Challenge start date: 06/11/12 Let's do it! Support group

• Hi!

My name is Darlene and I will be starting the challenge tomorrow!  I am excited, but nervous.  I do not want to fail.  I thought by starting a support thread for all of those starting on the date that I am will be great!  We can do it together and offer support, advice and all.  Please join!!  The more of us the more we can succeed!

I will weigh-in tomorrow and post my measurements as well.  Not looking forward to the before pic, but hey....a picture is worth more than a thousand words, right?  I had done BFL back in 2003 and got some amazing results!  Now after being married for over 7 years and having three kids in that time frame I have gained lots of weight!! 

Here is little about me.  I am 35 years old and mom to 4 (ages: 18yrs, 5yrs, 3yrs, and a 4 month old).  I have been married since Jan of 2005.  I am a stay at home mom for now and always on my feet with all my little ones!!  I have let myself go and have put everyone before my needs, but I need to put myself first now.  I need to be and feel healthier with more energy in order to tackle on my large household with all the other things that follow.  My commitment to myself starts TODAY!!!  I will be preparing all my meals for the week.  NO EXCUSES!!!!  WHat about you?  Are you with me? 

Darlene

• darlene

i feel as though we are very much the same. i have 4 kids, (ages 13, 12, 11, 4). i did bfl about 7 years ago, had a wonderful out come. fell off the wagon with a new marraige and a new baby, no time for me. i stay at home with my kids, but i also have an in home daycare. so i am streched on time and nerves. i dont even comb my hair anymore, i wake up about 10 min before i need to and pull my hair into a pony tail and put on an oversized sweat shirt that belongs to my husband. my outfits are made up of his clothes most days.

i am getting ready to turn 38 in 15 days, i am 5'6" weigh 212 (i think, i will weigh again in the morning), so here i go again. i will use you as a support system and you feel free to use me. i will need it!

tonya

• Hi Darlene,

I can relate. I would love to support you in this endeavor. I need the support as well. My husband even though I love him dearly is not very supportive of me when I try to lose weight. I did this challenge about 6 years ago with doing it about halfway and was able to lose 25 pounds. I would like to complete this new challenge and not only complete it but have it be my way of life.

I have a 2 year old and a 10 month old. I need energy and to be healthy for them. I need those things for myself as well. I currently weigh 246 and I am 5'2". I am 37 years old and am feeling much older ;-) I really want to take this day by day meal by meal. With my little ones I will really need to plan my meals. I am planing to use shakes for one or two of my meals at Lear for 1-2 weeks so there are no excuses. We will do this. I'm a teacher so I will be home for the summer, I plan on going back in September with a new and improved me!! Let's do this!!!

• Hi Tonya!!

Wow...we are about the same!  LOL...sounds like what I wear and how I do my hair to...pulled back!  I feel awful because I haven't gotten dolled up in a very long time.  I want to feel sexy, and lively again!  We are so close in age, too!  We can definitely do this!  Let's just keep checking in with each other and give one another a push!!  It's time we make "me" time mandatory!!  I am planning on waking up very early to get my workouts done.  I am preparing my meals today, so i have no excuse for the rest of the week.  It's great that you are taking control and are going to start changing your life....you will soon be a very fit and healthy 38 year-old mama!!!

~Darlene~

Darlene

• Hi Perfectweight!

Yes, we CAN do this!!  You will go back to teaching looking and feeling great!!  Looks like all of us have a bunch of little ones....that can be draining.  Are you going to use any of the EAS shakes?  I am going to use Myoplex lite right now, but GNC has an awesome shake in their Total lean brand...yummy flavors too!  I think for muscle recovery I will use Betagen....used it back then and saw awesome results with it.  So glad to have you as support on this thread.

Darlene

• Thanks for having me! I will be using the EAS shakes that are 110 calories. They Don't taste too bad but maybe I will try your suggestion thanks.

• Sorry I didn't give my name it's Monica ;-)

• ok ladies, hi perfectweight.

this morning i got up and weighed 218lbs. bummer. i got my breakfast in,

1 whole egg

1 egg white

1 wholen wheat peice of toast

oatmeal

green tea, with splenda

thats my update so far.

will you all be working out at the gym or at home?

