Anyone starting around August 6th and want to support each other?

• Hi there,

I have created a support group on Facebook called Body for Lifers!

I have just started the Body For Life program (8/15/12) and know I need an easily accessible support group. I would really like to have a forum where questions can be answered, encouragement given, progress celebrated and ideas generated. I know that over the next 12 weeks it will be easy to get stuck in a rut either with eating or training and having a group of fellow Body for Lifers will be invaluable!

Come join us!

Laura

• AA,  LOL on the lifting your toothbrush.  I also struggle to get up in the morning.  When I first started BFL I was working out in my house and it seemed to be a little easier to get going on a workout.  Now I go to a gym, and even though it is only 1 mile away, I struggle to get there in the morning.  The evening seems to work better for me.  However, when I am able to workout in the morning, I love the way it wakes my body up.

• Hiya everyone, I hope yall are doing great and feeling stronger. Today my husband and I took our road bikes our and rode 20.5 miles in 1:33 hours. It felt great and I'm loving it... BLF is a blessing to me.. Dream and achieve my Friends, don't let anything hold you back...

• OMG - seriously.  I track every day.  So, I decided to track my free day.  I purposely ate like I always ate before BFL.  Looking at the list it doesn't really look like that much food but the calories... no wonder, that is all I can say. Calories: 2,912 Carbohydrates: 425 Fat: 81 Protein: 75  What was I thinking? I am so thankful for BFL.

• OH my diet to day 1 cup coffee, 1 banana, 1 medium McD's Mocha Frappe, Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken with fried rice, 1 cup Starburst Jelly Beans, 2 slices of large pizza hut supreme pizza, 1 glass red wine... 2912 calories but the 425 gm of Carbs really got me.  I definitely did not do my 40-40-20 today!  This was my nutritional eye opener.  Anyone else?

• I am still around just have been very busy the last week. I have been great on the program so far. For two weeks I have lost 8 pounds of scale weight. I haven't missed a workout. Saturday (my free day) was the first time I varied from the food plan  (I ate clean the first week free day). I'll be honest I was mad I gained a little weight and got a little discouraged. I will be changing to a free meal and not get crazy. Have worked out already today and feel so much better. I have been flying thru things I need to get done around the house. Not much of a couch potato. Anyway, in week three now all keep up the great work, at weeks end a quarter of the way to achieving our first major goal.  KEEP IT UP!!!!!

• Scott, your weight gain after free day is due to water retention from eating crappy carbs. put that scale away and don't worry about it.  Don't be supprised if you lose more fat this week because of the free day. You need at least two high glycemic carb meals on free day to help reset fat burning hormones. BTW free day should not be a workout day for best results.  Hit the gym hard the next day.

• Well Done, Scott!  I really did a hard cardio day to make up for my free day.  Like Scott, I think I will stick to a free meal or special treat on my free day going forward.  The reality really hit home for me yesterday.  The truth is I went to bad with a stomach ache (stomach problems were common before BFL) for the first time since I started.  I am ready to move forward with my life.  I feel good!

• I hope everyone's week is going well. Keep up the hard work everyone, closing in on another week behind us.

• OK, I'm messing up.  Haven't worked out since last Tuesday, and lost my motivation to work out today.  I'll start again tomorrow.  Ate clean most of the time, except for yesterday where I indulged a little.  Probably will struggle to eat clean today.  Have guests coming over.  Had a bad BFL week.  No problem.  I'm going to put some thought into plannning this weeks eatting and activities and get right back on track.

• vincent, this is a far longer journey than 12 weeks. We will all miss workouts and eat off plan eventually. Don't beat yourself up just get back on plan.  Whenever I'm tempted to miss a workout (like this lazy Sunday lol) I make myself go by saying just go an start.  If it's really too much you can skip it.  Well once I start, it's not so bad and I finish the work out.

• The important thing is you fight to stay motivated from here on out.  I know that if I miss a workout or eat poorly, I will start to falter.  Don't let this happen to you.  You started this journey for a reason, Vincent.  Remember why and refocus on that.  Planning the next week is definitely a step in the right direction.  We can do this!

• Brenda - thanks for making me laugh by giving the list of what you ate....my free day today was

1 and half croissants and jam for breakfast, made a low fat cheesecake which I just had to 'taste' to make sure it was ok. made a huge lasagne (which ended up being 3 lasagnes) and ate one with the family, plus the cheesecake, went to the pub and had half a pint of cider and then half a pint of beer (i don't drink beer) came home 30 mins ago (midnight in the UK) and ate some more lasagne. Like Diverdog said, I'm gona hit that gym hard tomorrow and like others have said I think I'm gona change what i'm doing to a free meal - only because I want more results faster....

Vincent - hang in there - I also missed 2 days last week - i was just not up to it really. So, I'm now on day 17. I've found that counting the days is quite good cos then if you do miss a day then it's not a jump from day 15 to 17, you just move that day along by one and so I should be on day 19 but I'm starting on 17 tomorrow.  Aaaaah well c'est la vie!!!!

Hope all the rest of you are doing well....btw.....are we all on the facebook site now or not?

talk later, must sleep as i have this exercise thing to do in the morning....lolol

• Welcome to week four everyone. I have lost 11 pounds of scale weight. Today I put on some khaki shorts for the first time in 2 weeks and noticed they fit me differently. My last two cardio workouts have been by far been my best. I am looking forward to upper body tomorrow morning. I have been cooking twice a week for meals for the week and that has helped a lot. I am much better on the program monday-friday because of the weekly structure of my workdays. I found yesterday hard after off day on saturday. After this week we are 1/3 of the way thru our first 12 weeks. Keep forming new habits everyone. Keep up the hard work it is paying off!!!!!

• That is FANTASTIC Scott.  The scale isn't showing me much but I did wear a pair of pants that were too tight before the challenge.  I know I feel great.  The way I eat now has evened out my blood sugar, eating 6 times leaves me feeling good all day.  The only time I struggle is when I didn't eat the right amounts during a meal.  I am ready for more change.