yoga or tai chi

• DOES ANYONE THINK THAT DOING YOGA OR TAI CHI AFTER WEIGHT WORKOUTS WOULD BE HELPFUL, TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION NO MORE NO LESS MOTTO?

• both offer great benefits including increased flexibility and stress reduction.  I'd be careful about overworking your body though.  The program already has us exercising 6 times per week pretty intensely.  I'd say yoga would be better later in the day (right after a weight workout would be tough if you're working your muscles to exhaustion already).  Tai Chi would probably be more doable because there is less strength invovled.  Both make great cross training activities though

• Hey, Rodie - I was thinking the same thing - about Tai Chi.  I did it for awhile.  The most amazing thing about it is - it slows down your world. It increases balance ( a very good thing)...and is calming. But I agree with Ashplowe about not doing it immediatley after a workout.

Dee

• I am glad to see the question asked.  I was trying to figure out a way to work it into my training schedule too and just decided to do Yoga on my "rest" day.  I find it relaxing and I think it will be good all the way around :)

~Nothing changes until SOMETHING changes~