Just signed up

• OK. I committed and  picked Aug 1 as my start date. I'm doing this alone but hoping my husband will jump on board once I begin. I know how to eat healthy and lean but have been ignoring doing so for about 7 months and gained 10 pounds to the already 10 pounds I needed to lose. So now I'm up to 20 pounds and decided - this has got to stop. Any advice for a newbie?

• Just one for starters, I would be a big plus and help if you can get a copy of the Body for LIFe original book and read and study it for information and tips.  You may want to start to stock up on some supplements you plan to use especially if they are on sale where you are.  Perhaps get in the habit now of doing some type of light cardio and stretching exercises to prepare for the program in it's full glory coming up (12 weeks, 6 days a week with one Free Day). Do some preplanning about which exercises you want to do, what type of cardio and when and where to do all of this. Check your workout gear that you will need, like water bottle, towels, shorts, shoes, tshirts for workout, swimsuits is you plan to do swimming as a cardio option. Hope this helps for starts.  Welcome to the BFL team and way of life. Best wishes and Keep Moving Forward!!

• Thank you! I need this encouragement and tips. I have the book and will start reading it (again) from the beginning and keep it near for info and guidance. Past experience tells me to "be prepared" and I will begin now preparing for this journey. Thanks again!!!

• Hi Patch!  I am almost to week 4!  The first week or 2 were very tough, but now I am building new habits! One thing that i really think helps me is prepping meals ahead.  I get 3-4 different meats and 2-3 carbs and2-3 veggies and cook it all up, Then I put portions into zip loc bags mix and match style for variety, and freeze them.  I usually make up 30 meals at a time! that way, NO EXCUSES! just pop it in the microwave and Voila! Done.

• Hello Patch!,   I second what Miss Understood said, preplanning as well as pre cooking will help with the meals.  I always had some pre cooked chicken breast or turkey ready to go in the fridge,  Chopped up lettuce , tomatoes, cucumbers, onions etc always helps for quick ready to throw together salads  (watch the dressings on those, balsamic vinegar is one good option because the balsamic vinegar helps pick up the metabolic rate with the rest of the meal). Best wishes! and Keep Moving Forward!

• Well welcome Patch, just know if u stick with this u will see results, I am back to start my third challenge, first challenge I didn't finish but lost 22 pounds in 7 weeks, second challenge i missed finishing it by 10 days due to a car wreck, but I lost 43 pounds, well i am better from my wreck which happend almost a year ago, and Third time is the charm, good luck to u, I start my Challenge Monday July 23rd.

• Ms Understood - YES YES YES I found being prepared is so necessary. I work M-F in an office, where we have a full kitchen so I can take my lunches and snacks for the week. This will help alot. 30 meals at a time! That is ambitious and a great idea...NO EXCUSES. If you're like me, I've been here before (trying to lose weight) but this time I will, WE WILL complete what we started and reach our goal.

• WPBill I hear/read that chix breast and cottage cheese will be my best friends on this plan! Also having frozen fruit and protein powder always on hand make a quick snack - and protein bars are so handy when traveling or when I'm at work and cant take time to break. Thanks so much for the hints. I am SO ready!

• Seth194 - kudos to you, 3rd challenge! That's great that you keep coming back to it. Wow, good job! I will start this coming Monday (I decided to change it to Mon instead of Aug 1 Wed) so I am 1 week behind you. I got glimpses of doubt this week thinking "Will I follow thru the entire 12 weeks? Do I have what it takes?". When I start to doubt, I journal and it helps. I think this forum and all of you will be a reinforcement as well. Your story inspires me to press on. Thank you.

• Welcome Patch! WPbill is a BFL veteran 3 completed challenges under his belt already so He's on point with what he told you and Miss understood is also making great gains.. I failed 3 times before re reading my book again last year started in january of 2011 and haven't looked back since.. I have completed 5 personal challenges and have become a new person both outside but more importantly inside! You will finish your 12 weeks if you get that doubt back *we all do get back into your head how u felt when u were doing a challenge and check in here often we are all trying make ourselves better the support here is amazing and to be quite honest I don't know if I could've succeeded on my 4th try had I not found this site. Go get em your new life and you starts very soon! ALOHA

• Hi everyone!  

I wanted to let you know I have created a Facebook group called “Body for Lifers!”  The link is…

www.facebook.com/.../353357984743968

I just started the Body For Life program (8/15/12) and know I would enjoy having an easily accessible support group. I would like to have a forum where questions can be answered, encouragement given, progress celebrated and ideas generated.

We would love to have you join us,

Laura