Bummed, no book today:(

• I sooooo wanted to start monday and from reading alot of the posts I really need to read the book before I start.  Here is my plan of action.  Starting today I am trying to eat 6 meals and go by the BFL guidelines.  Even with reading alot and getting responses for some reason it just isn't clicking with me, I just feel confused and I know it is a pretty simple plan.  The food list doesn't give the entire list of foods so that is another reason for my confusion on a meal plan.  I have decided to eat this for the time being till my book gets here:

Meal#1 fiber one yogurt, 3 oz chicken ***, 1 cup spinach   Meal #2 Myloplex lite shake (25 grams protein 23 grams carbs. that would be a complete meal right?) Meal #3  4 -6 oz pork tenderloin, 2 la tortilla whole wheat tortillas, 1 cup broccoli and salsa  Meal#4 EAS lite shake  Meal#5 1 cup raspberries, low fat chicken deli meat wrapped around green peppers and celery   Meal#6 5 egg white omelet with mushrooms and salsa

• Hi landhippo,

You don't have to wait for the book. You can start on Monday as planned until you get the book. I am not really sure what you are confused about. It seems you have a good plan of action. Your meals look good except Meal #3 I would say 3 - 4oz of pork tenderloin, Meal #6 you are missing a carb, i would throw some sort of fruit perhaps an apple. That is my last carb for the night. If you have questions feel free to ask. There are plenty of users who are eager to help.

• I guess my confusion is due to some of the meal plans I read about from other BFL posts.  I have seen where yogurt and cereal are ate together and I thought only 1 carb is allowed per meal.  My understanding is 6 meals which consist of 1 protein and 1 carb with veggies at least with 3 of the meals.  I also have read about unlimited veggies on the forum but on the challenge it doesn't state anything about unlimited veggies.  Some of my questions are, can we have no sugar pickles and is there a limit on them? What about egg beaters instead of egg whites and if we use that then how much are we allowed? Can I have crystal lite? Due to degentative disc disease it is impossible for me to exercise in the morning due to I have to take anti-inflamatory meds in the morning and it takes at least 2 hours for my back to loosen up and by then I am at work.  Obviously the point is to exercise on an empty stomach and that would mean not eating all day so I could exercise after work (of course I'm not going to do that) so would it matter that much if I exercise after work like I've been doing for so many years? I have all 3 kinds of shakes (EAS 110 calories, Myloplex lite 170 calories and Myloplex 210 calories) not sure which ones to drink, I was thinking drinking the 210 for meal #2 and EAS 110 for meal #5 or 6.  This is alot of my confusion.  I just want to make sure I do this right, I really appreciate your input and welcome all I can get:)

• What you are reading are what people are doing for themselves and not necessarily correct according to how it is written in the book.  For the veggies, per the Eating-for-LIFE book, page 39, (which is meant of maintenance) "you don’t have to limit yourself to a certain amount."  It states in the book on page 83 at the bottom of the authorized list that we are to have veggies with at least 2 out of the 6 meals.  Yogurt and cereal doesn't sound correct to me.  Just follow the list in the book and chose your meals that way being sure to use the correct portion for you.

Can we have no sugar pickles and is there a limit on them?  You want to lower your sodium content so in my opinion I'd say no to pickles, except on your free day.

What about egg beaters instead of egg whites and if we use that then how much are we allowed?   Egg whites are better.  You can buy them as egg substitute.  The container helps you determine how much to use to equal 1 egg.  Ideally 5-6 egg whites with 1 whole egg that includes the yolk.

Can I have crystal lite?  Yes but straight water is better.

could exercise after work (of course I'm not going to do that) so would it matter that much if I exercise after work like I've been doing for so many years?  You can still exercise on a somewhat empty stomach, just make sure you exercise 1 hour before your next meal on weight days and 1-2 hours on cardio days.

As for shakes you should try to have only 2 and no more than 3 shakes a day.  You see why if you do have the 3. :-)

Here is info on portion sizes:

A portion of PROTEIN is roughly equal to the size of the palm of your hand.  For example, a chicken *** about the size of the palm of your hand is a proper portion of chicken for you.

A portion of a right CARBOHYDRATE is an amount roughly equal to the size of your clenched fist.  For example, a baked potato about that size is the right amount for you.

The right amount of a serving of VEGETABLES is approximately what you might imagine you can hold in the cupped palm of your hand.  For example, a portion of steamed broccoli could be a little or a lot, depending on your appetite, really.  You see, with vegetables, you have a lot of leeway—you don’t have to limit yourself to a certain amount, and you certainly don’t have to force feed yourself a certain serving size.

Hope this helps.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!