Anyone starting around August 6th and want to support each other?

• Hi,

I'm starting tomorrow also. I started the BFL several times and never finish do to one excuse or another.  My goal for this challenge is to simply complete all 84 days. I'm looking forward completing this challenge with you all.

Weight: 330

Age 44

Long term goal is lose 100 pounds.

Gerald

• Gerald,  you can do it.  I was 310 and I'm down to 256.  I'm 47.  I could bearly walk, and now I'm running.  It will happen.  

• I'm in.  My brother and I did the challenge 7years ago with great results.  He passed away last week, and i am starting the challenge this Monday to honor his memory.

• I'm so sorry for your loss, Christoffel.  That's a beautiful way to remember him.

• I'll be starting today, August 6th. This is the second time I try the challenge, first time lost 25 pounds. Will start today with some light weights, since it has been some time before I did some. My wife already made her routine today, I'll do it later in the evening.

I start at 267 pounds, and I have to do it, since like out friend Donate For Life most of my family suffer from diabetes and thats a race I have to win. I work as a radio broadcaster and in our radio show we are starting a group called Los Caminantes de Regreso a Casa, that translates to The Walkers from De Regreso a casa, thats the name of the show. We are going  to the track 3 times a week with anyone who wants to join us just to walk 4km with them.

Well, people, lets hit those weights, lets eat healthy and we will do it. Any questions that I can help with, just ask them. I'm sure that if I cant came on with the answers, someone will. Lets do this people...

• www.facebook.com/.../490101417686243

I just created a facebook group if anyone would like to join. I've never done it before so hopefully that link above will let you go and join.

• So sorry to hear about your loss.  I agree with SneakyPants, its a great way to honor him.  

• OK everyone.  Just 84 days to go.  Take one hour at a time.  Eat every three hours to fight the temptations.  Eat clean.  Enjoy the victory at the end of the day when you look in the mirror.

• I'm starting today, too. I'm 31, weight 245 pounds, 5'9" with one 4-year old. My husband is planning to do it with me, as well. I also have a close friend who is going to do it at the same time! I decided a blog would be a good way to keep myself accountable, so I created wickbodyforlife.blogspot.com

• Hi Everyone!!  I have lost count at how many times I have thought about starting. II did do 6 weeks about 10 years ago and it was the best I have ever looked!  I am heading to the gym for day 1 upper body. I need support and motivation big time.  I am 33 5'7" and to my surprise last night 188 pounds.  I am newly married and have put on 20 pounds.....sound familiar to anyone?  Finally found a great man that loves me for me so I thought I would give him more of me....haha!! I feel awful, look awful, and im ready to get in shape! Who wants to support  me and be supported!!??  

PS:  I had my husband take my before photos.  I had to have 2 glasses of wine...I was mortified!  I have perfected certain angles that I am convinced are most flattering and standing straight on with my bus driver arms is not one of them!  Looking forward to chatting with you all.  

• Hi Bruce Thanks for directing me over this way!!  I agree about the wake up call when you look at the before pictures....When I saw them I started laughing...kind of an involuntary response.  I had no idea.  I have heard pepole say this before and I think to myself...come on....you really had no idea...but I knew I was heavier but didnt realize what shape my body had taken.  Anyways...nice to meet you.

• Day 2 almost down, just sitting down to meal 5 of halibut, sweet potato, and salad.  Fish is tasting pretty good and if you are so inclined, spray a little Pam in a pan, put down a slice of onion, put a halibut steak on top, sprinkle with Montreal Steak Seasoning, then cover with lemon slices.  I baked at 350 for 20 mins, it came out flaky with no fish taste at all.  

Tried cooking the sweet potato in the microwave, ended up a bit dry, think I maybe put in for a minute or 2 too long but the center is still good.  For anyone that hasn't tried it and has a sweet tooth, give these a shot, I am truly in love with them (as much as you can be in love with a tuber anyways)!!

I was up at 4am this morning and headed to the gym, other than the getting up part, it was fantastic.  There were only 2 other people there and I didn't have to waste energy scheming all day of how I could put off the gym until tomorrow.  Trust me, if I added up all the hours I have talked myself out of going to the gym I probably would be skinny by now.

Hope everyone had a successful day one!!

• Wow, 4am.  Now that is commitment.  Good for you.

• Hello everyone, do you mind if I join this group too please?  I'm living in England and not too many people seem to know about BFL here.  I started yesterday and it was ok, I can see i've got a lot to learn. My before photos also made me laugh involuntarily!!! Today was the aerobics and I feel absolutely dead cos I really pushed it.  Anyway, I'll leave it there till I know that it's ok to join you guys.....

• Welcome aboard AfricanAvatar.  Yea, those before photos really make you want to change.