Staring Monday, Nov. 28!!!

• Welcome TK

@ M Sheep - There is one thing that you have to remember, in most cases it is way easier for guys to lose weight than girls.  So to compare your weight lose to mine or anyone else's would do more harm than good.  And also you might want to try drinking a full glass of water to hold you over between meals.  I've noticed that the harder I work out the more I want to eat and refuel my body.  I manage to avoid the "grazing" by filling up on fluids when I'm starting to get hungry.  It might be worth a shot.  But keep up the hard work.  "If this were easy, everybody would to it."

@ Michelle - Congrats on the 14lbs!  That's awesome.  Good idea with the once a month weigh-ins.  I decided to go with the Saturday morning before my free day and Monday morning after the free day.  Just gotta do what ever works for you.  Keep up the good work!!

• DavidF7422 - Do you have insomnia?  

MSheep - I can totally relate to the eating and nibbling.  My family isn't always on the same wavelength as me when it come to eating and it's hard to resist a nibble of this and a nibble of that.  At the end of the day it all adds up.  Are you using a food journal?  I am writing everything down, it helps keep me accountable.  (Except last weekened when I conveniently neglected to do this, but no more!)  I am baking cookies tonight for work, so I am planning on NOT eating any but saving one for free day on Sunday.  I love, love, love the holdiay baking season!  I am trying to not go all baking crazy this year, but I really do like to give cookies away and share with the people around me.  

Had a pretty good workout today at 5am.  20 min elliptical with intervals.  Got up to a max level of 15, next time will push to 16.  I think on Thursday or maybe Saturday for intervals I am going to see if I can hold up for a 20 minute interval run.  I think running is the BEST workout for calorie burn, but my knees don't always agree with me.  I haven't been doing much running so they feel pretty good, so I'll see how it goes.    

Have a great day!  Fit in that workout and eat to plan!

• Snacking is my problem too. I am also drinking a glass of water or a cup of green tea before I give in.It works 75% of the time.

TK1-I am glad I am not visiting your home. I cannot be in the same room with baking cookies. They are one of the reasons I started now. Either I would lose weight after Xmas or gain 10 more cookie pounds. You are tough!

Geesh Dave 3:19 am- either you are out partying or you don't sleep. Hmmm

Have a great day team. Give me input on the team name.I hear crickets. Come on-let's band together!

my ideas:

Holiday Warriors

Yes, We will weigh less after Xmas!

November New Bodies

• Well that's odd.  No I don't have insomnia. I actually wrote that as I was going to bed at like 10:19 p.m.  I don't have the slightest clue as to why it would post it at that time.  I'm posting this one at 11:04 a.m. EST.  

Anyways...  I really like the name Holiday Warriors.  That's the one that gets my vote.

Have a great day all and and enjoy the cardio today

• Hooray for everyone's hard work!  Here we are, into week 3.  Here's what I have found.

I have been using my cheat days, but after eating that junk, feel sick to my stomach afterwards.  Plus, I usually have a nasty headache on my cheat days.  Then, the next morning when I work out, I find that my sweat actually stinks a whole lot more than it does the rest of the week.  Strange, but true.

I'm nursing a 6 month old while I'm doing this as well.  Anyone else out there with young kiddos?  (No worries, I've gotten the OK from my doctor.)  Body for Life and Weight Watchers are the only 2 "lifestyle/diets" recommended for nursing moms.  

Saturday morning I had some people notice that I was looking leaner.  Loved the compliments!  Some days I notice a difference, some days I don't.  But I'll take the compliments!

I need to work on drinking more water and eating more often.  It gets hard when you're chasing little ones to remember to take time to eat.  I did have some friends who have done BFL give the following suggestion for a quick and easy meal.  They said to have some whole wheat pasta cooked in the fridge.  Warm that up with a little bit of pasta sauce and then throw in some cottage cheese.  They called it "fake lasagna", but it includes a veggie, protien & carb all in one.  I've tried it and love it!

