What is the best time to work out?

• Hi all,

I started my first challenge today, and I was wondering what is the best time to do weights/cardio?

I can either do them at 6.30am or 7.30pm.

Is there any added benefit with doing them at certain times.

Thanks in advance :)

• Funny I see this right as I'm sitting here sleepy-eyed ready to go out the door for cardio.

morning is best since you are in a fasted state.  then eat your first meal an hour after your workout.  Morning is also good 'cuz it's get that blood pumping and adrenaline coursing through your veins.  What better way to start your day?  Then also, your workout will be done for the day, you don't have to worry about fitting it in later when life gets in the way and makes you have to skip it.

If you have to do it later in the day, try to not eat at least 2-3 hours b4 you exercise.

If you haven't read the original BFL book, I highlyencourage it.  He explains further about the 'why's' and 'how's'.

• Andi, to add to what OptiGirl said, "studies indicate that fat is burned much faster-up to 300% faster-when you exercise in the morning as opposed to doing the same exercise in the afternoon." -BFL by Bill Phillips

I was using this as an excuse to not work out since I wasn't getting a work out in during the a.m.  Yesterday I did an afternoon work out to kick off my signing up for the Challenge today.  You have to start somewhere.  

• Thank you both for your advice, I do prefer to work out early.

• I agree that morning is better for a lot of reasons, but I also say that the best time to workout is when you can!!!  It is better to workout at 7:00 at night then not at all.  So, don't feel bad if you miss a morning workout and have to make it up at night.  As long as you are getting the exercise in, that is the important part.  Best of luck!!  Also, you can hit your 10's on every workout, but if your nutrition is lacking, you will not see the results you want to see.  Make sure your diet is clean as well!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"