To weigh or not to weigh?

• I don't do well with disappointment.  If I weighed and gained i would go on a binge!  I have been debating since i started a week ago last Sunday (1-8-12).  Weighing on day 84 sounds like the best idea i have ever heard!  I have done fine til now and feel great.  

• I think everyone has to do what works best for himself.  I would actually spend more mental energy wondering what the scale might say, so I'm better off just checking.  It's been very interesting to see what a meal high in salt and carbs does to my water retention weight.  That helps me resist french fries!

Thanks for the kind words, Runnergirl!  I appreciate it!

• I just found a great article by John Hussman on the web, I encourage you all to read this as it has great information that we all should be aware of.

www.hussmanfitness.org/.../TPBodyforLife.html

• Week 2 left me with a 1.5 pound gain.  At first I was bummed, but then began to think that it was attributed to one of two things: muscle gain or PMS.  I am going with a combo of the two.  However, I must say that I am really starting to see changes in my body.  I can feel it when I wash my face in the morning, and when I walk past a mirror.  Now I am actually encouraged and will just think of the scale as only one tool to track my progress.  I can only think what I will look like in 9 1/2 weeks if I have already seen this much progress.

I've been working out with a trainer one day a week for the past year, and although I have made huge strides this daily workout plan with HIIT makes all the difference in the world.  I still meet with my trainer once a week, which gives me a full-body HIIT weight training.  I've also signed up for two races, one during BFL and one after.  I feel I am changing for the better.  

• @ Artgirl, This thing is all about perseverance. Good job not letting the scale get you down!

@ VillageJen, You hit the nail on the head. We all need to do what works best for us. I honestly think all you weekly weighers are tough, brave people. I'm taking a "sticking my head in the sand" approach because it would bother me too much if I wasn't at my projected weight.

It's something I know I'll get over in time. I just wanna make sure my weight is acceptable to me next time I step on it. February 23rd is the day!

• I'm about to start wk4 C2. At first I stayed away from weighing myself but then started weighing myself daily and measuring weekly. I keep a chart of my weight and I find it extremely motivating. It does have it's ups and downs, especially on a Monday or Tuesday, but the trick is not to let it get you down. I stated at 89,2kgs (196) and found I hit a plateau at +- 85kgs (187) for about 3 weeks. This allowed me to adjust my diet and I then dropped to around 80kgs. This seems to be another hurdle but I think I'm putting on more muscle. My chart helps me to make adjustments and It's nice to see that red line drop.