (8/15/12) and know I need an easily accessible support group. I would really like to have a forum where questions can be answered, encouragement given, progress celebrated and ideas generated. I know that over the next 12 weeks it will be easy to get stuck in a rut either with eating or training and having a group of fellow Body for Lifers will be invaluable!

Come join us!

Laura