Thinking of doing the challeng in June.

• Hi!

I have both books on Body For Life. I bought the first book years ago, I may even have the work out book. I recently bought the newer book for $2 at a used book store called Half-Price Books in the Chicago area.

My only problem 1. is we (my wife and I) are scheduled to go on a cruise around Hawaii in May. The other thing is committement, I work from 5:30 am to 2 pm.

If I do this I want to be able to do the exercises, I guess you do not fail if you try.

I also have books by Bob Harper, Biggest Loser. So I am in the process of thought and study. I do not go to the gym. I have equipment at home that I can use. Such as treadmill, Schwinn Airdyne, and other things that help.

I am not a bloggger nor am I on Facebook. I am interested in staying fit. Watching what I eat!

• In the famous words of Yoda...Do or do not, there is no try.

Read the original book, plan and commit to doing a full 12 week challenge. That is IF you really want to change your life.  

Working out in the afternoon isn't a problem if it's the only time you can get it done.  All of the information you need is here on this site, you can down load the workout sheets, nutrition data and meal plan sheets and there's an abundance of support.

We may not always tell you what you want to hear, but we will tell you what works!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Well good for you kiefer3615.  First of all life happens so you have to sit down and figure out how to work around life.  You can't beat it so work with it. :-)

As for the cruise, it probably is a good idea realistically to start the challenge when you return.  I've never been on a cruise but if you are first starting, I can imagine it will be pretty darn hard to form a new habit around all that tempting stuff I hear are on a cruise.  Do try and do your best with eating, however.  You want to start where you know you can commit.

What I did was sat down and looked at when I could honestly stick to working out.  For me it was first thing in the morning before the day got going.  That meant I had to rise and shine at 4 am so I was working out by 4:30 am.  By the way, the best way, lose bodyfat is to workout first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.  You can still do workouts later in the day if that works best for your life.  Do your homework and prepare yourself for the best healthy journey you'll ever take. :-)

Here is a thread to check out for some very good helpful tips:

http://bodyforlife.com/community/boards/bfl/f/13/t/93.aspx

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• I often hear that about morning workouts, but I have tried both and have found I have much more intense sessions after a days worth of nuritous meals. I just try not to hit the gym without at least 2 hours past my last meal.

• Thanx for the info, What about bananas? I do not see them on the list!!

• Nope, Bananas are not on the list.  They are better left for your free day.  If you want to eat banana's, eat half of one.

• Bananas are high in carbs

• I work 8:00 to 5:00.  I have an hour commute each way.  There is no getting up early for me as I have two kids to get out the door for school.  When I get home at 6:00 I have to cook dinner and run kids to sporting events.  I NEVER get a workout in before 8:00pm and I'm still seeing results.  

If you want it you have to stop making excuses and just do it!   Good luck!

• Heather we have the same work schedule.  It's all about when a person can committ to sticking to a schedule.  I don't know how you and those who do this with kids and those who work and go to school maintain it but kudos to all who do.  I guess it's about how bad you want it and doing what you have to, to get what you say you want. :-)

• Though bananas may be high in carbs they do have so many other benefits. They do have a higher glycemic index than some other fruits which can make a difference to some but for those who love bananas - BANANAS ARE DEFINATELY APPROVED (as confirmed by the EAS hotline). As you will notice THE LIST is not all inclusive. If you are going to stick with this thing you MUST be creative and, at time, go outside of that list. You need to eat food that is not only good for you but also going to keep you motivated.

I had bananas during my entire first challenge and lost 40lbs in the first 11 weeks and saw huge results in body composition (without any supplements other than protein powder by the way). Not bad for having eaten bananas the entire time.

I enjoy and appreciate most of the comments and advice given on this forum but as you can tell there are also many personal opinions that are given that seem like BFL scripture.

I advise all who have a question about approved/authorized foods to call EAS and ask as this will clear up your concerns.

Hope this doesn't sound harsh or anything of the sort to anyone who has commented as this is not my intent. I am merely stating my own findings.

For what its worth!

Carry on forever!

• Heather, I have 3 kids, but luckily the oldest can drive so she can haul the others around if needed. I hear where you're coming from...sometimes I wish I had a BFL chef at home to at least do all the dinners!!

I do my workouts at 5 every morning because I found in the past I just didn't have energy at the end of the day after teaching and coaching.  Thankfully I only have about 3 more weeks of track season then it's sum,sum, summertime for me!

And Sharon...I WANT this BAD, so I make my working out and meals a priority and my family understands why the crazy mom gets up at 4:50 a.m. every day! lol!

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...