Anyone starting around August 6th and want to support each other?

• Lower body seemed to go a little easier today, I will see tomorrow how sore my muscles are, but it's done and on to Cardio tomorrow.

That must be such a good feeling Wattss, not binging for a whole week hey?  If you can do a week you know you can do longer..how about 12 weeks?  

• Brenda4life, way to go on the 2.5 lbs!!!   That is a great start.

Second day to the second week and all systems are go.  Once you get the routine down seems like it gets easier to manage.  I love the pain.  Makes you know your alive!!!

Kerilove, where are you?  You haven't posted in a few days...how is your program going?

• Hiya, thank you are asking about me Vincent91, I feel the support in this group and I LOVE it alotttt... Today I'm starting my 8th week, had a very hard time eating every 2-3 hours; made myself eat it.. Crazy to hear, "I made myself eat.". LOL... I teach pre-k and have been out of school for the summer. Today we went in for meetings to get the year up and going. Everyone was coming up to me and asking, what in the world I was doing to lose my weight and that I looked amazing, beautiful, skinny, even gorgeous. All those same words I have told myself for years that I was not. I'm really starting to like this new person I see in the mirror and I'm loving her a little more every day. I tear up every time I think about it; confidence, strength, joy, self worth has all came out of this life change. I have also learned, I don't have to be last in anything anymore; I can be first; first. WOW, that even sounds good. No more excuses, for God does not give a spirit of fear, but of truth and a sound mind. I can do all things, ALL things through Christ that strengthens me. So my food for thought today is this, DON't let the old man rise up in you, you are new and will achieve because you have dreamed. We must not give up on ourselves. We can do this....

• Fat down by 1.2% in just a week!!!!

• AA, fantastic results! how did you measure it?

• proud of you all, we can do this... Vincent91how are you doing>?

• W2G AA! Vincent91 - thank you!  I don't know about anyone else so I want to share that I have had more energy in the last 2 weeks, than I have had in a long LONG time.  The reason I believe is due to my steady blood sugar.  Because I am eating so properly, and regularly, that my blood sugar is not peaking and diving.  I love the energy.  That alone is enough to keep me going on.  How about you?

• Kerilove, doing great.  Staying on track with my workouts and my eatting.  I had to laugh when you said that you had to force yourself to eat.  It is so true.  There are times when I'm not hungry but I want to keep the metabolism fire buring, so I'll eat.  I find that eatting every 2-3 hours really helps not to be hungry.  My wife is astounded that I'm losing weight because she says I "eat all the time".  Its the combination of eatting frequently and eatting right.  Sounds like you've had the "old man buried" in the waters of baptism.  You are so right.  God is good.  During my journey He wispered to me that He is restoring me.  Sounds like he is restoring you too.  Keep up the good work.  One thing that I have to keep reminding myself is that this is Body for Life.  So many times in the past I lost weight and then went right back to eatting poorly.  To make this thing last, we have to train our minds to accept that this is a new life.  I look at older folks who are really out of shape and think, "Do I really want to look like that?", "Do I really want to be confined in that type of body?".  It helps to motivate me about why I am doing all this and why I am "killing myelf" in the gym.

• Brenda4life,  isn't it great!  I actually feel like I want to go out and do something because my body doesn't feel so sluggish anymore.  What is really rewarding is when you have your blood work done and all of your vitals are look good.  No more risk of disease.  I had mine done recently and because of my improvements I was able to stop taking two cholesterol medication. Its all about living a life that is worth living.  Who the heck wants to live to 80 years old if you are confined to a wheel chair, or so unhealthy you can move.  Keep working at it Brenda4life.

• OK, we have a lot of BFL brothers and sisters who have not given an update in a while.  Here is a list of those who haven't posted recently.  How are you all doing?  Any struggles the group can help you with?  Any successes we can celebrate with you?  

Donate for Life

TeeTime

Dancing Queen

StlScott

Lisaquing

Blondie27

Paisli

Tonja

Gerald

Christoffel

Silver

El Profe

Silver66

Wickbfl

Hollyd3313

Siri42

Pickmich0821

Nativo

Omahauer

Wiscongrl

If I missed anyone, my apologizes. Give us an update.  Let us know if you are "crossing the abyss".