• Hi, LADIES

I ate at 8 for my first meal was a little late

3egg whites made egg salad ( low fat mayo 1 tsp and a 1/2)

With bagel thin 100 cal

I find it very hard to not have dounkin donuts!!! I am going through like withdrawal.  ;-)

I weighed myself this morning a I was 248 more than I thought! Yikes! Good thing I started today. My next meal is a salad with tuna.

Then angel hair pasta with chicken.

Dinner I think chicken with veggies

Shake for my last meal.

I AM DOING THIS!!!

Good job on breakfast!! Keep it up !

• Hello, ladies! My name is Jami.  I'm starting with you all today, too.  I've attempted BFL a few times, but usually quit after 4-6 weeks.  I'm 41 with 3 children.  I work part-time as a physician's assistant.  I've been exercising for several years, but have NEVER stuck with a healthy eating plan, so I've never gotten the results I'm looking for.  I tend to eat when I'm stressed. . . lots of sugar.  Not good.  I haven't weighed in forever, because I usually end up getting really depressed.  I know that I'm about 25-30 pounds overweight.  Has anyone taken their before pictures yet?  I'll be working out at the gym.  I'm excited to get to know you ladies and to help each other stay accountable to workouts and nutrition!  Let's do this!

• Hi Ladies!

Let's do this!!  Sounds like all of you had a great breakfast!  Let get through this day...remember no plan meals...no temptation.  Just like Monica said...withdrawals are going to be our enemy for this whole week!  Our system is so wired for the bad that we need to get in  tuned with all the healthy food for it.  The headaches, jitters, grumpiness will all come to pass.  Remember that we are doing it all together, too.  Come on here for help and motivation...don't cave and picture your after results!!

I will be working out at home.  I have lot's of exercise DVDs, dumbbells, weight bench/bands, and a stationary bike.  I still need to get in my workout.  Now that I feed my baby I can do it.  The other little ones are content, so mama is going to work out!!

For my early meal I had a Myoplex lite shake.  I know we should workout on an empty stomach first thing in the morning, but it is so hard for me.  I start to shake if I don't have food in me....and i feel weak.  Want to give good, hard workouts!

I will be checking back in later to see how everyone is.  Oh, I took my before pic....my eyes are truly open!!  I need to change!!  My starting weight is 191.6lbs and I am 5 ft even!  Fat does not look good on short people! I currently wear a size 18 pants and a XXL tops.  Measurements were a shocker, too.

Well, good luck on your first day!!!  We can do it!!  Hang in there!

Darlene

• Hi Jami!

Glad to have you with us!  I took my before pic last night and it was not pretty!!  Well, I guess that's why they are before pics, right?  We will change and make them look better!  Exercise is only part of the change, but it's the healthy eating that counts.  Once we start doing it we will see results and feel great!!!  I hope you have a good day today and remember to weigh yourself....don't be afraid...you need to know where you are, so you can start making that change to drop the pounds....you can do it!  We are here to help!

Darlene

• Hi there Ladies!  Yep, I'm jumpin' in on this with ya!  Took my before pics this morning w/ hubby.  He's agreed to do this with me ~ so excited to have him on this fitness journey w/ me!  

All right Day 1 ~ Let's DO this!

Workout for today:  45 min. strength training circuits alternating 3 min. of cardio bursts with 3 min. of strength training - finished off w/ some abs

M#1:  PRE W/O MEAL:  quick cook oats, 1/2 scoop protein powder, 1/2 tbls walnuts, 63g banana

M#2:  POST W/O MEAL:  3 hard boiled egg whites, 1 rice cake w/ 1/2 tbls honey, 1 flax whole wheat tortilla w/ 1 tbls PB2 (powdered peanut butter)

I'm so very excited to be on this journey w/ you guys!  Let's stay POSITIVE!!

• so glad to have all of you here with me to help me when i need it the most.

i am not feeling as positive as all of you though, ugh, i just have a head ache, withdraws from caffine.

anyway, i am getting ready to eat my next meal.

turkey on whole wheat, lettuce and tomato

green tea, splenda

water

i havnt gotten my work out in though. i will get to it.

and i havent taken my b 4 pics yet, will do today

• I am so with you!! Thank you for doing this. I have tried the challenge in the past as well and had amzing results. It is the best plan out there. I am 44 and have 5 kids 25, 24, 19 6 and 7. So I know all about putting everyone else first. I took pictures yesterday wow!! I have work to do. My goal is to lose 30 pounds and gain 5 pounds muscle. of course I will be watching my body fat like a hawk....Lets do this!!!!!