Prepping to Start

• My husband and I are prepping our kitchen, and purchasing items to begin on 8/8/12.  We just about have everything out of our kitchen that isn't on the list.  Any other advice before we begin?

• Hey Husband and I :-),

I would get a log/notebook for your training.  I would keep a food journal in the same notebook as well.  I use my journal (its a big one) to log my workouts, cardio, and diet every single day, I find that if I'm on it every day in the written form, its easier for me to keep accountability.  

I would also make sure you share with everybody you know what you are trying to do.  Those people that show support, keep them close to you.  Those who are jealous, have an ugly comment, etc, get rid of them, they don't want to see you succeed and will not be people you will be able to rely on when you are having tough days.

Lastly, post here OFTEN!!!  Let us be part of your support network, we desperately want you both to succeed!!

Semper Fi,

Brez

• Greetings,  A few tips to help,  a blender might help for various types of protein and vitamin mixes,  measuring cups and spoons for various supplement amount your might need in liquids,  a egg white separator type thing for holding the yolks while allowing the egg white to fall through(handy for egg white omelettes I have found), that little thing that makes it so you can drain the tuna can of it's spring water (and give it to the cat, the cat's love this stuff and will thank you for it) and Don't forget to post the BEFORE picture on your fridge door for inspiration of what NOT to eat in there and how much. (palm and fist rule on that one).  Keep Moving Forward!

• I'm just finishing my fourth week so I don't have the experience some of these other guys have, but planning is key.  When I make a meal for the evening I will make extra so I have lunch for work for a few days.  I've also been avoiding protein shakes and such, but instead take 3 meals to work (planning is huge).  I spend 25% of my time on construction sites, and have found a cooler has been a great investment.

Also I think the 2nd and 3rd week have been the hardest for me, seemed like I had very little in the way of results but I kept focused and remembered why I started.  Wife made cookies in week 2 and left them on the counter for the kids to work on.  Seeing those cookies made it hard to resist, finally I just put them in the cupboard and out of site.  Removing temptation, even if only out of site, made a huge difference.

I'm just finishing week 4 and now that I'm seeing change (and people have commented too) I feel good and it sure helps to keep pushing forward.  Those times I felt like I didn't want to keep going I checked out these forums and the before and after pictures on here and it has helped keep me on the path.

Hope this helps and I wish you the best on your journey.

• Great comments.  We appreciate it very much. Thank you

• IF YOU BELIEVE YOU CAN, YOU ARE HALFWAY THERE!!!!

Go get it!  You got the tools, just use them now!

Good luck to you both!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Thank you BDMom! I am beyond ready!

• Hi there,

I have created a support group on Facebook called Body for Lifers!

I have just started the Body For Life program (8/15/12) and know I need an easily accessible support group. I would really like to have a forum where questions can be answered, encouragement given, progress celebrated and ideas generated. I know that over the next 12 weeks it will be easy to get stuck in a rut either with eating or training and having a group of fellow Body for Lifers will be invaluable!

Come join us!

Laura