• You are so sweet, Vincent91 -  Thanks for asking!   i haven't dropped in because I can't keep track of where I have posted any more.  I read through a number of Forum strings and respond where I am moved to, then lose track - I should make a list!

The news is all good from my world.  I just concluded Week 3, and although I don't have access to an accurate scale, I estimate that I've lost SIXTEEN POUNDS!  Time to dig out smaller clothes!  A couple of new purchases will help me get to my 12 week goals.  Found a small used home gym for $70 and brought that home last night - looks like brand new.  If only I knew how to work it!  Have to wait for the former owner to mail the manuals to me. - she forgot them.  Also bought adjustable dumbbells that each go up to a max of 30 pounds.  It's amazing how heavy 30 pounds are - and I've lost half that much on my body so far.  No more dragging it around with the rest of me!

You have one of the same goals I do, Vincent91.  I can't wait to go for my checkup in September and let the doc see the weight loss and get the blood work results!

Hope all of you are well.  Have a happy BFL Day!

Mary

• Excellent work Dancing Queen.  Sixteen pounds is fantastic.   Sure sounds like all it going well in your program.  Yea, it felt great to get my new blood work and see that I have improved on all of the key metrics.  I'm not where I want to be in my body fat and weight yet, but I am definately much healthier.

• Diver Dog et al....I have a machine that you hold (I use it in my weight management business) and as long as you have not eaten or had anything to drink for 2 hours before you take the measurement then it calculates your fat %.  I never rely on these things totally but try to take the whole picture into account.  Waist measurements, plus clothes getting smaller, fat % and weight.  Also I'm having to convert everything you guys talk about cos we weigh in stone and also in kilos here.  There are 14 pounds to a stone and 2.2 pounds to a kilo so you can see the fun I'm having.

It's nice to hear that you are all full of energy cos I've been struggling with exercising in the mornings.  I get sooooooooo tired that I find it difficult to function. However if I exercise at night then i can shower and go to bed.  I have mentioned this on a FBook BFL group that I was invited onto and some of them also said that they felt mornings were difficult for them too. Does anyone else here find that at all?  Also, I really WANT to get up at 6 to leave at 6.30 and I am being so totally pathetic around that....just can't seem to get up till 7ish...BFL book says it's better to exercise in the morning!  What to do?????

Vincent91....I'm also glad to hear that you are ''killing yourself'' (in the nicest possible way, I hasten to add) cos I'm doing the same. Do you know that I lifted 12.5 kilos (multiply by 2.2 to get pounds) on my bicep lifts....wooooww...i pushed through to a 10. Could not believe that I actually did that. Mind you, can't lift my toothbrush today, but hey, I did it!!!

Anyway, I'm off to bed, have to try and get up (again) at 6 a.m.

Stay well and enjoy the Friday workout when you guys eventually get there!

;;))

• Hello!

I have just started the program and know I need an easily accessible support group.  I would really like to have a forum where questions can be answered, encouragement given, progress celebrated and ideas generated.  I know that over the next 12 weeks it will be easy to get stuck in a rut either with eating or training and having a group of fellow Body for Lifers will be invaluable!

I set up a FB group called Body For Lifers!  This will allow us to keep better track of conversation strings and even be able to easily add pictures of progress made or meals being eaten or exercise being done.  I have set it up as an open group initially so it will be easy to get everyone part of the team quickly.  After we can switch it to closed so post are private within the group.

What do you think?

Laura

• There is a FB page that is BFL start day August 6 (FYI).  It is a great idea, Laura.  I am still feeling great.  Addicted to the scale, I weighed in early and lost an additional 0.8 lb.  I can't wait to see what happens on Sunday.  The energy is still there.  I think that if you are not used to getting up early, it will be tiring.  My only advise would be to try to get to bed early so you can adjust to the change.  I know that with family it isn't always easy.  Other than that, I can an only think of the diet - make sure you are following the BFL plan to the letter i.e., 40% protein, 40% carbohydrates, 20% fat.  I think I mentioned it earlier but I use the website wwwmyfitnesspal.com to track my food and adjust if necessary to be on target.

Vincent! Terrific news on the tests.  Nothing feels better than not having to take medicine on a daily basis and a huge $$$ saver (I work a retail pharmacy).

Have a great rest of the week!