Week 3

• Monday was day 1 of week 3.  I am a bit discourgaged not to see the scale numbers falling more.  I am well aware from reading the BFL books that this may not happen, but was still hoping. :-).  I do see my body already improving.  I see my arms & legs getting more toned.  My dress capris are also very loose on me.  I have lost a total of 5lbs.  I never feel quite full, but am rarely starving either. 

I worked out regularly before the program, but was not seeing results.  I was one of those people that thought the more cardio the better.  I was also one of those people who walked around the gym, just guessing what machine to do next.  I now have a program in place.  I don't feel like I am lifting very heavy, but have been extremely sore!!! 

At this point I am very excited to get to week 6 my half way mark.  I am hoping to see mega results by then!!!  I really don't know if I would stick with the plan without my free day each week!!!  I so talk myself out of cheating, by telling myself that if I want it on my free day I can have it then.   I take this on Saturday, but then Sunday's are extremely hard!  Any suggestions???  The week is fairly easy since I work & am on more of a schedule. 

Just wanted to let everyone know that the people who respond are very encouraging.  I had almost talked myself out of starting the program, but after posting the fact that I was going to start it & got all the feedback, I just couldn't back out!

Thanks a bunch!

Dee

• Dee!!  Congrats on making it this far!   Stick these words in your thoughts

Habit, Habit, Habit, Habit!!

It takes 21 days to break an old habit and form a new one, and you my friend have just done that!  Cool!  Woohoo!

So about being discouraged about the scale, quote...."It's lying to you"  hehe...I mean read what you wrote, your capris are loose, arms and legs getting toned, body improving.....

So use the scale as just that, an observation point.  Add no feelings to it and just record the results.   Follow your routine, trust and believe in it. 
    Take it in steps as well.  Think to yourself, wow, this is what three weeks does, lets go another 3 weeks and then check results again.

Think also of the natural order of spring time.  Take any gardening plant from corn to tomatoes.  In the beginning it seems like NOTHING is happening.  Then slow stages of growth, then again....NOTHING seems to be happening because you want the fruit.  But all we can do is keep doing what we can, water and nurture it and keep going.  When it's harvest time then we'll see what we get.

~Marqui D.  C1W7D45

• Dee,

Keep moving forward and do your best to stay off of the scale.  There have been plenty of people that have lost very few pounds, but completely changed the shape of their bodies.  

Stay the course and enjoy your free day and you will get results!!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory