The First Monday of the New Year 2012...

• ...and the first day to the rest of your life!

Monday, January 2nd is my start day.  I am 28 years old and a solid 20 Ibs over my ideal weight.  I have been aboard the roller coaster of up and down weight now for most of my post high school life.  Despite going through some short disciplined periods of my life along the way, I have not achieved my ideal fitness level in many years.  And unfortunately, I am the type of person that allows my negative body image to inhibit other parts of my life personally, professionally, and even spiritually.

I feel like there is so much to accomplish in this life and I want to be the person that has the confidence and determination to let nothing stop me.  I believe a disciplined pursuit of fitness and nutrition is an important starting place.

I welcome anyone who has a similar starting time to join in with me, bounce ideas and encouragement off one another, and tackle this thing head on.

Cheers to a New Year and a new outlook on life!

• Good Luck Tyler! I'll be starting with you on January 2nd. Let's make 2012 our year to be great!!! :~)

I am 5'6, 166ish pounds and I would like to loose about 40lbs.

• Awesome, Jennah!  Good luck to you too!

• Welcome Tyler,  You are making a step forward in the right direction.  With detemination, planning and effort I believe you can complete a challenge and meet your goals. God Luck and Happy New Year too!

• also starting with you!  Good luck!

• Good luck to you all!  I'll be starting on January 2nd as well.  2012 will be the year that I transform my body with Body For Life.  I am 5'2 and 160 lbs.  I've been struggling with this weight for the last five years and I am ready for a change. I will be 43 May of this year and hope to get healthy and strong once and for all.  

• Welcome to BFL everyone! January 2012 will be year 2 for me and after 85 lbs lost I am a new person inside and out.  I started BFL weighing 211 lbs, 5'1" tall, 47 years old and a pack a day smoker; my health was not good!

BFL is a whole program that takes the guess work out of being successful. Planning was the key for me, if I wrote a goal down it happened.

I wish you all the best in reaching your goals in 2012 because with BFL, they are all possible so go big!

Kim

• Hi all! I was going to start on Jan 8th but maybe I'll start on the 2nd with the rest of you. Not sure. I need to go grocery shopping to have good foods on hand, and need to remove the junk from my cupboards.

Wakey

I am the culprit, and I am the cure

• Hi all!

Tyler, good luck mate! You've made a step in the right direction with the rest of us and 2012 will be our year :)

I too am starting on the 2nd of Jan. I've already bought my first week's worth of protein supplements, got my meal plans more or less sorted and in a few hours I'm off to sign up for my local gym so that on Monday I can waltz straight in and not waste any of my precious lunch break when I want to by pumping iron and hitting those level 10 moments.

I haven't yet gotten as far as asking my fiance to take my photo 'cause frankly I don't want to have to stand there and pose with my gut out but I'll have to face the music this weekend. Wish me luck!

Are you guys writing in the blogs? I think I'll have to make it at least a weekly thing for me. I need the accountability of people following my progress.

I wish you all the best of luck and the strength to get through this program. Just think of how we'll all feel at the end of march <3

See you at the other end,

Lu x

• Ok, I'm not trying to one up anyone because this forum is about supporting each other, but I'm going to be 52 next year and I'm going to start BFL on January 2, 2012 also.  I even made my user name to remind me I will do it this time (WenFit).  I know at my age it is going to be hard, but I was an athlete earlier in life and have worked out on and off my entire life.  Lately more off than on.  Never got to the point I dreamed of, yet looking back it was never as bad at the time as I thought!  If only I could go back when.  Well now I know I can't look 20 again, but I sure as heck am going to give it all I've got.  I really, really need support because at my age it feels almost impossible to get to a happy place with my body.  Any others close to my age, I'd love to hear from you.  Not taking away the fact that it's hard no matter what age, just knowing at 50 the body doesn't respond as quickly...but I'm going to be cheering you all on.  Good luck everyone.

WenFit 2012

WenFit 2012

• I just recently joined here and had set a start date of Jan 2, but will likely push it back a week as I have a virus that has been kicking my a**!  Previous to finding BFL last week, on Dec 1, I gave up fast food meals, have been cutting back on the alcohol, and in the last few days have started conditioning my eating to the 6 meal schedule.

Wakey

• WenFit - I turned 50 this year so we are in the same age range. What inspires me and helps me believe that at this age it's possible, are the before & after photos of people my age and older. If you haven't already, take a look at the Success Stories section and look at some of those pics. What also gives me hope is that at age 44 I went from being an overweight couch potato, to losing 42 lbs and becoming a runner. I kept the weight off for awhile, and ran several 5ks and one 10k before slowly turning back to my old ways.

I have no doubt that I - and you - can achieve amazing results with this program if we do our best and get/give support from & to others!

Wakey

• Hey Lu!

Congrats on taking the plunge.  I'm happy to follow your progress and wish you the best of luck.  Monday is coming and that's about all that's on my mind (even though I'm trying to refocus back at work too)!  I will probably post updates (maybe not weekly) on the forum just as I sense myself making progress.

Just try and stay as committed on week 6 and 7 as you are on week one.  The challenge always seems to be keeping focus.

Go get 'em!

• Hey guys,

This is a little bit that really means alot to me about about building new habits:

"Good habits are hard to establish but easy to live with.  Bad habits are easy to establish but hard to live with."

Let's put in what it takes to establish the good habits to enjoy the life we want, no longer being slaves to the bad habits we let consume us! - Tyler