Looking for a Mentor- Starting April 30, 2012 for the first time.

• Hi, I am new to BFL and will be starting my journey on April 30th.  I am looking for some guidance and accountability throughout the process.  Any suggestions?  I feel a little overwhelmed trying to put a grocery list together and things.  Anyway, I would love to hear also from anyone else who will be starting April 30th, as well.

Have a great day!

• The food part was hard for me too. I started out by getting frozen veggies, frozen fruit, dry fruit, boiled eggs, oatmeal, lunch meat, tuna, and a loaf of whole wheat bread. That made it easy for me to put meals together. The Myoplex is great too. I have it twice a day. Also, check out the Eating for Life book.

• I spend a few hours on Sundays making up 'meals' in tupperwares:  I get a bunch of pre-cooked chicken breasts, pre-steamed salmon fillets, and pre-cooked shrimp.  I cook a pot of brown rice.  I put in one fist of meat/fish, and one fist of rice, then throw some spinach on top and seal it up.  If I'm feeling ambitious, I'll microwave a sweet potato or two and use those to diversify my carb.  Anyhow, this way I don't have to think about my meals all the time.  When it's time to eat, I just grab one and throw it in the microwave.  I'll use one for my lunch and one for my dinner (I'll usually stir-fry some veggies to add to the dinner meal), and between I'll have low-fat cottage cheese and a piece of fruit, or a protein bar or shake, or yogurt with a small amount of nuts.  Every once in awhile I'll get sick of my 'meals,' and then I usually spruce it up with different types of veggies, or make a pot of ground-turkey chilli.

• Thanks, that helps and gives me a place to start.  Thanks for responding!

• Would love to stay in touch through the next 12 weeks.

• Great!  You can 'friend' me through BFL, and another great thing for support is to join one of the discussion threads that groups of people post on regularly.  Those groups are always happy to welcome a new member, so just pick one that sounds interesting and jump right on!  I'm in the one that's called "Niners come over here" or something like that.

• Hi Faithrainbow and Cowgirl2! I am starting on the 30th as well. Could I keep in touch? I completed BFL back in 2001 and went from a size 12 to a 8 and lost 24 lbs in 12 weeks. It was amazing! Kept it off for 2 years. Well, cancer and 3 more babies set me back and I never have made it back to a healthy lifestyle. Now I'm 181 lbs and need to lose 41 lbs. Here I go...on my way.

• Hey alL! I just started this week, we have a thread going called "STARTING C2 APRIL 23RD ....any takers :) :) :)" so if you want ot be a part of that as well, there's a bunch of us on there :)

We're only one week ahead of you so we can definitely keep each other motivated! Feel free to friend me :)

"...I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul."

• Hey everyone. I just bought the book BFL and am going to start the program on Monday as well. I'm also a little overwhelmed by the shopping part of the program and a lot nervous about completing it successfully with my crazy schedule but I also read that I need to change my frame of reference so here goes! I love hearing about your previous successes and look forward to logging on and seeing everyone's posts as we start the program. I need the motivation

• I'm also starting officially on Monday. I've done WW so, my weight is under control. Miles of running, but no strength training.

Can I tag along with this group?

• What fun things are going on this weekend in preparation for Monday? Is anyone else following a journal?

• I am starting on Monday as well... it would be great to stay in touch with everyone!  Anyone from Canada?

• 5k. Autism Race, bought weight bench and borrowed weights

• Hey all!  Welcome!  Like Jaimee I did BFL in 2001 (?) and went from a 16 to and 8 and lost 40 pounds in 12 weeks.  Amazing transformation.  I completed another BLF a couple years ago and dropped twenty (which I have regained).  Need another jump start and looking find some friends.  Do you all want to stay with this group or should we join in C2?  I have found that by week 4 you lose a majority of your group, so I am suggesting we join their group, as there is more power in numbers.  More friends and support won't hurt us.  I believe if you check out my profile you can find a pretty good history of what the power of this program can accomplish.  So happy to meet you all.

• We just have to make sure that NO ONE gets left behind....if someone starts to fall away--we call in the calvary! lol