Starting 2nd April 2012

• I have started this challenge before, but after re reading the book, it is time.It is such a great piece of literature for motivation, and I want to climb a building right after reading it.

I have deliberately picked the 2nd of April because it is a week before easter and I will know that if I can make it through easter, I can make it through 12 weeks.

Anybody else interested in a similar start date?

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

• Hi!

I have started this before to and want to give it another go. I would like to start tomorrow but I am getting better from a terrible cold and think it is better to wait another week. But I will start eating better and just start with that.

The book is great and so inspirational....Well I am ready to kick-start spring, springclean my appartment and springclean my body!

My biggest challenge is sugar, like in sodas or energy-drinks. So now I have a bottle of water in the kitchen with a bright color so it is the first thing I see. So this week my goal is to stop with sugar and drink 3 bottles of water every day (ca 1,8 L (half a galloon?))

Hope to be supportive and to receive support through this forum    

• Hey, im starting on the2nd as well, may we work hard, eat clean, stay injury free, and encourage each other on this journey, i have started this program before as well got to week 10 but family emergency called me out of state, anyway, im really focussing on being strong in my mind, to push harder than my body wants to.

good luck to yall,

GOD BLESS

• Hi Georgiaofsweden, I am also recoving from a cold, so the 2nd was picked so that I could have a realistic start date, but I am happy to give all the support you need through this forum. Good luck.

Rodie, I am impressed that you got to week 10 before the unfortunate incident. Good luck in your journey and we'll be here for you all the way. Strong of mind is the key!!!

Cheers

Stuart

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

• I like the fact of having a week to prepare my mind for whats ahead,

robert

winners never quit, and quitters never win

(lets be winners together and finish this thing)

im going to print out the pain is temporary saying and put it on my wall in front of my desk thanks Stuart

• Yes, I completely agree with you.

I have always jumped into the challenge without really preparing, but this time I am doing it by the book.

One of those things is jumping on the forum which I have never done before, so I hope that can be a good start.

As for the quotes, I love great sporting quotes so will try and change my signature each week with a new quote.

We are in it to win it this time.

• Thanks!

I love good quotes to so I have found a lot o them online and have them as my screen background to be reminded every time I open the computer.

I have sat down and wondered what i did wrong the last time and one thing I know is that I was not  very good at meal planning.  So I have sat down and done a list of things to eat and done a meal-chart so I know everyday what to eat. The hard thing was the six times a day thing but I set the alarm on my phone to remind me of mealtime....I guess by time it becomes a good habit and you don´t need all the reminders.

one week to go guys!! 

• Got my grocery list prepared, ordering couple EAS supplements, (muscle armour & and i do like the lite protien bars they make) so will alternate between muscle armour and EAS protien powder, if anyone interested you can check out photos i posted last time i did this, even thought i only made it to week 10, my week 1 to week 8 shows significant changes, i expecting better results this time round

• I completed the Challenge 10 years ago at 45 years old and got into the most awesome shape ever.  BUT I let it get away, and I've been beating myself up about it for several years. I decided it's not going to get any better the longer I wait, so I'm starting on 4/2, also.  I may not be bikini material anymore, but I'd really like to get over feeling so embarrassed that I don't wear sleeveless tops.  And it gets HOT here in FL!  

• Hey fitbyJuly, im in florida 2, well i just completed writing down all my meal plans for the whole first week, my mindset is getting stronger and more determined as we draw closer to start date, looking forward to hearing how yall are doing when we begin, and i hope to be a great encourager to yall,

Where the mind goes the man (or woman) follows

• Hi fitbyjuly,

Seems we have two from Florida, I am from Melbourne Australia, and I assume Georgia is from sweden.

Its funny how people in different parts of the world are going to be our rocks for this challenge.

Thanks for the picture georgiaofsweden, i now have it as my desktop.

• Hey bhornett,

I was born in Melbourne, Australia, actually im an aussie who has been living in the USA for last 7yrs, oh gosh how i miss a four and twenty pie, lol, oops gives myself an uppercut for even thinking that, think protein bar, try harder, protein bar, protein bar, ok its working lol

GOD bless  yall

• A long way from home my friend.

One question Rodie, who do you follow?

• Brisbane Lions lol

what about you,

spent about 10yrs in Brisbane before i flew out here to the States,

already recoginise my toughest battle is going to be my cardio, so planning on getting mentally tougher in that area,

• welcome fitbyjuly! Nice to have another woman here to ;)

And yes, I´m from Sweden though I have a brother in Tasmania. I will visit as soon as I get rid o my fear of spiders etc. We don´t have much of things that can kill you here up north except maybe bears. But they don´t hide in you´re shoes!

But my wish and goal in life is to live somewhere that there is sun and warmth all year round so you take the good with the bad I guess....  

Well here in Sweden it´s springtime (fall in Aussie? Fl Idon´t know about the variations) so that always gets you´re mood up and some have-to-go-to-the-beach-with-the-kids scare. That is always a motivation (even if my overall health is my nr one thing :) )

Nice pics by the way rodie! It is so strong to post pics....I hope I have the courage. But I think it is easier for men or am I totally wrong? And it is easier when you can see that kind of change!

Have a nice day!