Start up

• I am a 47 year old female.  In the 80's I was very fit at 5'5",  117lbs and a military police officer in the US Army.  I am small of build and have always had a high motabolism.  Then age crept up on me.  I kept a good 117-120 lbs until my mid 30's when I balloned up to 145 lb.  I realize there are a lot of people out there heavier then me with more trouble then I have had in life losing weight but to me it's all relative.  At my current 137 I am miserable and weak.  I want my six pack abs back and I want to be able to climb a flight of steps without panting.  I'm starting with a BM of 22.6 and my choletoral is 143 (LDL 62 and HDL 61) which is good but my Body Fat is 36%!  I still don't understand how my body could be 36% fat. 

I actually got this party started onTuesday April 13th with a trip to a new gym opened by a local hospital.  The only time I can workout is at 5:30 am and I spent that week just seeing if I could get up that early, get out and go do something, anything to get my heart rate up.  Not being a morning person, 0530 is insane for me to imagine.  I did it!  So, on April 19 I got serious and began my program.  I did take pictures which I will post soon and I hope to find others to help encourage me to move forward and those I can help encourage.   

SWand

• Welcome, SherWand! It's good to have you with us - what an excellent choice you have made in BFL. Have you read the BFL book or Champions for Life? I finished the first book (for the second time) and started Champions for Life a couple of days ago. It helps me to be actively involved on the Discussion Boards here and to read a little bit daily - keeps me motivated!

I hope to see you around on the boards!

~Kimmie

C1W3D4

"The limits you are living with right now, in every aspect of your existence, have been created by your mind. They are perceptions. And they are holding you back. You are capable of far more than you think you are." -Bill Phillips

• Kimmie,

Thanks!  No I have not read Champions for Life.  I'll pick it up soon.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Right now I'm feeling a little old.  Every muscle in my body aches and I don't recall working out feeling this painful 25 years ago.  LOL.  Thanks for the inspiration.  See you around!

SWand

• Welcome SWand.  I'm 48 and started this journey at 47 yrs old.  Read the original book.  If you follow that, you will do just fine.  Champions book is ok, but if you are doing this for the first time I highly suggest the original as it is the guide on how to do this.  You will get "you" back.  Be realistic about your goals.  Typically people lose about 20-25 lbs per challenge and drop about a size or two.  Be patient it will come if you work it. :-)

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• One more thing, here is a thread to check out for some very good helpful info:

http://bodyforlife.com/community/boards/bfl/f/13/t/93.aspx

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!