Starting (again) Monday February 27!

• Here I am again, back where I started.

I'm a second-time-around B4Ler except I had to pull the plug 8 weeks in with my first attempt. :(  I was in school full time, working full time for a very difficult boss, had a high maintenance roommate that was compromising the safety of my home and too many other things happening to continue. Now my life has done a 180 and I'm back in the fray!

Current stats

Weight: 161 lbs

Height: 5' 6"

Haven't done a body fat % yet. Buying a caliper and sewing tape measure tonight!

Having about a year to reflect has actually been good... I can think about what I can do better, or at least differently. I've managed to more or less keep up with the eating plan and only gained 2 lbs since I had to quit the Challenge last April. Not too shabby.

Can't wait to take my "before" photos tonight and see if I can make it happen this time!

• Hi,

I started today! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

claw34

• im startin firs thing in the morning.. Good For you!!! you have nothing else but to feel proud and great about yourself. I too have undergone Many life changes this past months, taking me to this Much Needed change!! God speed everyday from now on!!

• Hi, I am starting today.  This is my second challenge.  I did one years ago (2002) and looked and felt great.  Since then, I have gained all back and am out of shape :(

The good news is that I know this works and I am motivated to look as good or better than I did 10 years ago!  Good luck all!

• Can I join in?  I was on the February 1st board and have also done BFL in the past but my daughter was really sick the past 2 weeks so I had to put this on the back burner.  I am 37 wanting to loose weight and tone.  I am 5'7 and 144 lbs.  I will take my before pics tonight and do my measurements as well.  Looking forward to a beach body since we should finish up this challenge just in time to kick off summer!

• I'd like to join in as well!  Did my first challenge this past Fall and ran into trouble around the holidays.  Then to make it worse I went on vacation in January and got very sick when I returned home.  So....now I am starting again today.

Was on a good thread previously and it helped me a lot to have other people to bounce things off of and to get tips, encourangement, etc.  Hope we can get that going here.

Let's do this!!!!  Hope everyone has a happy and healthy day today!!!

• Hi all! I just started today as well! I had planned on starting 2/13 but got derailed by a couple of sick kids and then got sick myself. I am on the mend and ready to dive in head first! I still haven't taken my before pictures but hoping to get that done tonight. I just had a baby 3 months ago and have held onto 15 pounds of my pregnancy weight. I am currently at my heaviest (non-pregnancy) weight and feeling really bad about it. Time to let it go!

Here are my current stats:

Height: 5'7

Weight: 165 lbs

BF% (according to scale): 38.8% (could that be possible??! - yikes!)

I hope everyone is having a great first day so far!!

Jessica

• Also starting today...have started more times than I would care to admit! I hope community will help me stick with it. good luck eveeryone!

• Hi Everyone,

I'm also starting today.  This is my first time.  I've never been able to stick to any routines but have hit a point in my life where I know I have to change.  I'm hoping to get some good tips and inspiration from all of you that have done this before.  Good luck everyone!

• Wow lots of us getting going this week! Good luck to all of you in your life changes. I am so excited! Day One is down in the books. Bought all my supplements + protein powder and did upper body with my new weight lifting gloves. Feeling amazing! Think I did well with food though I did miss my 10:00 meal.

8 am: Scrambled egg whites with 1 cup Kashi GoLean cereal and 1/2 cup almond milk.

10 am:  Missed it! I work from home and got "in the zone" and when I looked up it was 12:30. Oops.

12:30 pm: Tuna salad sandwich made w light mayo, olive oil, red onion, salt, pepper, lemon juice, on locally baked whole-wheat bread with a little salsa with salad greens and homemade strawberry balsamic vinaigrette dressing

3:30 pm: Fage Total 0% plain Greek yoghurt, 1 small scoop of jelly

7 pm: Roasted pork tenderloin with roasted cauliflower and campanelle pasta in a garlic-and-olive-oil sauce (crushed garlic, roasted red pepper flakes, olive oil and 1/2c of the cooking water left over from the pasta).

9 pm: Upper Body workout

10 pm: Protein shake with vanilla whey protein isolate powder, 4 strawberries, 3 peach slices, 1/2 banana, and unsweetened almond milk.

Totals: 149g carbs / 48g fat (mostly from the olive oil) / 159g protein / 30g sugar / 14 cups water

Oh, and I did the pinch caliper today, at 30.3% body fat. Trying to shoot for 23% by week 12 which would put me at 15 pounds lighter according to the chart that came with the caliper. I'm ready to make it happen!

• Happy day 2!  Good cardio got up at 4:30 and did my run.  I feel good.  I have 2 little ones so if I don't get up early the workout just wont happen and I really don't like doing it at night as I always come up with some excuse why I can't do it,  I need to do my body fat.  I am thinking I might just go to the gym I bleong to and see if they will do it for me. Hope all of you have a great day!

• Congrats everyone on a great first day.  I am planning to do my cardio after work.  I would rather do it in the morning, but my energy level isnt there yet.  

For breakfast I had an egg white (3) and one whole egg omelet in a whole wheat wrap with a small bit of shredded lowfat cheese-just for taste.

Have a great day 2!

• Good morning,

Got my lower body workout done even with an interruption from my 1 year old.  I made a great fried rice last night with fresh broccoli and asparagus so good and I have some for lunch today - yeah!  Hope everyone is doing well and staying strong.  Here is to a great day 3!

• Sounds like you are starting off great.  I am excited about doing LB wo this afternoon.  My arms are still sore from Monday!  It is a great feeling....knowing my body is changing every day.

egg wrap for bf.  yummy!!

• Hi all,

Can I jump in as well? I to have done BFL, back in 2002 & when I look at the pics, I am now realizing how great I felt and looked; I want it back! So since Jan 2012 I returned to the gym and have been using an online trainer. Argh....it's been six weeks and I just couldn't do it anymore, yes  I was getting stronger but, the diet was so restrictive and boring. According to him you should NEVER have a cheat meal let alone a cheat day. Really, who can live forever without chocolate chip cookies, lol. I mean really! I was binge eating every four days, not good at all! :(

I came back to BFL because I know it works for me and so I began the journey this past Sunday the 26th. I'm so excited to be back and most of all I enjoy eating again. I know after kicking a$$ in the gym for six days my free day is my reward and I LOVE IT!!!

So cheers (with a protein shake) to all of us!

Let's do this!!! Woot! Woot!  :)