Allergy Question...

• Hi...  this is my first post, so please forgive the ramblings as I try to get my point across...

I have tried the program before on a half hearted attempt...  I still lost weight (5'3  155 down to 125... go me) just by (sorta) monitoring what I was eating and upping my amount of excercise.   I think one of the biggest reasons I didn't give the program my all is because of the eating plan.  I have a known allergy to aspartame (fake sugar ingredient) and a probable allergy to overly processed and fake things (hot dogs vs me... hot dogs win... low-fat, low Calorie, low anything also seems to win)...  

I was in a lull, frustrated with my allergy and the fears it entails... However, I want to conquer myself and prove that I can be healthy and quit making excuses... I have found myself justifying food choices (healthy or not) based on what I know I can have... and recently those choices have become more unhealthy because of the ease and convienence (fast food three+ times a week is simply not healthy, no matter how I look at it)...

I am very unsure of trying anything that isnt "natural" (I can have processed things, I just have to watch the amount... Cant say I think soda, beer, or a big mac are actually products of the earth) and I cant find the ingredient label for the bars/shakes that are reccomended...  I want to give my best possible effort to the program, but I also want to stay healthy and able to accomplish those goals without suffering.  Is there anyone that can tell me more about the bars and shakes or suggestions for substitutes that are still quick and simple?

Thanks

• I would guess that no one has posted because they aren't familiar with your allergy. I can say that your best bet would be to just eat whole foods. Hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, whole turkey *** deli meat are all great protein choices for on the go. I love the EAS AdvantEDGE carb control shakes for hurried meals. You must add a carb to the meal, such as apple, berries, yogurt, etc. The bars should be reserved for EMERGENCIES only. They are fairly high in sugar and can trigger more sugar cravings.

EAS would be very helpful to contact. They have folks waiting to answer questions such as this. Incredibly nice people. (800) 297-9776

I'm no Dr, so take all of this with a grain of salt.

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• Go to this link to see detailed info, including ingredients for Myoplex Lite.  Search the site for info on other EAS products.

www.bodybuilding.com/.../myolitebar.html

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!