I'm always on the lookout for good ideas/suggestions for quick and easy food ideas.  

Happy Week 3 to everyone!

• Like Holiday Warriors!

Yes, I made cookies last night and no tasting.  That was hard, but I feel like it was an acheivement of sorts.  

Had upper body workout this morning.  I was pretty sore after the same workout last week.  Much easier today so I will be increasing weights next time.  

How often is everyone planning to switch up exercises?  I was going to after 2 weeks, but I don't feel like that is enough time for my body to get used to the exercise enough for me to go heavier.  I am planning to switch it up after 4 weeks.

Anyone put greens in their protein shakes?  I had spinach in mine this morning - it's a great way to sneak in some extra nutrition!

• Hi everyone, I’ve been gone a few days. Just a quick catchup from work today:

@TK: Thanks for the support. After reading what you wrote, I noticed that I tend to want to eat and eat in the evenings after getting home from doing an UBWO or LBWO. That’s a temptation time for me. The other day I ate, then made myself an enormous glass of water with lemon juice and walked away from the kitchen to drink it through a straw (to slow me down). It helped. I think I’ve gotta retrain some of my habits…replace “oh, I think I might be hungry, I’ll go eat” with a glass of water and something else to do.

And I agree with Littlewulff: I so don’t want to be baking right now!

My university gym opens late during December because we’re between semesters, so I’m doing cardio at home. I miss the ellipticals. I don’t work nearly as hard if I have to do cardio at home.

I still haven’t lost any weight, but boy I sure can feel the muscles – ouch!

I got a great meal planning strategy I’m trying: I can program multiple alarms on my phone and name them, so I’ve named them Meal 1-6 and set them to go off at my scheduled meal times. I also put in the name of the meal a brief one or two word description of whati’d planned to eat. I’m having a struggling remember to carry the eating-for-life papers with me and fill them out, so I’m going to try this.

Jclarke: thanks for the “fake lasagna” meal idea. Sounds yummy. I’m always struggling to find healthy meals. I’m on the list for the Eating for Life book at the library, but it’s going to be a while.

I love putting spinach in my smoothies. I’ve also tried some cucumber. Works great and couldn’t taste them.  I also got canned pumpkin on sale at the grocery and put that in the blender with chocolate protein and skim milk…I like chocolate pumpkin ice cream shakes but the smoothie was delicious too.

Stay strong!

• Good morning everyone! Hopefully you all surviving the holiday baking and work parties   I completely overdid it on my free day…but it reminded me of how much better I feel when I’m eating balanced meals, so it was probably a good lesson learned.

I’m having a hardtime getting my workouts in this week. I’ve gotta run here and there and back and etc etc… But my eating has been good. Actually, think I eat better when I’mbusy because then there isn’t time to wander around the kitchen and think about food. Also, I’m not one to go through drive-thru’s, so if I have an apple and carrot sticks with me in the car, then I’ll eat those without thinking about it.

Well, I’m finishing up week 3. I tried on clothes this morning and found that my size hasn’t budged. Grr…. I’m going to focus on my meals. I do well at work during the day, but tend to graze once I’m home.  I’m not sure what else the hold up could be. I don’t want to put the time into it right now, but I think after Christmas is over I’ll make a myfitnesspal account and log what I eat so that I can see how I’m doing with my calorie intake.

Are any of you using the thermogenic supplement that BFL sells in the starter kit? I’m not. I’m not using any CLA either. I wanted to do some research and maybe buy them separately and try them. Does anyone have an experience with taking them…?

• Hey Holiday Warriors,

I haven't written in a while, mostly because I have completely fallen off the wagon and I so mad at myself. I am starting back up again on Monday and I still want to be part of this group, although I won't be finishing at the same time.

I hope all of you are doing much better than I have and I wish you all the best of luck!

