New to this, Be gentle :)

• Hey Everyone..

So my name is Micheal and I am based in the UK, Shortly to be moving to the great US in October - I have been waiting for months now for the big move! Even though I still have a few months to go it is getting closer.

Right down to the point... After a 5 year relantionship I put on a lot of weight! I mean alot -  from 210lbs to a whooping 364lbs, Yes eye back in there sockets please. But I have done well so far. In 17 weeks I have lost a total of 70lbs now. So only 84lbs left till I am back to where I was, even though I am not expecting to get back to the same weight due to being 5 years older, so I am aiming for another 60 - 70lbs.

I have been using Inferno Fat burners with a healthly balanced diet but no exercise and well yeah since great results. I am about to start a session of T5 Fat Burners and start to do basic exercise because it is still quite uncomfortable to run at the moment.

So what I would like help with is an idea of basic work out I can do for maybe 10 - 20 minutes every morning until I can start jogging and running again. I currently have started swimming in the sea ( As it is starting to warm up here) but would like something in the morning to get my body burning.

I look forward to posting some pictures up of my progress and join the BFL elites

• Welcome to BFL when you decide to join us upon arrival.   Sounds like you are on track with your plans and we look forward to your company with the BFL Challengers in the future. Losing 70lbs is definately a step in the right direction and I think you might find the HIT 20 minutes of cardio in the program 3x a week much to your liking and ability. I would advice going easy on the amount of weights you use during the weight portion at first until you adjust to the various exercises and of course recommend reading the original BFL book and suggest looking into getting a BFL SUccess Journal  or a similar type of workout journal to record and analize your progress with. Best wishes Michael and Keep Moving Forward!!!

• Micheal... I so want to encourage you. It takes a lot of courage to put yourself out there and  tell everyone of your dreams to lose weight. But I want to tell you that going back to 210lbs shouldn't be impossible in your mind. I am here to tell you that I have seen many people over 300lbs go down to under 200 with time, especially on "The Biggest Looser" if you are familiar with that reality TV show. You can even see episodes online I am sure. But even here at BFL there as MANY who have accomplished this too following the program and getting support from others. They also do all kinds of excersizes at their comfort level, so I know you can. It takes time just as it takes time to put on the weight, it doesn't happen overnight. But I know you can do it. But like WPBill said... it is very important for you to read the book BFL because there you will understand the importance of good nutrition and also help with excersize program, planning your daily routine and even seperating fact  from myths when it comes to losing weight. A "Welcome" in advance to the USA and know that WE BELIEVE IN YOU!! YOU CAN DO THIS, MICHEAL.

SorayaRosaria

• Hi there,

I have created a support group on Facebook called Body for Lifers!

I have just started the Body For Life program (8/15/12) and know I need an easily accessible support group. I would really like to have a forum where questions can be answered, encouragement given, progress celebrated and ideas generated. I know that over the next 12 weeks it will be easy to get stuck in a rut either with eating or training and having a group of fellow Body for Lifers will be invaluable!

Come join us!

Laura