Two questions... metabolism kicking in? When is the pain going to go away?

• C1W4D7 -  Female YoYo dieter here - committed to BFL 100% this time around...not quitting until it works !

I have noticed in the last 2 weeks that I sweat intensly during my workouts.  Dripping sweat!!!  Is this a sign the my metabolism has kicked in?  I also notice that sometimes after I eat I get very warm as well.  I am a chronic yo yo dieter and do not expect to see results quickly.  My pants are starting to feel baggy, and feeling great overall.  I am hoping that this is a sign that my metabolism has kicked in and starting to make some internal changes. 

Also wondering when the workout pains will start to go away?  I am not new to working out, but new to pushing myself to the 10's.  I was hoping after the first weeks the workout pain would go away, but I continue to feel sore 24 hours after my workouts.  Will it ever go away ?

• Great question dannewi!  I want to see what the pros say.  I have noticed that I am hot at night while sleeping.  I often wake up drenched; could be hormones but I'm hoping it's metabolism.

• Love the name, gottasweat!! :) I don't really consider myself a "pro", but those internal changes are happening first and that could be the reason for the sweating.  Make sure you are drinking your 8-10 glasses of water...pants getting baggier, that's great news! :)

The soreness usually does go away, but if you are pushing yourself and upping the wts. then yes you are going to be sore as the muscle fibers are tearing when you are lifting/working out...make sure you get a good protein source to the muscles within 30 min. of your strength workout.

I take Betagen which helps in muscle recovery, maybe that will help you.  I just ordered some more last night from allstarhealth.com  It is 39.99, but well worth every granule! lol! :)

Hope this helps!  Keep on Sweatin'! :)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• As to the cranking metabolism, yes, I too flush after meals even after all this time.  As far as sweating during my workouts...I am  a horrible sweaty betty.  It literally drips.  Both are normal by all means.  Now as to in the middle of the night, that only happens right around that time of the month for me OR if I've skipped a workout.  My workouts keep my internal furnace under control.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Week 5 for me and I haven't stopped being sore yet.  I love it!

Now please understand this is muscle soreness and not pain from injury.

• Danne:  15 weeks straight for me and I still earn the soreness - I say earn because once your body has started to get used to it, it's becomes harder to get your muscles sore.  It's partly from pushing your 10's but it also a sign that you are completing both range of motions in resistance training properly.  I feel it is easy to get somewhat comfortable and stop challenging yourself as hard, so sore muscles for 24-36 hours after working out is a sign that you are challenging your muscles every time you train.

• i HAVE A QUESTION. i AM NOT SURE THIS IS WHERE i SHOULD ASK IT, BUT i WILL GIVE IT A TRY.

i TAKE BETEGEN RIGHT NOW, BUT I HAVE BEEN HEARING ALOT ABUT CREATINE/HBM. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE. MY GOALS ARE AS FOLLOW;

1. DROP FROM 34% TO AT LEAST 25%

2. GAIN AT LEAST 5LBS MUSCLE

3. HAVE DEFINITION IN MY ARMS, WITHOUT FLEXING AT LEAST AS MUCH AS WOMEN CAN GET.

WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS SUGGEST. BETEGN OR CREATIN/HBM. I ALSO TAKE CLA

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT. AND PLEASE TELL ME IF MY GOALS ARE ATTAINABLE, I AM NOT SURE WHAT IS.

• makingthechange:  Betagen is a combination of HMB and creatine as well as glutamine.

Also, Betagen orange tastes like Tang so that's a bonus as well.

• Makingthechange-I take Betagen and CLA as well...I did the BodPod measurement a couple of wks ago and my bf was about 32% so about like you and I definitely think I can get to 25% and so can you with a lot of hard work!  How far are you into the challenge?

You can check out my pics on my profile, my arm definition has definitely improved...be patient, you will get there.

I forgot my Betagen at home this morning-missed the "tangy" taste, Armster! :)

• oh!, oops!. cool! i guess that answers my question. Thanks

• DebbieMo. I just started my 3rd week. I did the challenge about 4 years ago, i started seeing some results, but then I became pregnant with my 3rd child. i have been working out cosistanly since June 09, but did alot of cardio, since I started this challenge I already gained 2lbs muscle and lost 2% bodyfat, I don't know if it is from BFL completely or some it from working out before. whatever I will take it. thanks for the encouragement good luck on your journey

• This is C2W5 for me...you can do this, let's set our sights on the 20% club!! Whoop! ;)

I did BFL back in 01-02, then pregnant with 3rd child as well...

Best wishes for your success! :)