Vanessa

• Hey everyone. Long time no post so I thought I should check in with everyone to see how you are doing! It has been a very busy couple of weeks as it was and still is for everyone, with that being said I have been doing well with sticking to my plan. I have only cheated twice By putting creamer in my coffee twice (all together not each day) on non-free days, for me that is really good because I usually only make it 2 weeks then I throw in the towel.I have not missed a workout yet, although I am a little frustrated because the scale isnt on the decline but I feel better so I just keep plugging forward and have faith in the program. Christmas is coming very quickly so I have done alot of planning and brainstorming to keep on track, included in that planning was alot of phone calls to friends and family that I will be staying with over the holidays to help keep me accountable. Trust me family especially siblings love nothing more than to say things like "is that cookie ur putting in ur mouth part of your plan?" or "I thought you said you were going to the gym?" As much as it sucks to be "nagged" or "reminded" it is worse to look in the mirror and think "I could of done better".

I hope everyone is still doing well and moving forward, and I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday and you all get great memories to carry you forward.

• Hello Holiday Warriors,

It has been a couple of weeks so I thought I would check in. I'm still on the wagon as far as eating goes but the workouts have been too few. It's a busy time for me at work but I am going to make week 5 a better week! Weight loss has continued to be very slow. I'm sure the inconsistent workouts are a contributing factor. Christmas is my free day this week and I'm sooo looking forward to it. CHOCOLATE!! And a bottle of Muscato, lol. Merry CHristmas and Happy Holidays ya'll.

• Hey Holiday Warriors,

As promised I am back on the wagon....hope you all are doing well. It's week 1 again for me. Yesterday I was off so I spent most of the day watching the BFL success VHS tapes. I'm totally pumped and motivated now!

• Oh VaNess, I so fell off the wagon, it is awful. However, like you I am forging ahead. But I am not going to start over- just keep going and see where I end up. I was so weirdly bad I am afraid to get on the scale. Sigh. I don't know what gets into me. But I am happy you are here with me.

Kristkim if you are still only bad by coffee creamer -you are my hero!

Smiles, Michelle

• OK Well I thought I actually had a pretty good plan going into the Christmas week, boy was I wrong!! Well actually I think my plan was good it was my willpower that was not so good. Needless to say I fell off the wagon and getting back on tomorrow! It is a good thing my wagon goes in circles because I sure get on and off ALOT! I am a little frustrated with my self but I keep reminding myself that this is a lifestyle for the rest of my life not just for 12 weeks so I am sure these things are bound to happen I just need to learn from them and move on. The worst part for me is that I don't go crazy when I fall off by eating alot of everything my issue is eating period, when I fall off the wagon it usually means I only ate two meals that day and they are not necessarily bad food but definately not enough food. Either way it is not good so I need to stay on track and force my self to plan better.

Despite my bad week (and a bit) I measured and weighed this morning and I have maintained where I was when I fell off the wagon. Not sure if that is a good thing or not but the one good thing is that I now know it was REAL progress.With anything else I have ever done to loose weight I loose the weight then after 3 days off their "Diet" I gain at least some back!

@Michelle - I am going to take the same approach as you and keep forging ahead instead of starting at week 1 again. I wish I could say that coffee creamer was my only slip up but as you can read above it was the first of many! It is good to read that you are still smiling, don't beat yourself up about falling off the wagon because everytime you take a step backward it gives you the extra momentum to propel you forward because the track is still fresh for the next step forward so be sure to keep looking forward!

@VaNess - Glad to see you are back, I think the important thing to remember is that you are willing to percevere to get what you know you deserve! As long as you hold on to the "want" the "how" will come. If the "how" was easy it wouldn't feel so rewarding when it was achieved!

@angiedora - Just wondering how your chocolate and Moscato was on Christmas? Moscato is my drink of choice and I definately made that choice far too often this past week! I hope that you are still with us and I just wanted to send a shout out just in case you thought you could slip away unnoticed! LOL!!!!! Just kidding I hope all is well.

Well I just wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing after the holidays and give a quick update on my status as well! I hope everyone is looking and moving forward! All the best to everyone in 2012! Let this be YOUR year!!!!!!