Gather here faithful GBers-1 post thread

• ***HELP PLEASE***

I am on day 24 and I am SO frustrated with my upper body. My weight range is 6,7,8,9,10 w/ some 12 but there are exercises that I still can’t get through unless I am lifting 5lbs on my high point (side raises and wide grip pull down). 

I find it hard to believe that anyone would start in this low of a weight range and I am also unsure about my form on some of my exercises - that is frustrating also.  If I bump my weights up I know my form is off, when I keep them low I don’t feel like I am making progress

I keep thinking I should be into heavier weights by now – I walked out of the gym this morning feeling totally disgusted and despondent.  L

Cory
    Life IS Good
    Not in BFL challenge currently

• I didn't mean for this to be out here on it's own - resposted it under the thread that everyone has been on - please ignore this post.

Thanks.

Cory
    Life IS Good
    Not in BFL challenge currently

• Leisl!!!!! WTG sister!!!! I am so very proud of you!!! Hard work and dedication pay off!! You are an awesome inspiration for us all!!!!

• Cory - work with what will give you good form while at the same time pushing yourself.  In other words, do not sacrafice the form for heavier weights.  You will be able to do more as you progress through the weeks.  I started at 5 lbs weights too for certain exercises.  It's a starting point. :-)

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Hi Cory, side raises are hard no matter how strong you are!

Are you still on the same weight you started on or did you just raise it? I am also on day 24 and had problems when I tried to raise my weight so I could use all the new dumbbells I got, bad idea, it was too much and made me feel pathetic because I couldn't finish without switching to a lower weight.

Screw the numbers, do your best.

--- Kitty

• Cory ~

My arms are definitely showing definition. However, my shoulder presses start at an 8. My superset for the side raises in a 5. My super set for my hammer curls is a 5. No worries. Focus on form. Engage the muscle group. That's more important than the pounds you are lifting. You will increase in time.

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• CORY... if you are worried about FORM then if you are feeling brave seek out a trainer (but be upfront to say you aren't there to have all the bells and whistles & don't suggest you will NOT be requiring more than a session or 2- The service is their paycheck so be diplomatic adn if you prefer no confrontation or "their honest opinion" about BFL (even if they aren't familiar) don't bring it up unless you are prepared to put the worms back in the can if required.  I have a friend who's a trainer and am thinking of asking for a little help too. (Our local comunity centre has a couple post- teens who are very eager and they get paid just to be there and help-kinda like a YM/YW CA).

* 24 of 84...the learning curve, I've decided,  is sometimes longer than expected but expecting it to be worth the wait!