Feeling lightheaded...

• So I"m just checking in if anyone else felt lightheaded their first week? I am really having periods each day where I feel light headed - and I can't understand it because I'm eating 5-6 meals everyday - lean protein and whole grain carbs...my portions seem correct...so I don't understand. It is not at the same time either...sometimes it's between meals...sometimes it's after a workout...sometimes it right after I eat...I just don't get it. It is like if I get up to fast, etc. I get the feeling. I never had the problem before. I am grumpy too - which I hate. I WAS a huge white carb addict before this - so I don't know if this is withdrawl and will get better or I'm not getting enough calories/carbs for my body or what??

Any thoughts? I"m on my 6th day... 

A typical day:

Protein Pancakes

RTD EAS Lite Shake

Chicken Breast with Brown Rice

Cottage Cheese/Yogurt Mix

Kabobs with salad/veggies or whole grain

• My guess is that you are still not eating enough.  However, I don't feel like anyone on this site is qualtified to answer that.  I would double check with your doctor.  Don't work through that because you can hurt yourself.  I always get lightheaded when I undereat or don't drink enough water.  If you want to get a good look at your macros, you can go to myfitnesspal.com, and enter your foods there.  I would be happy to help you, if you set up an account.  My username is schmertnat.  Just let me know you are from BFL site. Good luck and God Bless!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Hi Lynne

I agree with BDMom....check with your doctor if this continues. But, it definitely could be that you are not eating enough. You only listed 5 meals on your post....are you getting in your 6th meal? I always have to have the recommended 6 meals or else I feel weak. Also, you could add veggies to a few more of your meals to fill you up a little more....veggies have very little calories, have lots of fiber, and are overall SO healthy for you. One other recommendation I might make is to try making your own shakes with whey protein powder. You can blend in some veggies (you don't taste them since they are blended) and/or fruit, and even add in some unsweetened almond milk to make it smoother. For some reason the EAS shakes do not satisfy me (I'm not sure if you are doing an official challenge and have to use EAS products) and they do have added sugar which can cause spikes in blood sugar.

Also, as BDMom said, you are welcome to join some of us on My Fitness Pal and look at our food diaries. I have been doing BFL for over a year now and still follow the nutrition plan, eating totally clean and pairing carbs with protein for each of my 6 meals. I know BDMom is the same way. My username is amyjslp if you would like to friend me on MFP.

Good luck!!!!

• I'd try adding some slow digesting carbs to your meals. Legumes like beans and lentils are great for long lasting energy.

• Lynnedays - We would like to chat with you about this. Give our Fitness Experts a call at 1-800-297-9776 M-F from 8:30am - 5pm, EST. Please reference case# 00847670 when you call.

~Tiffany, The BFL Team

• I just wanted to thank everyone for the advice/suggestions - and for the BFL team's offer for support.

The last two days the lightheaded periods seem to have disappeared.. so I am honestly still not sure WHY it was happening - but that it seems to have resolved itself. I'm wondering if my body was in shock or something - I just don't know. ..but I seem to be doing ok now.  

• Hi there,

I have created a support group on Facebook called “Body for Lifers!”  The link is…

www.facebook.com/.../353357984743968

I just started the Body For Life program (8/15/12) and know I would enjoy having an easily accessible support group. I would like to have a forum where questions can be answered, encouragement given, progress celebrated and ideas generated.

Come join us!

Laura

• Hi Lynnedays,

One other factor that can make you light headed is blood pressure.  You mentioned that when you stand up too fast, you get light headed.  That's very common with blood pressure problems.  You might get it checked out by your doctor.  Or you may have access to a blood pressure cuff, e.g., at Walgreen's or Osco or some other pharmacy store.  It is worth looking into even if the light headedness has stopped.

Have a wonderful BFL kinda day everyone!

Mary